Jay-Z Accused of

'Faux Fur' Fraud

1/16/2007 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0116_jayz_fur-2He had 99 problems, now Jay-Z has one more.

A jacket from Jigga's clothing line, Rocawear, allegedly has dog fur in its collar, even though it's advertised as having fake fur. According to an investigation by The Humane Society of the United States, the Hunter jacket on Rocawear.com contains real fur from a raccoon dog, a dog indigenous to Asia that The Humane Society claims are skinned alive for the coats, hence the uproar.

As of today, the $265 coat was still a "featured" item on the Rocawear website. Late last year, a similar investigation found that raccoon dog fur was being used in a coat in rap mogul P. Diddy's "Sean John" collection; that item was removed from stores within a few days.

Reps for Jay-Z and Rocawear could not immediately be reached for comment. The Humane Society said that it informed the company of the issue a week ago, but that they've taken no action.

UPDATE:
In a statement to TMZ, a spokesperson from Rocawear says, "We were not aware that our product included raccoon dog materials. We have immediately instructed all manufacturers and licensees that no product can be produced using this fur. In addition, we have removed those items from our website."

We, are not amused.

MEGABITE #23:
Two words for you my friend,
BLOW ME!

Tina

Dude...that pic. of the animal saying Mommy is really in poor taste as well,
SKINNED ALIVE - hellooooooooooo it's not funny - anyway, thats what you
might get when you deal with China, who doesnt know this by now?

GossipDivas

I will never buy anything from his line now no matter what it is.

Leatherpants

Fur sucks because:
1.) it's been out of style since the 80's
2.) it's hard to clean
2.) I can't afford it

chena

WHO GIVES A RACOON'S ASS !!

WE'RE AT WAR IN IRAQ
THOUSANDS OF AMERICANS HAVE GIVEN THEIR LIVES
SO THAT YOU AND I CAN LIVE IN PEACE
AND YOU THINK WE GIVE A RACOON'S ASS, LITERALLY
ABOUT DOG FUR
HONESTLY, THIS ISSUE IS AT THE BOTTOM OF OUR PRIORITY LIST !!!

;)

that's bullsh*t! Has he ever seen footage of how they kill those dogs! If he hasn't it's the sickest and most inhumane thing you will ever see. If he has f*** him and what he stands for!

He should know where his fur comes from! Because fake it is not! Take f***ing responsiblity for your lack of action!

#17 I have more sympathy towards a being that cannot defend itself.

I HAVE VERY LITTLE SYMPATHY FOR A PERSON THAT VOLUNTEERS TO FIGHT AND DIE.

SOLIDERS HAVE A CHOICE WHETHER THEY SIGN UP AND LINE UP TO BE KILLED, THESE ANIMALS DON'T

AND I DO CARE!

sorry for my annoyance on here today, the city of Portland, Oregon was officially closed due to an unexpected winter storm. Cable News is not accurate otherwise I would have hit up blockbuster if I'd known I'd be stuck at home all day. . .

sakura

Get a grip PETA lovers. I'm against fur and cruelity to animals, but I don't bitch because someone wears fur. It's their right, this is America people. If you don't like it, get out and protest and get laws changed. Hopefully once people see how fur is actually produced to make those coats, people will stop buying them.

But there is inhumane treatment of animals everywhere!

Canada clubs f*ing seals for their living. And the only difference between clubbing to death a baby seal and an adult seal is TWO WEEKS. After a seal is born and it loses it's baby coat, they are considered adults and fair game!

What about killing whales for the meat. Or skinning tigers and lions so some ass can have a a rug. Or using a tigers penis (China does this) so some old guy can keep his erection.

Stop complaining and ACTUALLY do something! If more people protest the fur industry and clothing lines that show them, maybe they'll be shamed enough to stop.

Fur wears: Beyounce, Jennifer Lopez, P. Diddy, Star Jones, Donald Trumps latest hooker (wife) and many more...

homegirl101

30. MEGABITE #23:
Two words for you my friend,
BLOW ME!

Posted at 5:42PM on Jan 16th 2007 by ...and the horse you rode in on!

++++++++++
Yeah what he said............then add the other heartless, ignorant pond scum #17 and #8 ..to that post..you disgust me....WTF

sakura

CAN'T HELP BUT AGREE. DON'T LIKE FUR, DON'T B*TCH, PROTEST!
SO GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOXES, STOP EATING MEAT ALL TOGETHER, BECOME A VEGAN.

I'LL GO BUY SOME PAINT TO THROW ON PEOPLE IN FURS AND JOIN PETA.

P.S. P.E.T.A (People Eating Tasty Animals)

sakura

I love fur, so everyone kiss my rump. I'll never stop wearing it.
I love the feel. And I'll never stop eating MEAT. And right now, I'm eating a fat
burger from a murdered cow, so all you hypocrits shove it.

You don't give a rats ass that millions of people are slaughtered and starving all around the world, but a cute furry animal gets you all up in arms. That the burgers and chicken you buy from McDonald's, Burger King, etc. didn't decide to commit suicide to become your meals, but are murdered in slaughterhouses EVERYDAY. That quick quarterpounder for lunch was actually a living breathing cow. Its milk is your cheese and milk for your cereal.

And that "tasty" chicken sandwich was either strangled or decapitated for your freaking Popeyes meal. What about bacon? I can go on and on.

So I'd think of that before opening my two-faced mouth,

bethany

What a joke this piece of crap is

Hey everyone, if you see him on the street,laugh and point

You can't take the poor, stupid man out of JayZ.

Dog fur!! What an idiot!! Imagine what he smells like when it gets wet!!

bethany

I saw that J C Penney got caught putting some of these dog fur coats back out after they had salespeople take markersand mark out the fur content on the labels

Are they morons or what?

But I guess only stupid poor people shop at that dump ayway.

Who else would wear this ugly garbage?

whateveryousay

That film is really disgusting, I don't know who's more of a whore, China for selling that fur or Jay Z for selling it.

San

I just left a message on rocawear's customer service answering machine. If you got rocawear (I refuse to capitalize that word after what I've read) you can return it to Macy's or Bloomingdales.

My kid won't be wearing it. I won't be wearing it. I W I L L be telling everyone I know not to buy their crap, ever.

Wow........

Go to www.rocawear.com to get the phone number, or click on 'Lifestyle" to get their customer service department. Unfreakingbelievable....

chena

I can believe what I'm reading. #46 you have kids and have the audacity to give a sh*t about JayZ or Rocawear. You're a loser. Tell all of your friends that.
Better yet they probably already know. Get your priorities together you loser soccer mom !

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments