Chris Rock

Files for Divorce

11/3/2006 7:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris RockTMZ has learned that Chris Rock has begun divorce proceedings against his wife of nearly 10 years, Malaak Compton-Rock. TMZ is told that the comedian has hired a high-powered divorce attorney to represent him.

The couple, married in November of 1996, has two daughters -- 4 year-old Lola and 2 year-old Zahra. Malaak is the Founder and Executive Director of StyleWORKS; a non-profit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the workforce.

When contacted, Rock's rep would only say "I cannot comment at this time."

Chris, best known for his stand-up comedy as well as for a controversial turn as the host of the 2005 Oscar telecast, once told NBC's Stone Phillips that marriage was "beautiful" but added, "If you're a guy, [your individual self] is dead. Get rid of you. Take yourself to the door and wave. Hey, see you later. It sounds horrible. I'm happier than I've ever been now that I've shot myself in the head."

Rock is currently in post-production for the film "I Think I Love My Wife."

Chris Rock gallery: click to launch

Think!

What is going!? First Eddie and now Chris? I mean I know he's his role model and all, but sheeesh. Not to mention Reese and Ryan.

Leary

When the black man reaches success, and is married to a beautiful black woman, what does he do? divorce her for a non-beautiful black woman.

Mad Balls

Good ..................

...................now Madonna can adopt him .

Lulu

It starts to make you think...."Why do any actors/actresses bother getting married in the first place?". Maybe Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell had the right idea. They've been together forever and never got married. Well, I wish them both well and hope they can keep sane in the media frenzy that is sure to follow.

fdodgerfan

I dont know why he married her to begin with, Shes ugly.
He should have know not to marry a woman with the last name of Compton.

fdodgerfan

LOL, look at his face in the picture shown above , lol, hes not a happy man. LOL

Mad Balls

hey hey look at me !!!!!!I say something so PC . hey hey look at me !!!!! I never offend anybody cause I'm the ANUSGUY.COM

ANUSGUY.com vist me when your comatose

vegasdreaming702

This couldn't have happen to a bigger a**hole like you Chris Rock wtg....I use to like him until out of the blue he turned against whitie. Im so glad his wife had his two kids and no prenup malaak can suck his money dry. Comment to 1 not only Al sharpton but Charles Barkley to. " i bet"

Tina

10 years is the NEW "7 year ITCH"

chuck

#25 CHRIS ROCK HAS ALWAYS MADE FUN OF WHITIE lol nothing new its funny and im white and HE WILL BE STAND IN ON THE DAVE CHAPPELLE SHOW OD WILL BE ON WILD N OUT WITH NO TALENT NICK CCANNON

Fish

This is pathetic. Chris Rock is getting a huge head that comes with being one of America's (current) "It" people. He was in a few movies prior to his marriage, but he never got popular before 10 years ago. I bet he just has a prima donna attitude now, like most of them get when famous, and she doesn't want that.

TheseDays

Seems to me he's been looking pretty miserable lately, just on edge and unfulfilled. Just a changed Chris Rock. And what was the scoop back a while on that Anthony Pelicano covering Chris' mistress + pregnancy? Something like that? How'd that go?

Lois x Brundage Vance

You guys don't know what went on in that marriage, but because Chris is a celebrity, he is automatically the bad guy. Grow up guys, if you don't have all the facts, don't judge.

LLR

I am so sick and tired of these phony hollywood idiots, who go on national television and rant and rave how they love their wives, and then a couple of years or ten, down the road divorce them. They are all self-indulgent idiots

Nick

Hollywood is so weak these days...

Fashionable divorces
Desperate hags adopting kids in other countries
Privileged c**ts going in and out of the same night club
Skinny drug attics with no talent passing out and overdosing
Movies suck

I havent been to the movie theater in 2 years...So turned off by this pathetic, desperate culture called Hollywood.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments