TMZ Obtains Houston/Brown Separation Docs

9/13/2006 8:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the court documents filed by Whitney Houston seeking a legal separation from her husband of 14 years Bobby Brown.
Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston

The documents were filed Friday September 8 in Orange County Superior Court. Houston's rep confirmed to TMZ that the Grammy award-winning singer will officially file for divorce next month. The documents do not reveal Whitney's intentions with respect to custody of the couple's daughter Bobbi Kristina.

Houston has high-powered celebrity divorce attorney Stephen Kolodny to represent her. Kolodny has been involved in epic divorce battles, though it is unclear how that bodes for Whitney and Bobby.

Latasha Fom WV

Whittney,

Mamy people can judge you. Howev
er, Nobody knows your pain but you.
Always remember that God will never put more on you than you can bare.
Pray and Go with God. Always keep him in your heart no matter what and you will surely come out fine.

God Bles you with your recover and your divorce.

Latasha
Smithqueen4lyfe@aol.com

the wise old owl

Oh gosh. Let's hope that Whitney isn't planning on filing for custody of her daughter. For sure Bobby is the lesser of the two evils at this stage in the game.

. With her history of drug abuse, ( some of them documented on tape )there isn't a judge who would grant her full custody. It will be joint custody at best. I am sure they will put the interest of the child first

Trina

Whitney ... I don't blame Bobby for your current condition and I'm sure you don't either. But ... he contributed and it's hard to get out of rehab while going back to the same habit (i.e. people around you who do drugs). This is a blessing. If you mean it ... stay gone if you want to get better. You can't get out of rehab and go home to people doing drugs ... it won't work! God speed girl. God speed.

ujay

Thank the lord she has finally seen the light. God speed whitney.

Freelols.com

This is Whitney's way of telling Bobby that he's so 1992.

Glen D. Aeschbach

You go girl. Drop the ball and chain, get into rehab, then get into the studio and make some music. A lot of people are pulling for you.

Magua'

I am surprised that it took Whitney Houston 14 years to wake up, and get out of this marriage.

stan

I have nothing bad to say about Ms Houston Or Mr Brown. I just hope both of them will be civil to one another because they do have a daughter- who by the way has been through enough. I do wish them the best. However I think both of them need to go into rehab for 6 months!

MP

I hope Whitney Houston can pick up the tattered pieces of her career and move on..Pleaseeee don't take Bobby back - you can do bad by yourself - from another chocolate sister:)

Lord Xenu

Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it.

Lord Xenu

Hey Whitney !

Great News! Flavor Flav is still looking for a new HO-BAG for his crib.

Claire

Maybe shes broke now paying for Bobby's kids and Bobbi Christinas face replacement surgery cause that kid is BUSTED! Thats a crack baby for sure....crack IS whack..thank you Whitney for that advice cause after seeing you and what your kid looked like I won't even drink liquor!

Mrs. Jackson

Thank Goodness she is done with him, Ive never seen a man bring a woman so far down before, I hope she stays away from him, Whitney, stop using, clean up your act and make a fabulous comeback, we are routing for you girl....

CoreyCarrier

OMG, f**k custody of that little spoiled c**t Bobbi Kristina. What's REALLY on the minds of Whitney and Booby... ooops, I mean Bobby, is: Who gets custody of the CRACK (cocaine)???!!! lmfao

Jenn

I bet this girlfriend makes a comeback!! I can't wait to see it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments