Madonna's Got Rosie's Back

1/11/2007 2:26 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comMadonna has chimed in on the Donald Trump/Rosie O'Donnell war of words, and has come to the defense of her longtime gal pal.

The Material Mom, who co-starred with O'Donnell in "A League of Their Own," told "Today's" Meredith Vieira, "People are giving Rosie a hard time. I wish they'd stop. I don't think it's fair." Madge revealed she was on vacation when news of the public feud broke, and quickly emailed Rosie to get the real scoop. "I have to hear it from the horse's mouth." Those are her words, not ours!

Madonna believes that since O'Donnell is a standup comic, saying controversial things in monologues is par for the course. "I have a feeling that if every stand-up comic was penalized for saying politically incorrect or provocative things, I think they'd all be hung in the public square." Can you say Michael Richards?

Her Madgesty went on "Today" to plug her new animated film, "Arthur and the Invisibles," which opens Friday.

Gwen

RE: TV RATINGS

"The View" at it's highest this year had 3.8 millions viewers.

"The Apprentice" opened with 9.1 million viewers — a drop over all from the premiere of the last season, BUT AN INCREASE AMONG VIEWERS 18-49.

When Rosie O'Donnell said gleefully that the show "tanked" she wasn't painting a totally accurate picture. To have an increase of viewership among 18-49 year olds is a major point in the strongest demographic to watch television shows.

So much is said about ratings these days. I'm old enough to remember the 4-5 stations we had a choice to watch as a child. Today we have hundreds of choices each and every night. For ANY show to garner 9.1 million viewers in my estimation is a total success.

3jean15

WHAT FLATTERY....The most vulgar-mouthed, slutty, looks like a walking advertisment for STDs......Madonna, TOOK ROSIE's SIDE!!!!! LMAO!
I would rather have both of them as my enemies than to have to fraternize with either! Rosie is a standup comic???? That is good to know! I don't find any of her many attacks on others as funny! She is a bitter, loser. Her actions
and always defensive attitude proves she is not a happy person. I can't for the life of me understand how Barbara wants to be associated with such a controversial and disliked person as Rosie! She just has to be the loudest voice and the controller in any conversation....her ego must be a burden to carry around. AND "poor little Meredith" (please!) she will spend her life kissing up to personalities that have any force or power. She is a poor choice to replace Katie! WOW! I AM SICK SICK SICK OF THE ROSE AND BABWA!!!

We, are not amused.

Didn't Rosie turn out Madonna? No, wait it was Madonna who turned Rosie out...no Baba turned 'em both out...F***ing dykes!

Modelspiceboi

Why is everyone hating on Madonna's "British" accent? Most people from England I've heard on the subject have said her accent isn't British at all. Besides, she lives mostly in England, has an English husband, and an English staff. Of course her accent would change. It sounds similar to Tina Turner's accent after she moved to London.

Kudos for Madonna for sticking up for her friend!

sam the man

Rosie .should just learn to shut the big hole in her face!!!!! Donald is right she is a big fat loser!!!!!

BETTY THEOPHILOS

IS THIS SHOW STILL "THE VIEW" OR IS IT " THE ROSIE O'DONNELL SHOW? I JUST WISH WE COULD GO BACK TO THE WAY THE SHOW WAS BEFORE ROSIE CAME ON WITH ALL HER INSULTS. IT USE TO BE A CLASSY SHOW!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE BARBARA WALTERS, WHOM I LOVE, WOULD ALLOW HER SHOW TO STOOP TO THIS LEVEL. BARBARA, PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO BRING THE SHOW BACK TO ITS FORMER LEVEL . RESPECTFULLY, BETTY T..

duh...totally !

what accent are you all talking about ???

I have been a fan for 20 yrs...she sounds the same ! She talks articulate.... not ghetto or Paris-baby talk..... like most ! She does not sound British at all....get over yourselves!

Sam

GO MADONNA! you rock girl,
Donald Trump can f*** off and die, he's an arrogant pike of dog sh*t who treats people like sh*t and is a lying, cheating scumbag (I refer to the way he dumped Ivana after everything she did for him.) and takes every little criticism way too seriously especially when it comes from a woman.
I bet he's going to start flinging sh*t at Emmy (Madonna's old nick name.) now just coz she' sticking up for Rosie. Well if he does it won't get him far Madonna doesn't take crap from anyone.Iv'e followed her carrer from the start and was one of the original wannabes back in the 80's and I cabn tell you nothing gets this girl down she'll kick his fat, ugly, chovinistic ass till the cows come home.
Raise f***ing hell on his ass Madonna! and give the bastard a new hair cut while you're at it.

Open Your Eyes!

Madonna is correct regarding a stand-up commedienne's comments. Personally, I happen to agree with Rosie's comment. Donald, with his track record, should not be the one to decide whether the beauty queen should be dethroned. Furthermore, if everyone began a fued fueled by a comics comments... well, you get the picture. If you want the bottom line, the one with the come-over is desperate for ratings for The Apprentice and is not above behaving like a spoiled child to get them. Wake up America!

phyllis hughes

rosie was wrong the donald was giving the girl a second chance. every one needs help sometime.

Annie

Rosie is and always has been a loud mouthed loser. No if, ands or buts about that. She uses her lesbian sexuality to turn every comment that anyone makes to claim they are homophobics. Barbara Walters used to have class, teaming up with Rosie has diminished that persona. Rosie dominates the show. I stopped watching after she came on board. As for Madonna, where did the English accent come from?? Who knows, she is a scumbag dressed in pink polka dots as opposed to her brass bras of her past. As for Rosie being her friend, that I do not doubt, Madonna used to swing both ways. I think the nonsense between Rosie and Trump needs to stop. Ir's sophmoric behaviour.Trumps' money buys him power and women, but not class.

phyllis hughes

amen

phyllis hughes

rosie was wrong donald was helping that girl every one needs help sometime

Annie

number 46..do you kiss your family with that filthy mouth

blah blah blah

d-man
you are the most deranged individual I have ever come across to in my life time
the truth must of hit you hard just like the TRUMP DUMP. you guy's can't handle the truth and you have NO CLASS what so ever of being what a real man is!
I guess that is why we can pick you out in the crowd because your lack of respect

and you wonder why women have to resort to the coat of armor for being a bitch in the 1st place because of degenerates and low class scum bags like you D-MAn

you do have what it takes of being a male preteen who just don't have what it takes to know a real women if it were to bitch slap you in the face (like you need so desperately)
just carry on with the stroking of your wee ITTLE LITTLE WORM with your right hand and you won't to worry about getting respect from us women where respect is no due from jerk off like you for that is all your worth anyway

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments