Flavor Flav To Release First and "Only" Solo Album

9/13/2006 3:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Flavor FlavGangsta-rapper-turned-reality-TV-sensation Flavor Flav will release his first, and he says only, solo album at the end of October, reports Karu F. Daniels of the AOL BV Newswire. The star of VH1's runaway hit "Flavor of Love," which recently had its second season premiere, says the long-gestating project, to be titled "Flavor Flav," will be produced on his own Draytown Records label. (Flav's real name is William Drayton, Jr.)

"I got some things off my chest, but not all," says Flav of the new album, adding that he intends to make this effort one for the ages. "What I'm gonna do is make this one a collector's item. My first and only solo album, ever." The first single, says BV Newswire, will be a "rock-rap fusion" track titled "Flavor Man." Collaborators will include Smooth B. and Collition.

And the afterglow of Flav's show will extend to one lucky contestant from season one of "Flavor of Love"; Variety reported earlier that VH1 was planning to do a spinoff with an as-yet-unnamed contestant from the first season.

Can't get enough Flavor in your life? Never fear. Flav rolls into daytime television as a guest on "The Tyra Banks Show" September 22nd.

evan

haha "gangster rapper" what is that about?

daisy

There's 1 CD i won't buy

Jinxy Cat

I'm sorry...who IS this guy???

lovelylise02

I figured Flavor of love was some type of publicity stunt that would lead to something of this nature. Can you imagine stopping at a light and someone pulling up next to you blasting " Yeahhhhh Boyyyyy?" I believe he will sale less or around the same as David Hasseloff! LOL

mlc31

I just get the feeling by looking at him that his breath really stinks.

Takeover King

For the record, everyone should know their history! Second, to the editor or publisher, FLAVOR FLAV was NEVER a gangster rapper! Do your research before you post idiocracy! The group he was in,"Public Enemy" was a very political and controversial rap group.

coco puff

Flavor of Love is a hilarious comedy show. Especially when Flav tongue kisses those Ho's, YUCK, HA! HA! He looks like a 90 pound, crack smoking, retired pimp! The next episode is on this Sunday night on VH1, check it out, very funny shit!

Whatever

Please DONT release an album! His breath smells like rotten cheese.

coco puff

He looks like a 50 year old crack head, dressed up like a court jester!

Penny

He is one ugly black man!!!! How gross!!!!

edna123

You stupid assholes he's not a gangsta rapper.
Because he's black and raps doesn't mean he's Gansta
If u fuckin don't know what your talking about, don't write about it !
i think you should apologize for your racism and speak at a baptist church

tiffany

flav seems really nice, and his music was cool find it online somewhere before you judge it. i do admit, he doesn't have any class but i'd hang with him before i would some pretentious jerk or somebody like 50 cent (GAG) and flav can't help being ugly he was born lik ethat and no amount of surgery will help, I say God bless him.

Baby Boo

don't you EFFIN BITCHES mess with my MAN flav!! He is MY man and those dumb bitches ain't gonna get him. I live in Vegas and I own his ass. He is the most talented man on this earth. Signed, Baby-BOO

JDtheDJoftheJR

911 AIN'T THE JOKE, FLAVA FLAV IS. WANNA-BE GANGSTA IS A FIRST RATE COMMEDIEN . . . EVEN IF HE AIN'T TRYIN' TO BE. SHOW IS GREAT, A CAR CRASH WITHOUT CARS.

John C jackson

He made a solo album for Def Jam TWICE in the late 90s but they were rejected by the label and never released. He then had a completed one that was supposed to be out in 1999 but never cameout. I remember because I was a PE fan at the time and it seemed his first solo album was always getting ready to drop very soon. I guess it took 10 years and some stupid show to give him some pop culture recognition.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments