Babs Heckled Again - But No F-Bomb

10/31/2006 2:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Barbra Streisand's Bush-bashing tour made it's way to the hotbed that is red state Florida on Monday.

Barbra Streisand
Babs, who was heckled earlier this month after bringing out a Bush impersonator for a skit during a performance in New York, once again brought out a presidential look-a-like and faced outbursts from members in the audience at Fort Lauderdale's Bank Atlantic Center.

A source tells TMZ that during the skit, "Bush" asked Babs if they could sing a solo together to which Streisand replied "How about "Enough is Enough?" (A reference to Babs' 70s disco duet with Donna Summer) At that point a disgruntled fan threw ice at the 64-year-old diva. Barbra kept her cool, opted against using her now infamous retort of "Shut the F**k Up!," and simply said "It's ok, it's ok."

When fans asked her to sing a song for the Republicans, Barbra's suggestion was "Send in the Clowns." This got another audience member upset, who started to boo loudly at the singer. Some of Babs' superfans came to her aid telling the heckler to "shut up!"

While both the heckler and the ice thrower were escorted out of the arena, Barbra remarked, "If you just want to hear my songs, buy my albums and stay at home." And with tickets for Babs tour going for exorbitant prices, no doubt many fans did!

After her comments filled the arena with a round of applause, Babs got back to doing what she does best with her voice -- singing.

Babs' tour, and the controversy associated with it, winds up November 20 in Los Angeles.

jeanettte jay

There is nothing more unattractive then a beautiful, bright & talented women with a filthy mouth-

U Know Who

Deport this has been quickly! Send her and the dickeat chicks down to Venezuela, where they can be the good lil commies they are.

El-Phantasmo

Wicked

I don't see anything beautiful or bright about this bitch. Very nice to see a photo that truly resembles this old hag. A photo not airbrushed, etc. Bab's you can take your political views and shove them up your big fat white hairy ass. Yes you can sing...but again, people aren't paying 500 dollars and up to listen to you rag about the president. Smoke some crack and head to Iraq...you ingrate. Pig

Lola

"If you just want to hear my songs, buy my albums and stay at home."

Isn't the point of a concert to hear someone's songs? If this was going to be some type of comedy act/play she should've warned fans first especially at those prices. I went to the Billy Joel concert back in March and he sang for 3 hours straight....she should shut up and stick to singing.

moretocome

I'm sure Babs is crying about this on her way to the bank. She's rich and people keep on paying to see her. Don't like what she has to say?? Don't pay $100 bucks for a concert ticket. It's really simple folks. She can say what's she wants it's her stage.

Marissa

She's a commie

dissentispatriotic

Freedom of speech, baby. Sometimes it's not pretty(you can read into that on so many levels!).

Bush is an elected official, not royalty. We are citizens, not loyal subjects.
Bush is NOT America. You can love this country and not like the current administration.

There's nothing "commie" about that.

blah blah blah

I'm SORRY RATHERTHAN THAT

I beg to differ on your thought
People pay those prices to hear what she does best, and that is her vocal career.
She has some great music, and people "expect" to get what they are paying for!
If people pay $100 to go to a comedy show, that would be different but, that is not the case. They don't want to see a dull and boring skit about our president!
She does not own the stage. She can defenitly be put into the category with Kevin Fed, if she continues that kind of entertainment.

Gwen

Although I personally would not go to a concert to hear political stuff, I am sure people that follow her know ahead of time it's part of her and to expect it. She is a wonderful singer and has impressed the crowds for years both with her singing and movie career. Time people give her a break!

DeeDee

I don't understand why celebrities think that people care what their political ideology is. I agree with J.J. Jay about fould mouthed women. I'm a woman and I find it really disgusting. But, then, again I find men speaking that way disgusting, too! Not to mention it makes one sound just downright stupid.

CELEBRITIES, just do what you do well!! You get paid VERY well to perform and we appreciate that! But, PLESE, keep your political opinions to yourself.

Scout

nellie,
Can you please post your photo. I mean you must be drop-dead gorgeous , because you're always calling someone unactractive. People know when they go to see Barbra Streisand that she's a very proud and active Democrat, therefore If you don't like her politics don't go to her concerts. Barbra Streisand is and always will be a beloved legend. Bush is and always will be a ignorant, arrogant dumbass!

Wes

"A patriot supports their country not necessarily their government."
Rainlillie

Ryann

Celebrities are Americans just like you and I, and they're entitled to the same freedoms under the Constitution that all Americans are. So why shouldn't they be able to speak out? If you don't like what they're saying don't buy their CD's don't go to their movies , concerts etc.

Wicked

boy Scout...I'll show you mine if you show me yours first.

moretocome

If you paying to see Barbara Streisand and you don't expect her to say something political you're an idiot! Why would she change all the sudden after all these years? She's always been this way and makes no attempts to hide the way she feels. I agree with her, buy her record and stay home. She doesn't need your money.

And she could buy a sell your little buddy K-head a thousand times over even if she never had another concert in her lifetime.

With that said, I don't like her music so I wouldn't pay to see her, it's very simple. But I believe she has every right to say what she wants at her concert, on her stage!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments