Scary Spice

Pregnant With

Eddie Murphy's Baby

10/17/2006 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that former Spice Girl Melanie Brown, aka Scary Spice, is four months pregnant with Eddie Murphy's baby. The news comes amid rumors that the couple will marry next month.

Melanie Brown and Eddie Murphy
A source tells TMZ that Brown came into the hip Le Bra Lingerie boutique in West Hollywood on Saturday and was gushing about her impending birth.

Brown, who has a 7-year-old daughter from a previous relationship, is a frequent shopper at the store and admitted the pregnancy had her feeling tired. Brown added that she was concerned she may be carrying twins since, she noted, they run in Murphy's family.

While on her shopping spree, Melanie picked up nearly $5,000 worth of Eres lingerie for herself and about $300 worth of La Perla men's undershirts and underwear for Eddie.

In April, Murphy's divorce from his ex-wife Nicole became final. The "Daddy Day Care" star has five children with Nicole and another son from a previous relationship.

Murphy's rep told TMZ "We do not comment on Mr. Murphy's personal life."

Calls to Brown's rep were not immediately returned.

PN

I think that Eddie Murphy and Melanie Brown make a nice couple. I am happy to hear that they are expecting a baby. You are so caught up with her once Scary Spice image in the Spice Girls. Right now, she's moving on, and we need to accept that. I loved her in the group, but I am pleased that she and Eddie will be having a baby in the future. You know, all those Eddie Murphy movies I've watched for 2 decades and I didn't know he has 5 children! I can see why he wants to make more movies to provide for his kids' futures.

me me

This goes for all of the hating comments posted, what they do is what they do and can't nobody judge them, hell we don't have to take care of the babies so let them have as many as they want, I don't see anything wrong with what they are doing.

sstacinator

I think you all should be ashamed of yourselves judging people that you do not even know and people that have not done one thing to any of you just because they are famous

keepitzipped

doesnt he believe in birth control?? or is he hoping to repopulate a small country with his kids?

nicole

u guys need to get ur facts straight eddie isn't the only bi in this couple so is scary a year or two she was w/ a woman producer. second of all just because they said she said those things doesn't make it true. third of all scary spice is pretty when she got her hair down that's a bad pic they got of her she was the naturally pretty one in the spice girls.

D

Why so many negative comments on a couple we don't even KNOW. If they're happy let them be! We don't know why they're together and its no ones business!

Julie Wines

I think Eddie should be worried about his career since he will be paying child support for many years to come. How about a Beverly Hills Cop 4??

Robin Trucksess

God bless you folks , you are in my poor prayers. Peace and happiness for many years.

zae

You guys shouldn't be so hard on Scary Eddie...we all have perfect relationsjips / right.
zae

Lane

With all the killings and war and gas prices, who really gives a rats behind? Not only about these two, but any other "star", can life be so shallow to so many?

Eli

Oh please who gives a crap about Eddie Murphy anyways?

Jen

To everyone here... the fact that she could have twins is very possible.. weither she is a murphy or not the baby/babies she is carring would be murphy there for she could very well be carrying twins. If it runs in either side of the genes it is a great possiblitly.. so I have to say congrats to them and I hope they are very Happy.. I was a spice girl fan in my day and I am an eddy murphy fan.

Tanya

I'd be more afraid of the fact that this man has no awarness to having safe sex...............WITH ANYONE. That's digusting!!!!

Chrissy

I hope she is not still concerned that she is carying twins, if she is she is a twit.

As far along as she is no way would they have missed twins this far. If they did not detect them by the 2nd month she is not having twins.

julie

The twin statement is nonsense. Everyone knows twins run on the MOTHER'S side of the family. Not the father's.