Jessica and John's "Public Affair"

1/2/2007 1:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After ringing in the new year together at Christina Aguilera's party at the Hudson in NYC on Sunday, Jessica Simpson and John Mayer continued partying at hot New York club Stereo.

With reports of the duo "making out" on New Year's Eve, a disheveled Simpson can be seen exiting the club with Mayer by her side.

While famous for micromanaging his daughter's career into the ground, where was Papa Joe (or Ken Paves!) with a hairbrush when she needed one?!

NICKI

Jessica is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dee

John Mayer is SOOOO FUG!!!!!!
What a step down from Nick.

Franko

I don't know BUTT I WANT SOME, So she had a bad hair night. She can put her hot little lips on me any day NO WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE !!!!!

Agent D

I like the guy's face behind her, in the very back. Looks like he is having fun!! Or maybe he is afraid of her, with that look on her face!!!

Try This

oh please!

she has 2 strands of hair out of place -- big freakin' whoop!

Try This

oh please!

she has 2 strands of hair out of place -- big freakin' whoop!

Try This

oh please!

she has 2 strands of hair out of place -- big freakin' whoop!

Whatever

Jessica never looks happy anymore. She may want to lay low out of the spotlight and pull herself together

Shana

Ugh!!! I keep telling myself it itsn't true, but pictures don't lie!!! This saddens me sooooo much!! He is way too good for her!! I thought he had more to him than just looks, because obviously that's all she has going for her!

>_

NICKI

JESSICA & JOHN MAKE A CUTE COUPLE. I JUST WANT JESSICA TO BE HAPPY WHOMEVER SHE IS WITH. LUV YA JESSICA!

susan darby

Jessica has been low key with this relationship? Wasn't it her people who leaked to the press back in the fall about her dating him that landed her on all the magazines, only to deny it later? I have always thought John Mayer was cute, but I thought he would like someone with some substance to her, not just a pretty face. he says he doesn't want publicity yet he dates Heidi Klum and Jennifer Love Hewitt. So maybe he is just as shallow as she is.
I agree with the comments that say that this relationship is going to hurt him career wise as people who have liked him and supported him will see him to be more into style than substance.

NICKI

Actually John looks very handsome in this picture, & Jessica looks hot......!

Denise

I cannot believe how hateful you all are. Let's not forget that they are first and foremost real people with real lives, albeit celebrity lives, but they are no different from you or I: imperfect, flawed, and carry some baggage. Let's get a grip and start the New Year with maybe some positive things to say. That goes for the haters of the ole Vaughniston, Brangelina, TomKat...etc.

NICKI

LOVE JOHN MAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S HOT & SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee

I hoped John Mayer would know better than to get involved with Jessica Simpson. But...oh well, John, you've got one less fan.