'Kramer's' Racist Tirade

Caught on Tape

11/20/2006 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS PROFANE AND RACIAL

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger."

One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That's un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three-minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust.

Attempts to reach Richards' reps were unsuccessful.

Richards Racial Rant -- Play Video

rob

Micheal Richards is what??? A... PROFESSIONAL... COMEEEEEDIAN>>> A heckler should be nothing new to him. So a professional singer can go and berate another because someone booed his/her song. Get real. I forget their names but those guys that do the blue collar comedy call themselves rednecks so we shouldn't be laughing at them as comedians?? I don't care if a white person uses ni**a, IN THE CONTEXT OF A JOKE, cause IT'S PART OF A JOKE. but when it's an intentional attempt at disrespect (added with a side order of "hanging") that's when it becomes personal. I have black friends as well as white friends whom i joke around with using ni**a and cr**ker (which really isn't derogarty if you know the root of its use) with no personal disrespect intended. But "Kramer" went of on a whole other level. Being heckled is no excuse

J

i think its wrong for anyone to act like that while performing for the public especially at a comedy club its not professional at all. but i also think this issue has been played out over and over again. Its never gonna go away. I think him being a racist is not the issue.. just the fact that he had the balls and the lack of a brain to say it out loud.

what truly in your heart?

Now thats what im thinking ...well said #3724 about that word..see people facts!

James

The comments that he said were out of line to a degree. Blacks use the N-word in everyday coversation, music, jokes, and all other forms of communication. If blacks want to jump and down and put his feet to the fire than they should be the lead and not say the N-word that they say brings back old memories, hurtful, and disgusting to them. My advice is for the black generation to set the example first and other people would respect their dislike. I for one do not use the N-word, i use a generic word for all races if they fit the bill, thrash (white, black, green, brown, and any other color that people come up with.

Nikki

Once again Orenthal!!!

You must be one lonely little man...Didn't I say I was having fun on the site. What's funny to me is you have no idea you're speaking to a woman who happens to be American Indian, Irish, and Dominican....see what's missing DICKHEAD!!!!!! I would hope and pray that in 2006 all these comments on this site are not really from the heart but all about entertainment. Now don't get me wrong some of the things I said I meant especially about you SUCKING A DICK!!!

Just like the real OJ dumb as a doorknob!!!

Tednatious P

I loved Kramer from the Sienfeld show. but Michael Richards is not Kramer. The writers for that show are the real Kramer. I could have been Kramer on that show with those writers and made you laugh. All the main actors on that show have stunk when given there own shows time and time again. Richards is a Racist. Fifty years ago he would have been in the KKK shoving forks up peoples asses.

Rocky

hey all u afros are good for is crime and insulting people that are rich u temp workers

jrob36109

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY ACCUSATIONS NIKKI THEN I SUGGEST HAVING A TALK WITH EVERY AFRO-AMERICAN WHO HAS RAN TO THE NAACP SPOUTING CIVIL RIGHT INFRINGEMENT WHEN ANY CAUCASIAN HAS SAID THE WORD N*GGER.

AND AS FAR AS THE DOCTORATE GOES...IT WAS ATTAINED AT OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY.

V

What seems obvious is that this man has some major mental health problems going on. The outburst was obviously rude and dispicable, but it seems apparent that he's losing it, if in fact he's not already completely lost it. I don't know about the mans stand on racism and frankly it's kinda unimportant to me, what's perhaps is more troubling is that people can take this as an opportunity to stand on their own bigoted platforms and make absurd statements that don't benefit anyone. I happen to be Black, I thought his outburst was terrible, but honestly I saw a troubled man that really seems to need to get help. Some people are saying that black rappers and comedians use racial slurs all the time in their performances and no one says anything, well, anyone who slams another person based on race, gender, sexual preference, religion or anything else is an idiot and a jackass. The sooner we as a nation stop giving power to this whole race hatred thing the sooner we can begin to heal and move forward and begin eliminating so many huge problems that face us... in case no one noticed, no ethnicity or anything else that makes someone different is going to cause them to cease to exist so hating people based on their being different is really pretty silly and truly very unproductive. For those people that want to stand on some absurd position of moral superiority because of what someone else said or did, it doesn't work, you just end up behaving no better than the person you so happily point your finger at.

Nikki

to whitey???

what the f--- are you trying to say...you know it's hard to understand trailor trash when a dick is in his mouth.

Orenthal Juicee

Nikki
Oh so quick to call names and tell us to suck dick....WE ARE IN YOUR HEAD!!!!!

You have a job....good for you, apparently it is not so challenging if you are here.

I would venture to say most people on here do too. Oh and I am not from a trailer park, but nice try, I have never heard that one before.....

Joseph Saj

What really gets me is if a white man uses the so called "N" word he is automatically labeled a so called racist. It is entirely different when a black person calls another black person the "N" word and then tells you, He's my man so me calling him my nigga is different? Please! I am not condoning what Micheal Richards said, nor I am I going to crucify the guy. Obviously when a black or any other comedian of diffferent race for that matter uses the word Cracker, no one makes a big deal of that! Get over it and move on!

franklin griffie

it's so sad, black already think when the white man drinks or mad that word comes out, they can't hide it long, i know people that would like to be fiends with the white man but will not because of that word being said, and for a person in tv to use it is unforgivable, i will not watch any thing he's in ever.

Dell

Nate, let's see how long you remember "words are only words..." before you're ready to confront someone for something they say to you. It's time to wake up. The truth is, it's not '50 years ago when Black people would be hung upside now with a fork stuck in their asses.'
No one is going to sit back and be insulted and mistreated because of ignorane or bigotry any longer.

Michael

Alice, the man is full of hatred..and unless u r an IDIOT, Chris Rock (who is black) is just joking around on stage..and Carlos Mencia (who is hispanic) is just joking around on stage...and there are many other whites, blacks, asians, & hispanics who say racial things on stage...Oh gee Alice..what is the big differecne? THEY ARE ALL KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT KRAMER WAS NOT KIDDING..HE SAID THIS IN A RAGE...I dont care if he was thinking or if it was the drugs...he isa very ignorant and disrespectful man.