Weiland Wife:

'I Was Unstable and Just Lost It'

3/28/2007 12:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The WeilandsMary Weiland, temperamental wife of rock star Scott Weiland, claims her bipolar disorder is mostly to blame for the couple's bloody fight at the Graciela Hotel in Burbank last weekend.

In a statement to TMZ, Weiland says, "The weekend's difficulties were brought on by a reaction to an imbalance in medications used to treat my bipolar disorder... Scott was simply trying to help calm me down. I want to make it very clear that he did not hurt me in any way. For lack of a better expression, I was unstable and just lost it." Well, that clears things up!

Mary goes on to say that the Graciela has been paid for damage to the room. She also states that their children did not witness "any of these events." Mary adds that she has "a loving husband, drug-free for 3-1/2 years now, who is able to care for me during this challenging time."

whocares

well, she is at least honest unlike most people so kudos to her.

Me

#10: Melissa, if you're bipolar, then you should know (or at least recognize) that when you're on meds, and you may be a rapid cycler, it is much more difficult to adjust the medication properly. We don't know when she was diagnosed. She may just now be on the meds, and they're still trying to get the levels right. Or they may have switched her to new meds, and she's still adjusting. In any case, if you're meds aren't stablized, and you're bipolar, you can still do crazy things.

One would hope that, as someone with this problem, you might learn a little more understanding than what you showed with your post filled with vulgarities and nonsense.

Trumper

Uh yeah, right. I'm diagnosed as bi-polar and take meds but pleeze people, that's just an exc use to use more drugs and act crazy, and if anyone truly believes Scott Weiland is really sober they should start using drugs so as to see the world as it really is--full of liars and rock stars that need to appear not on drugs to keep the engine of hypocricy chugging away and insuring their needle pointed asses.

CDR

Well said, #14 ... mental illness / emotional instability can manifest itself in many ways. Recognizing the problem, and then going through the long process of getting the medication right, can be tough.

Ida

Well, I am happy this couple is doing better, although I don't have a clue who they are, lol!

Sara

Scott Wieland sober for 31/2 years? I don't think so!! I hate to add fuel to the fire and really I would have the least bit of interest in this incident but I have to speak up to this. My husband I were in Reno two years ago and had just come off an elevator at the HIlton. When we saw a gentleman being carried/ supported by two other men. It was Scott Weiland!!! I know what your thinking but it was obvious that alcohol was not the only thing in his system. He lookes like his face was sunken in and just like a typical user would look... if you know the signs. Something someones wife should/would be able to recognize.

lor

I have bipolar as well. It is true that various things can affect the blood level content of the meds in your system and trigger a manic episode. This is most commonly manifested in RAGE, not euphoria as most would believe. There is no cure for Bipolar Disorder. It is an illness maintained like diabetes. Just like a diabetic on meds can suffer diabetic shock, the same holds true for a person who suffers from BD.

IT IS NOT AN EXCUSE! It is a physical mental disorder of the neural pathways in the brain. Do to societal ignorance, many people suffer with this disorder and go undiagnosed.

He's Boring now

Two seperate major incidents..one at home one at a hotel. When was Scott going to call EMS to intervene if this was such a major reaction to medication being taken. Hasnt be been briefed on the potential reactions to medications for his wifes "condition"?. Something doesnt sound right about all of this. Either shes a raging angry unchecked lunatic, or if her story is true, arent they both in contact with the Doctor on the potential trouble signs of a bi polar meltdown caused by medication, and if so why didnt the husband get professional medical help involved? And if not, well than they're both living a lie and continuing it with the after episode explanation.

Maybe she needs to go away for awhile. She sounds like a danger to the public. An episode in Tulca Lake neighborhood which is filled with children, and at a Hotel where the innocent public can be exposed to this.

If hes still on heroin or lying about using, their children or in danger from both the Mom and Dad. Neither of these conditions are something to take lightly or to think should be part of the "hollywood lifestyle" to grow up in or around for children.

Next time call the paramedics and maybe the police too. She's more than a non professional can know what to do, including a husband.

AnonXX

That was a good statement. Everyone does lose it. Britney and her people could take a page out of Mary Weiland's book.

CDR

Somebody bailed! That should read "Well said, #13" ...

#14, not so much.

kim

finally an honest response to something -thank you!

Fit

Blah Blah Blah....... Get a Grip! Take Your meds !

chin chin

With all due respect to her & her disorder, it seems just a little convenient of an excuse. I mean please, ...completely trashing a hotel room/ attacking your husband til he bleeds on the carpet/ continuing the rampage at their home by burning his clothes in their front yard....This sounds just a "tad" worse than bi-polar! She claims that he was a great support throughout the rampage & did nothing to provoke her? Give me a break......

Michael

Anyone who doesn't know who Scott Weiland is, is too young to be on this site without their parents permission

Lora

Scott and Mary are both bipolar and on medication for it, and they have spoken about it honestly. Those of you bashers have no idea what it is like to have or to live with that disease. I have cycled before and thrown a phone through a glass window when I couldn't access my voicemail. I knew then that my meds were not working, and I immediately got help. Make fun if you want, but there are many bps who refuse to get help and admit their disease. I'm proud of this couple and that they got their kids out of the way as soon as there was a bad scene coming up.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments