Felicity

Adopts a Black ... Puppy

11/14/2006 3:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Felicity Huffman's adoption of a black lab went a little smoother than Madonna's controversial Malawian baby purchase adoption.

On Friday, the "Desperate Housewives" star picked up a pup at an L.A. humane organization as an early holiday gift for her daughters, proving that not all celebrity adoptions require a trip to the Third World and an appearance on Oprah!

Offended

Are you people comparing a BLACK puppy to a BLACK innocent child? I guess you think that's cute. Shame on you TMZ!

sam

I love puppies. I'd have a ranch full of dogs and horses if I could afford it.

Laurie1122

It's a joke. Get over it "offended"

Daniele

Ok...there are plenty of other things in this world that could offend me...but I do think this was in pretty bad taste. Get it together guys! You usually entertain me through my humdrum work day...but this is just wrong. Just the heading alone is going to piss people off. I am a person with an easygoing spirit (and a black woman!) so I can forgive it...but alot of other people are not going to like this!

bethany

WOW! I am so impressed!

There are so many wonderful puppies that desperatly need homes, and will get euthanizd just beceause no one adopts them

Take a look at Petfinder.com to see adoptable pups at sheltrs and rescues

get it right

WTF TMZ?!?! You completely missed the target on this one. I agree that this was done in poor taste! Boo.

Monique

This article was written in very poor taste. It still amazes me that the media has nothing better to do than ridicule Madonna for adopting a African child, and than proceed to make racist undertones about a black dog. I seriously doubt there would have been any uproar at all if she adopted a blond haired, blued eyed child from France! Does it bother u that much that the child she adopted was non-white?? God forbid, someone w/ ability and influence helped a child that was not born on precious US soil and looks like Dakota Fanning, you must offend an enitre culture of people for it. Think before u write TMZ.. This was article was low-class and not funny at all!!!

B A Player

That is the worst comparison that I have every read and you really should be ashamed that you could even print something that degrading on you website. That is just unbelievable. It should be retracted and someone should apologize for such a ugly comment. You should not be comparing that child to a dog. Just unbelievable.

Questionable

While I think pet adoption is an amazing thing to do, I think the delivery of this story could have been done better. I hope you don't offend too many of your readers with this one, TMZ!

DarkVioletEmpress

Impressive! It's always nice to see when ppl's racism just accidently slips out like that of Mel. I love how ignorant people can write such offensive things and not think twice about what black ppl would think! Right on TMZ, I wonder how many ppl this article went through before they gave it a shining mark of ppl, whatever the number that's just how many undercover racists are working for you!

bethany

I think the point here is...Madonna's great disrespect to the black community. She adopted that child as a PET and a media plaything.

a black child is getting used as an attention driver for rascist Madonna

PC Baby

Wow, that's some real good humor there. Really, such a clever juxtaposition of black orphan dogs and black orphan African babies. Classy!
ITA , In Bad Taste. The tone of this post is inflammatory in the least and guaranteed to bring the lowest common denominator out of the woodwork to spew some race-baiting BS.
TMZ, you sink to new depths with each unfunny, mean-spirited post of late....

bethany

I have a question for the black community

Why are selfish dummies like Madonna tolerated when they patronize blacks and use them for self promotion? Madonna only adopted David and took him away from his family and culture because his black skin would get her more attention from the press

She is disgusting

Mandy

THANK GOD SHE ADOPTED A BLACK DOG AND NOT ANOTHER BLACK CHILD!IS HAVING THE BLACKEST CHILD A NEW HOLLYWOOD FAD?

Daniele

I don't want to get caught up in the negativity so this is my last post:

It doesn't matter why Madonna adopted an African child. That is her business and we will never know...but adopting a child from anywhere is a good thing regardless of the child's color. And the point of the offended here is NOT the adoption itself but the off-color joke the author of this article is trying to pass. As must as you try to justify it, there is something that just isn't right about it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments