Nicole Richie

Popped for DUI

12/11/2006 1:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole RichieTMZ has learned that Nicole Richie was arrested for DUI early Monday morning. She was booked at 4:50 AM today and was released around 7:15 this morning. The booking sheet reveals Richie is 5'1" and 85 lbs.

We're told two motorists spotted her SUV going the wrong way on the 134 Freeway in Burbank. The drivers called 911.

When the CHP responded, Richie was stopped in the carpool lane and was alone in the vehicle. When cops approached the vehicle, Richie was on her cellphone.

Law enforcement officers tell TMZ Nicole Richie admitted she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot.

A preliminary alcohol screening device revealed that Nicole was not under the influence of alcohol.

One law enforcement source tell TMZ that while Richie was at the jail she was "very cooperative and very humble."

This is not the first brush Richie has had with substance abuse. In 2003, she pled guilty to heroin possession. The charges were dismissed after she completed the terms of her probation.

A rep for Richie had no comment.

TMZ has learned that Richie hired celebrity lawyer Howard Weitzman to rep her in this latest incident.

amberbrushetteisasleaze

driving the wrong way.if they do not lock this stupid bitch up for a year or two the state of california is a s stupid a sshe is

Mel

Do you guys who make these comments ever wonder how it makes others feel who openly do have eating disorders?
I agree that Nicole has made some terrible decisions, but why is it that
society makes constant cruel jokes about her weight?
Is that supposed to help her in some way?
It's just mean.
Eating Disorder recovery involves much more than flipping on a light
switch.

Can we not see this a a huge sign that she is hurting?
Why is that funny? I'm very curious.

tony thomas

I think she will get away with it all stars get away with all they do they can kill rape and they always get away with it.I think we need better cops that will take and lock them up for good and better judges not to let then get away with it at all oj simpson and the man with the bird got away with killing people and now they are free. but in my book .They did the crime they can suffer like we all do ballfeelbar@yahoo.com

Melissa Burnham

85 pounds.....I honestly thought she was less than that. Really though, who cares? All her and Paris Hilton do is spend daddy's money. They are lazy, spoiled and idiotic. Ok I'm done now.

me again!!!!

I'm very suprised her dad hasn't step in. Hopefully this will be a wake up call. We all know that all the name calling wont solve anything so why do it. What she needs is a little support to get her out of whatever she is in. Also, a person in this type of situation always thinks there isn't a problem. Just because she is rich doesn't mean she doesn't have problems like everyone else. Money dosen't solve your problems. Hopefully someone who really cares for this girl will step in a help her so she doesn't find herself in this type of situation or worse. Cause people we are making her famous. She is just being a normal person we are the ones buying all the mags and crap that just keeps encouraging the behavior. So Nicole i hope you find whatever it is that is going to make you happy and find yourself and screw all the haters!!!

M.Hill

To EVERY single person that has come on here and said something degrading, jump out of your nearest window. Please. I mean, c'mon, has NOBODY ever used ANYTHING to feel a buzz? NOBODY? I'll bet every last one of you people ragging her has used something in the last WEEK! I have. Anyway, If you dont know what she is famous for, then why are you here??? Ha, you look stupid now, dont ya? I DO agree, the wrong way on the Freeway should not be taken lightly, however, who was it, that in fact, ACTUALLY seen her driving the wrong way? Aparently, the cops didnt even see this, so whos to know? Oh, to all who know... look at her pupils in her mug, looks like more than vikes, huh?... Merry Christmas, yo!

Lynne

I cannot for the life of me understand WHY these girls.........Nicole,
Paris, and Lindsay even get media attention.
I would really like to know....WHO CARES what they do.....who they are
seen with and what horrid clothes they are wearing.

THERE are a million things more important on this earth than
these slutty girls trying to get in their 15 minutes of fame .
They will soon be forgotten.
As I said..........WHO REALLY CARES ? ? ? ?

SUN

I do believe Nicole has some issues, but do I feel sorry for her? NO!
Most drug addicts, or people with eating disorders try to hide their problems.

Nicole, flaunts her self in front of the camera and appears to enjoy all the drama. Maybe she is a silly young girl, but I think what she is doing to her father is selfish. She reminds me of a 14 year old girl who will not grow up.

I am sick of always seeing her and Paris and Lindsey repeating the same lame patterns. They are a bunch of spoiled, self-centered silly girls.

There really isnt anything else these girls can do to shock us, except maybe show one act of responsibility.

Nicole, you lost your former fiance, probably to your drug addiction. Dont ruin the relationship with your father too. You look like walking death with a suitcase for your purse and glasses the size of dinner plates. Someone needs to save you from yourself.

seattleK

Damn, look at those pupils!

JoeDon

In 1924 when I was 20 years old, thank goodness there wasn't all this nosey stuff to deal with. I guess since these young ladies are not caring what people think they get what they deserve.

whichever

I honestly can't believe how good she looks as a brunette. I'm so sick of that yellow scarecrow blonde hair. I also feel very fat because I am 5'2" and 105 and I seriously need a diet, if I should be losing 20 ilbs.

Ryan

Who gives a shit? I'm sure you all know people who have gotten DUIs, celebrities aren't inherently evil, they're just people. And who said it's Nicole Richie's job to be a role model? Everyone fucks up, so why do we have to dump our shit on people just because their fuck-ups are in public?

Ryan

And another thing... is anyone aware that anorexia and bulimia are DISEASES? I guess your grandma with Alzheimers or relatives dying of cancer are fair game for public mockery by your standards of make fun of the skinny celebs.

GERARD ACCARDO

PARIS HILTON AND NICOLE RICHEY, 2 F***ED UP RICH BITCHES WHO HAVE BECOME FAMOUS ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE CHILDREN OF FAMOUS PEOPLE AND NOT BECAUSE OF TALENT IN THEIR OWN RIGHT. PARIS NEEDS TO GET A REALITY CHECK AND STOP DRIVING HER GRANDFATHERS GOOD NAME INTO THE GUTTER, HE MUST BE TURNING IN HIS GRAVE IN DISGRACE, AND HER PARENTS TO ALLOW HER SLUTTY BEHAVIOR AND MAKINIG A MOCK OF THE HILTON NAME IS CRIMMINAL. AS FOR NICOLE SHE HAS NO TALENT, JUST A FOUL ASS MOUTH AND SARCASTIC PERSONALITY., I BELIEVE SHE IS ON A SELF DESTRUCTION MISSION TO RUIN HER LIFE. THESE 2 HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO BE SPOILED ALL THEIR LIVES AND NEED TO GET THE SMUT OUT OF THEIR IMAGES. I WOULD BE DISGRACED TO BE A HILTON AND HOW DARE SHE NOT THINK OF WHAT SHE IS DOING TO HER FAMILY NAME, WAKE UP PARIS, YOU HAVE NO WIT OR TALENT GIRL, PUT SOME OF THAT MONEY INTO EDUCATING YOUR MIND AND HAVE A BETTER WIT. FOR GOD SAKE DID YOU BUY YOUR HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA ? YOUR SO DUMB YOUR ONLY COMMENTS IN LIFE ARE HOT , AND OH YEAH THATS SEXY. SNAP OUT OF IT GIRL AND GET INTO THE REAL WORLD AND OUT OF THE FOG YOUR BRAIN IS IN. AND AS FOR NICOLE, STOP THINKING BITCHY IS CUTE BECAUSE ITS NOT, YOUR NOT SO BEAUTIFUL AND THAT MOUTH MAKES YOU APPEAR TO BE TRAILER PARK TRASH . NOT SO GREAT AN IMAGE BABE.

kay

It is no secret that Nicole has a drug problem. You can't comment if you haven't walked in her shoes. And for God sakes quit blaming her dad. I'm sure he knows and has tried to get her to go to rehab. This should tell everyone. . no one has enough money to not get addicted to drugs. She didn't ask to be rich. Obviously she is unhappy and hopefully she will get help before it is too late for her. I'm sure she is well aware she is too skinny and she knows what is causing it. Now it is just a matter only she can change, and it is not easy. That drug demon will be with her for the rest of her life, she just has to figure out how to ignore it. This is one thing she can't buy her way out of, she can't pay someone to do it for her (or I'm sure she would have by now) she has to do this herself.Nicole, stay out of the drivers seat!!!