Dempsey's First Wife to Enquirer -- I've Been Had

11/1/2006 6:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Patrick Dempsey's first wife admits she lied when she accused the actor of brutality, but claims the National Enquirer knew it was a lie but published the story anyway.

The Enquirer published an article citing divorce documents filed in 1992, in which Rochelle Parker alleged Dempsey attacked her on a movie set and broke her finger by slamming it in a car door. Parker was 47-years-old back in 1987 when she married Dempsey, who was 21. Dempsey left Parker in 1992 for another woman.

Parker recently recanted her allegations after learning the Enquirer was about to publish its story. Parker now claims the allegations were made "in the heat of a divorce" and "false." Parker says she was played by the Enquirer: "I never confirmed to the Enquirer that the story ... is true. To the contrary, I have previously stated that such allegations are untrue. In fact, the Enquirer offered to pay me money to confirm such allegations, which offer I refused."

TMZ contacted the Enquirer. Editor in Chief David Perel says, "When we went to Dempsey for comment, his people were desperate to stop the story and they realized they couldn't. One of the things they tried is to elicit a statement from her (Parker) saying he did not beat her." Perel says his paper offered money for wedding photos, but that's it.

Suzy

WHO CARES?

Wicked

Who the hell cares, Dempsey should have slammed your face into the car door....come near my son, you old bitch and I'll do worse to you then that...you cradle robber nasty ass.

Wicked

#1 Kudos to you. Great minds think alike...at the very same moment in time.

jeremiah

Patrick Demples is so HOT! He reminds me of a transexual I used to date. He/She was Irish. I used to wax that @ss all night long. till daybreak. I miss you Robert!

Kelly

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?????? F'ING RETARDED.

jeremiah

Oh Patrick your so silly. And to that previous comment. I can understand a resemblence to a tranny you used to "sword fight" or "bare back" with but I just havent met many transvestites that are Irish. Odd!

jeremiah

I love you Patrick! And Suzy youre just jealous cuz I think Patrick doenst even like women. Go buy your self a toy and feel BETTER!

Get over it

Mark I miss you, you should come by my house later and we can share a special night together just like old times.

kendra

#4-5 Ur a real a**hole........fagsssssssss

jeremiah

I was with a tranny that looked more like Isaiah, unfortunately. I definitely would have traded my tranny for yours Mark. Unless...We could have all just doubled up get it DOUBLED UP...hahahah Gay Pride America..yeahh! I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF YOU PATRICK.

Carl

Oh yeah, I almost forgot he used to marry someone old enough to be his mom.

moretocome

So this is a story about a non-story?? Hello TMZ, anyone home??

Wicked

What the f*** does that BITCH OPRAH ..know about pizza...and her lesbo friend Gail can suck sh*t out of Oprah's hairy nasty fat ass

L.S

come on now who cares that was 14 years ago.

Whatever