Rev. Run Speaks Out About Family Tragedy

9/27/2006 4:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

As TMZ first reported, the newborn baby girl of MTV and music legend Joseph "Reverend Run" Simmons died yesterday at a hospital in Ridgewood, N.J.
Rev. Run speaks out about the tragic death of his newborn baby

Rev. Run issued the following statement about the tragic death of his daughter to the Associated Press: "On Sept. 26, 2006, Victoria Anne Simmons for some unknown reason chose to come early and unfortunately did not survive," his statement said. "We must accept whatever is there and once you accept unconditionally, then everything is beautiful. Every pain has a purifying effect. So whatever comes your way, just be thankful. We see life in death and believe in the celebration of life in death."

Simmons, brother of hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, has five children. He can be seen on the popular MTV reality series "Run's House."

He was a founding member of pioneering rap group Run-DMC.

killhayley

This is so sad, I love them...they are a really cool and somewhat normal family.

Iowa Girl

I feel awful for this family, what a horrific thing to happen.

BRENDA

I am a huge fan of your show and was so happy you guys were adding another addition to your family.

MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES TO THE ENTIRE FAMILY. I HOPE JUSTINE AND RUN WILL LEAN ON EACH OTHER DURING WHAT I AM SURE IS A DIFFICULT TIME.

MANY BLESSINGS

BEE

SICK N' TIRED OF HATERZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE LOSS OF THE SIMMONS'S NEW BABY GIRL IS AWFUL...........MY HEART GOES OUT 2 THE WHOLE ENTIRE FAMILY.......I'M A BIG FAN OF NOT ONLY THE SHOW, BUT OF THE FAMILY ITSELF, THEY ARE THE PERFECT IMPERFECT DEPICTION OF A STRONG, LOVING, POSITIVE 'BLACK' FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE THEM AND I AM SO SORRY 4 THEIR LOSS.

Erica Radford

i'm very sorry for your loss.
My family will be praying for you all

Ava Rose

I can't imagine the pain this family is going through~~I feel awful becuz you know all the brothers and sisters of little Victoria Anne were looking forward to a new little sister ~~That is such a beautiful name also~~I will continue to pray for them all, and just remember that everything God does happens for a reason!!

Rejeania Monge

My thoughts and prayers go out to Rev Run and his family.

Queen

Still don't believe it. This statement could have been written by the TMZ staff due to comments about the possibility of the story being false. It's still not being reported on any reputable sites. I'm still searching...................

gotta getta life

I hate to see this wonderful family suffer this tragedy. The love that you have for one another will get you through this difficult time. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Flora

I am so sorry for your pain. I know first hand how devastating that can be since I delivered my newborn baby girl & she died as I was in labor about to deliver her. I agree with what you have said but it still does not ease the pain & my heart goes out to you.

Sincerel;y Flora

Shirley Glenn

Your family is in our prayers. This is a very hard time for the Simmons family, and for the fans that love them. Remember that God has a reason for everything, even if it does not seem right, He loves each and one of us. Stay strong and blessed.

The Glenn family of North Carolina

samantha turner

i am sorry for your loss i pray that god will strengthen you thru this difficult time.
be blessed.

by sam

Timika jenkins

I think that is so sad because his wife could not wait to have a baby and on the show she said that she always wanted a lil girl.I will keep them in my prayers

stoopit

He is an amazing man with an amazing family. I don't know many people that wouldn't be completely destroyed by an event like this. My heart and prayers go out to them all.

the wise old owl

This man's spirituality will pull him through his pain and anguish . His acceptance of fate and belief in God will be of great comfort to him now. I have even more respect for him now after reading his thoughts and feeling regarding the passing of his daughter. He has great strength and faith. What a terrible tradgedy. May God bless him and his family through the grieving process.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments