ABC Security Cam

Captures Richie's Arrest

12/12/2006 1:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A camera trained on the 134 Freeway in Burbank recorded Nicole Richie's DUI arrest early Monday morning.

Nicole Richie
ABC Television has offices near the exit ramp which Richie used to enter the freeway going the wrong way. ABC security guards noticed the commotion on their monitors and trained their security camera in that direction.

The pictures show Richie talking to CHP officers. We're told she admitted that she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot.

Richie's attorney, Howard Weitzman, exclusively tells TMZ "This is a difficult time for Nicole but she is prepared to accept whatever responsibility is appropriate. She intends to continue with her career and will deal with any other issues that need to be addressed."

bella

#1 race is not the issue here - the last time I checked driving east bound on a west bound lane is extremely dangerous - intoxicated or not - #2 should she not be held liable for driving under the influence if she was fact intoxicated by pills and marijuana? #3 were the pills prescribed to her? And for the finale, another rich girl gone bad - somebody do something with her please

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

Shoegal,

Nicole does have black dna, if you google her it will tell you this, as well as white, and hispanic origins... SO YEAH, sorry to disappoint you SHE"S BLACK. I didn't make up the rule that says if you have one drop of black blood you are considered black.....

Though you have stated that this doesn't matter to you, it's obvious that it does matter to you because you have pointed out that she isn't black... You are pointing out Nicole Ritchie's biological father who has black dna as well, can you happen to inform of us of her mothers heritage?

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

Am I saying I have street cred. No, and I think I've already posted that Nicole was pulled over for driving on the wrong side of the freeway. She should not be partaking in drugs to get high.

I'm just pointing out that Nicole is black and this obviously bothers some of you. I didn't bring up the race aspect the first person to post did, and a few of us have gone from there.

I'm sorry you are upset that Nicole is not white, and that me pointing this out bothers you.

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

Tootz, you don't get it... SO I'll just leave you alone.

I've already responded to Nicole and her problems, two different issues... okay? If you'd like to refer to my post regarding why she was pulled over do so, if you want to debate the race posts do so... Seperate issue dear, seperate issues and comments (rolls eyes)...LOL

Lea

L.A. Dime, your messages gives the impression that you have killed someone while driving under the influence. You are raging out at others because you feel extremely guilty.

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

I'm actually very happy, just got engaged today... You could never rain on my parade, glad to know I can rain on yours, and same to ya Tootz...LOL

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

Pat... Never have I driven while intocated or on medication so strong it would knock out a horse. It's sad that you feel that because I have pointed out that Nicole isn't white this has become an impression that I'm okaying her being pulled over. Not once have I made that statement. I will repeat NOBODY SHOULD DRIVE WHILE BEING UNDER THE INFLUINCE OF DRUGS AND/OR ACOHOL... Not me, Nicole or anyone else... Get it, got it good....

Lea

L.A. Dime: I give your engagement or marriage one year perhaps two years. Because NOONE WANTS TO PUT UP WITH PMS AS YOU HAVE PROVED TO BE YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!! P/S Who is the guy???? Kevin Fedelrine??????????? Ditto LOL....ha...ha ...ha I'm sorry but I am peeing in my pants laughing directly at you and not Britney Spears this time.

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

Bella , you are correct race is not the issue here. The first person who posted about this said something about race and I commented about it, just like I commented about what happened with Nicole and her drug induced driving on the wrong side of the freeway incident.. I've stated that is/was the reason she was pulled over and that the girl needs help. These posted messages are regarding two different things/topics. What I don't understand is why some of you are stating that I condone Nicole's behavior just because I pointed out her race in regards to another posters statement... GEEESH, get it right?

Martin "Boogieman" Luna

Wow! Nicole didn’t have 1 true friend that could drive her home or taxi her home? It just goes to show you how most celebrity brats just care about their selves instead of looking out for their friends and family. But, if Nicole was in the spotlight or in a nightclub they wouldn't leave her side for a minute. They sure love to share the spoils! Maybe her so called friends went out to party and the poor girl was just trying to get home instead of going out. She needs to find new friends or chill out and look out for #1. Furthermore, I'm sure that she has enough money for overnight parking and taxi service. So shame on you Nicole. Have a great day everyday and stay in the mix.

duh...totally !

"...continue with her career ... "....

what career ???? didn't know she had one....besides being stalked by the paparazzi !

get some serious help Nicole ! in the HEAD !

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

Kellee... ? I'm laughing with you, @ myself... Not PMS'ing... Pregnant right now...

Lea

To Sorry L.A. Dime, You just make this blog so personal that I had to say sorry that for whatever you did that made it so wrong! To others in the world, "DO NOT DRIVE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ANYTHING!".

Izzy

Hey - about the 85 pounds when she got booked. Do they really make you get on a scale in the slammer? Or was that a guess by a cop? Just curious. One more reason to take a cab . . .

Lori

Hello!!!! Idiots!!!!!!!! She is adopted but her ethinicity is half black half white. If you are going to judge her and make comments especially about her race. Know the whole story and read the good stuff too. don't just feed on the shi* that happens. I would love to see any of you live in that world of no privacy and constantly being followed and judged and see if you asses dont end up on drugs yourself. Hell I can't blame the girl for having issues.