Andy Dick

The New 'Kramer'?

12/5/2006 2:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

andy_dick_tmz-1Andy Dick hasn't learned anything from the Michael Richards incident.

According to sources, the hopped-up comedian hopped onstage Saturday at L.A.'s Improv comedy club and dropped the n-bomb on a room full of stunned clubgoers.

Andy was heckling comedian Ian Bagg during his routine, when Dick allegedly got out of his seat, jumped onstage and began joking with Bagg. The subject of Michael Richards came up, but the two comics quickly moved past it. As Dick exited the stage, he suddenly grabbed the mic and shouted at the crowd, "You're all a bunch of niggers!"

Prejudiced Celebs: Click to launch galleryThe stunned crowd gasped and stared at each other. Bagg tried to play it cool and move on with his set, but the laughs weren't there.

Calls to Dick's rep were not immediately returned.

UPDATE: TMZ has received a statement from The Improv acknowledging the incident: "The Improv is aware of Andy Dick's behavior on Saturday night. Our policy is that material deemed offensive by both famous and up and coming comedians is judged on a case by case basis. In this particular case, Mr. Dick was commenting on a current event. Was it intelligent? No. Was it funny? No. But was it racist? No. It was not directed at any audience member in particular and although it was in bad taste -- it was a comment on the Michael Richards fiasco."

Lenn K

I heard that Jason Alexander is going to us the N-word next week so get ready racist in both colors and you can call each other names for another two or three weeks. Losers! Maybe Adam Rich can do it next month it's a career starter!

Acton Gorton

It's a joke, he was making fun of Michael Richards ... he was telling the crowd to loosen up, but apparantly it didn't work. It's satire!

Sandy

I cannot believe how the F-word gets used ubiquitously with total impunity - none of you budge. You can use the lord's name in vain and laugh gregariously while wrapping yourselves in the First Amendment, but suddenly somebody say the word "n*gger" and OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS ENDING!!! Come on! So what it's hateful, so if the F-word. The F-word displays ignorance, a lack of civility and is extremely offensive, but the word n*gger is nothing.

Either you support the First Amendment or you don't. As liberals like to say... If you don't like what you see on TV, then don't watch it. If you don't like a book, then don't read it. Well suck it up now... if you don't like hearing that n-word, stay the F-word out of the F-word comedy clubs!!

Hannah Smith

Does anyone find it ironic that this argument is about racial slurrs and how it's wrong to discriminate and yada yada yada

and the entire time everyone is attacking everyone else. the ones who are against the "n word" are attacking people and calling them names, calling Andy Dick bi-sexual or a 'dick', people calling other people bitches and c**ts, i mean seriously. I think we all just need to get over it. I mean i'm gay and i get called names all the time. The fact of the matter is as long as you are okay with yourself then a word shouldn't mean anything. I know that's been said already, but seriously, we're all adults here, and just because one person has to be immature doesn't mean we all have to.

Wayne Penner

I agree that Andy Dick was probably trying to be funny, but people in America are so uptight and humorlessright now that they wouldn't understand even if Johnny Carson did it, especially White Americans who would rather be called anything than "racist".

But the biggest problem as I see it is that people are offended by a word. It reminds me of a Seinfeld episode (not trying to get a segue to Michael Richards here) where Seinfeld asks the perfectly valid questions, "What does it mean when the guy in the other car shows me his middle finger? What am I supposed to think about that? Am I supposed to get angry, offended, depressed? He showed me his finger, that's all."

Black people, and others, need to stop being offended by a word. Then, when they are no longer offended the word loses power. No White person cares about being called a "cracker" (as Richards was during his outburst - "cracker-ass" to be precise). You can call me a "cracker" all day long and I couldn't care less.

Blacks shouldn't waste their time being offended by words, and Whites shouldn't pretend that they actually care ...

Tommie

TO #90-BRIAN

YOU MUST STICK TO YOUR OWN WEBSITE AT WWW.KKK.COM. (YOU SHOULD KNOW IT BY HEART BY NOW.) MAYBE YOU COULD SEE BETTER IF YOU TAKE THAT HOOD OFF YOUR HEAD AND REALIZE THAT YOU TYPED IN THE WRONG WEB ADDRESS.

huh?

dumb thing to say but, where is all the outrage when some crackhead college professor calls for the death of all white people>>????

John

Wow, that new movie must really br "Must See"!

Kelly T: Bill Hicks Fan, TMZ junkie

It's Andy friggin Dick! Does anyone actually give two damns what he says, in public or privately? He's always chosen "button pushing" to compensate for lack of talent.

Jeremy Randolph

I agree it's a terrible thing to say but has anyone seen late night comedy on B.E.T. You will not get through an episode without someone using the term "cracker" "honkey" or "white trash". It's funny to me but I suppose some white folks could be offended. I'm just sayin.

david

This is not the 1970's, as in Best Comedy Recordings...
# Grammy Awards of 1977 * Richard Pryor for Bicentennial N*****
# Grammy Awards of 1975 * Richard Pryor for That N*****'s Crazy

John

He was poking fun at Kramer you stupid n***** lovers.

DJ COREYCRAIG

I am a southern born and raised African American Gay Black Male. I WAS NEVER taught this stupid double standard for use of the N-WORD. I am disgusted hearing it in rap songs as much as from anyone of any race any time. I WILL NOT PLAY A HIP HOP SONG IN MY DJ SETS IF IT HAS THE N WORD IN IT!

IT SCARES ME that people believe its suddenly an OK word to use since EVERYBODY is doing it. YOU LET A COMEDIAN USE JEWISH EPITHETS AND SEE HOW FAST HE IS .. um.. BLACKLISTED (peculiar word in itself.. interesting) BUSH IS DOING A GREAT JOB ON HIS OWN EMBARRASING THIS COUNTRY.. LETS STOP HELPING HIM!

Gbudfla

It was a joke people...get over it.

Richards is a racist bastard

that DICK thinks that he is funny! truth is he is not funny and he is a never has been. Go join the KKK asshole!