Major Development in Garrison Case

1/31/2007 4:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lane GarrisonThere is an important development in the Lane Garrison case. The Beverly Hills police will conduct a news conference at 4:00 PM today. TMZ has now learned the police have sent the Garrison case to the Los Angeles County District Attorney for possible criminal prosecution. The D.A. must now decide whether to prosecute the "Prison Break" star for felony vehicular manslaughter.

Garrison's blood alcohol level has now been determined. Sources tell TMZ the actor's blood alcohol level was "high."

Garrison was behind the wheel when his Land Rover crashed into a tree in Beverly Hills on December 2, killing 17-year-old Vahagn Setian.

As TMZ first reported,
Garrison met Setian and two 15-year-old girls hours before the crash. The teens invited the actor to a party. People who attended the party tell TMZ they saw Garrison drink between four and seven shots of Grey Goose vodka in a short period of time.

Garrison's high-powered celebrity defense lawyer, Harland Braun, tells TMZ his client was heading back to his apartment when the crash occurred.

Only in

There going to keep that Jury warm for Brandy when its her time.

Angie

Good. Shame on a 27 year old man drinking and partying with underage kids and then driving drunk.

Cocoa

Yeah, now they want garrison. He actually killed a kid (not that he meant to) but they filed charges against BRANDY within a few days of her accident when she didn't even kill the driver. She hit a car, that hit the victim's car, which pushed it to the street where it was hit by someone else.

Connie

The kids knew he was drunk and willingly got in...they weren't forced and old enough to know better. They're ALL to blame. I think it's tragic and I feel for the families, but why is this FACT overlooked?!?!?

coco puff

My sister Brandy ain't doing no time, you RACIST cracker. She had a ACCIDENT. This white motherf***er was drunk and driving around with juveniles. You crackers really make me laugh!! Go ahead, try to defend this sick-ass, white, pedophile!! He looks like most of the pathetic, cracker, losers I see on the street everyday, no different!!!

Black Sheep

You people are so filled with hate! How do you get through a day. And Farrah, gurlfriend, you need to find yourself a hobby or do some volunteer work for all yo brothas and sistas.

karencarpenter

This Lane actor certainly has excellent taste in both liquors and vehicles. Top notch!

Milly

While this is a very sad ending. I am still trying to figure out why there were no adults supervising this underage drinking at the home. Garrison should have had more sense, but I guess being famous and rich makes you "not think before you jump".

Connie

You have to be kidding me, really. Did the "victims" expect a safe trip after all the drinking they had been doing? They knew full well he was impaired and used just as poor judgement. I don't like the guy, but the way I see it, they're all at fault.

(BTW, Brandy had an "accident", b/c she didn't mean to kill someone? Neither did this guy. They were both careless and used poor judgement. The difference is, Brandy's victim didn't have any choice. I think that's WORSE!)

Tired and Ready for A Nap

There is so much more to this story than has come out. Harland Braun is a SERIOUS gun. I wonder whose going to be paying Lane's legal bills?

i don't like this spoiled bitch

YEAH!!!!!! GO AFTER GARRISON LIKE THEY DID BRANDY. BRANDY HAD AN ACCIDENT THIS A**HOLE WAS TOTALLY DRUNK. HE KILLED A CHILD. GET THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh

Where are the Black civil rights leaders to help defend Lane Garrison?!? I totally think he should be convicted. Hey, but the good new is that since he was on Prison Break he'll have some inside information on how to escape.

Only in

Yea, I know, NO JUSTICE NO PEACE

PerezSux

Buh-bye, Brandy! Later, Lane!
Drink and drive and KILL.....GO TO JAIL!

stoopit

There only making an example of him because he's white! Damn Haters!!!!

ha ha haaaa just kidding kids.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments