Shop Like a "Top Model" ... at Goodwill?

3/1/2007 5:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

America's Next Top ModelNow TV fans and homeless people everywhere can dress like "America's Next Top Model."

One would think that emulating "America's Next Top Model" would require clothes from chic designers like Gucci, Prada and Versace, but clothes seen on the show's most recent season premiere will be available for purchase at the House of Goodwill.

From March 1 - 5, fashionistas on a budget can purchase outfits and accessories from the series on Goodwill's Internet auction site, with proceeds going toward job training programs. There are twelve items up for a bid, all starting at under $50. Who knew looking like a cheap ho could do so much good?!

cagetree

If this about the store Goodwill, i would not shop at their stores. The ones in my state i see how rude they are to customers and those that donate.I will support and shop Salvation Army as they really do help the needy

cagetree

jm

I love that show!

Argyle

It looks like this season will be very interesting!!

jm

HELP!
How come everytime I try to post something, I have to go to my e-mail to confirm it. I realize TMZ gives you a password to circumvent this process, but I do not know where I am supposed to use it. Where do I type in my password to avoid having to cofirm my postings in my e-mail account?
Thanx

mary

What's wrong with shopping at the Goodwill? You can find nice stuff there. They even have new stuff that the stores want to get rid of for tax write offs. I have found some pretty fancy designer clothes at that store.

rminva

Nice to see them doing something for a good cause.

Great Dane

UM, IT'S LIKE BUYING VINTAGE CLOTHES- WHICH I THINK IS GROSS....BUT, ONE MAN'S TRASH, IS ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE....ISN'T THAT WHAT THEY SAY?

Love Ya

The need to get rid of Renee - from Hawaii - she is so negative.

Whatever

Well good. I hope the proceeds go to people who need a helping hand!

c

It's true! If you go to thrift stores in affluent / fashionable areas, you can pick up clothes by designers that *some of us* may not be able to afford otherwise.

ladyli1

you writers are jerks!!! a lot of people shop a charity thrift shops and find nice things. what you wrote was wrong and nasty. you're sounding like perez hilton!!!!

Nancy

I have found excellent things at thrift shops and rummage sales. I have purchased quality used clothing and household goods really cheap. Don't always strike gold, but but it is fun to look and as long as I don't tell, no one knows where it came from.

Whatever

I hope all the money does go to people in need. Good will has been known to skim a little of the top just like the united way.

secret shopper

Hey Carrie! I bet you have never really been into a real thrift shop any way to know what it is that your even looking for. All of them take a little from the top to keep their organization running. (DUH!!!) The bigger organizations like Sal-Val, United Way, The American Red Cross will be taking a little more because...HHHMMM they are WAY BIGGER!!! The way I look at it team is that all the stores are great for everybody. They bring the needy in off the street out of the cold and help them get what they need at a very low almost free price. They also bring those of us in that may be on a budget an find really great deals. As a person that supports all my local thrift shops and the larger thrift shops as well, I try to take in something everytime I go in to buy. That way I am not only purchasing and giving them the money that they can use, I am also giving them something that someone else can use. AND cleaning out my closet!!! In the end we all win.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments