Alec Responds:

'I've Been Driven to the Edge'

4/20/2007 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alec BaldwinAlec Baldwin swung back at wife Kim Basinger, slamming "certain people" who he says, "will go to any lengths to embarass [sic] me and to disrupt my relationship with my daughter."

In a statement on his website alecbaldwin.com, Baldwin apologizes for "losing my temper" but is "equally sorry that a court order was violated," and maintains that despite his now-public tirade he has friends and "respect from people I work with," and what he claims to be "a normal relationship" with daughter Ireland. Here's the statement in full:

Thank you to everyone who has posted messages of suppport and understanding. Naturally, it is not best for a parent to lose their temper with their child. Everyone who knows me privately knows that I have endured a great deal over the last several years in my custody litigation. Everyone who knows me privately knows that certain people will go to any lengths to embarass me and to disrupt my relationship with my daughter.

In such public cases, your opponents attempt to take a picture of you on your worst day and insist that this is who you are as a person. Outside the doors of divorce court, I have friends, I have respect from people I work with and I have a normal relationship with my daughter. All of that is threatened whenever one enters a court room.

Although I have been told by numerous people not to worry too much, as all parents lose their patience with their kids, I am most saddened that this was released to the media because of what it does to a child. I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child. I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now. You have to go through this to understand. (Although I hope you never do.) I am sorry for what happened. But I am equally sorry that a court order was violated, which had deliberately been put under seal in this case.

Once my book is published, I'm sure more people will understand the incredible strains created by parental alienation.

In the meantime, I'm sorry to anyone who's taken offense from this episode.

Stan

HE'S RIGHT.

"I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now. You have to go through this to understand."

I have experienced the same sort of alienation attempts, false abuse allegations, and even been attacked by my ex. And worse.

I can't tell you how many times i have opened up a bit to those who have not experienced similar...more or less they don't get it. At the same time those that have experienced the same types of situations can finish each other's sentences.

It is too often very hard for Dad's to get a fair shake in Family Court. Baldwin is right, and an out of context illegally released phone message is understandable.

To "fix" messages like that you don't shoot the messenger, you look to the root cause. If he is able to follow his tiny visitation and contact schedule...such messages would not occur. This means that MOM needs to stop blocking, discouraging contact and to start encouraging and allowing contact.

Stan

Stan

Oh Puhsleazzz!

12. YOU ARE A MORON AND A FOOL IF YOU THINK THIS MAN IS A BAD DAD .. i AM A MOM AND I KNOW FATHERS SUFFER OFTEN FROM MOTHER'S BAD INTENT CAUSING CHILDREN TO TURN AGAINST THEIR DADS.... THIS IS ONE INSTANCE OF EXACTLY THAT .. ALEC BALDWIN IS A DEVOTED LOVING FATHER. AND IF IT WERE YOU OR ME, WE WOULD BE MORE ANGRY AT THE ACTS OF ANYONE LIKE KIM BASSENGER WHO HAS DONE EVERY MEAN THING SHE CAN TO CAUSE TROUBLE WITH THIS KID. SHE IS A ROARING B!TCH AND THIS CHILD IS HER TOOL. And, I am not a fan of Alec Baldwin because he is far left and I am right on Reptublican but politics is not the issue... this Alec Baldwin is a hurt and damaged dad who loves his child unconditionally and reacted no less than I .. or anyone else who is a good father .. ALEC IS A GREAT DAD AND KIM IS A MENTALLY UNSTABLE EVIL MOTHER WHO USES HER CHILD AS A PLOY AND DENIES HIM THE FEW RIGHTS HE'S BEEN ABLE TO KEEP. Stop pretending you'd be good .. you'd be worse than he ..and I would too .. count on it !!!

Posted at 5:20PM on Apr 20th 2007 by VAL

You've already been called out Alec, get off the blog and start scripting an apology to Ireland. You rude, thoughtless little oinker you!

jr

Waaa! He was busted on that tape, that is who he is. Not just a one time "lost it" .. Shame on you people that believe him and feel sorry for him. Get a clue! His abusive personality has has been brought up before.

just me

how pathetic that he is "sorry for what happened, but equally sorry that a court order was violated". sorry he was an ass, and just as sorry that the world, once again, sees how big of an ass he really is. what a wonderful father.

Lisa

parental alienation: bull crap. I'm reading this phrase a lot. It usually means one of the parents is abusive and the other is trying to protect the child from being abused. Nice try.

Shvantze

Hm!
Is thia Alec(smart) Baldwin who left this country 6 years ago becouse Bush was elected President?
Well now he does not have any thing to do (politycaly speaking),and screams and badmouth his litle girl.
Shame on you Smart Alec.

Debbie/grandmother

Alec...I believe you are a good man who loves his child. But your verbal abuse to her is inexcusable. No one talks to a child the way you talked to her. And I must wonder if this is a one time only incident...I doubt it. Calling Ireland a pig and alluding that she was stupid is no different than punching her in the stomach with your fist. I have always enjoyed your work from the beginning. I don't know the history of your relationship with your ex but this child should not pay the price for for the problems that exist between two adults. Both of you get your act together whatever it takes for the sake of Ireland. You two adults are not what's important here. Ireland is. All the best...Debbie (CASA) in Colorado

Big League Girlfriend

like you all are so close to this situation and know it intimately. he was VERY wrong and should be punished. imagine the hurt that his tirade caused ireland. he should have thought about that before unleashing his anger at her. i don't know who's fault it is that he is like this (though i would suspect his own) but it was sure as hell not ireland's. if he's mad at kim or anyone else he should grow a pair and confront them not go off on his impressionable daughter.

j9

This is a person who has repeatedly had public outbursts of rage and outrageous behavior, with his family, co-workers and strangers!

Insttead of blaming everyone else (pulling a Britney?) why doesn't he
take an anger management class before he ends up in hand-cuffs.

The Baldwins are completely whacked-out

Jean

It is sad today that children are used to hurt their parents. Whatever happened to count to 10 before speaking when you get upset?
We all get upset with family and must remember to treat family members as well as we treat our friends. No one is perfect and anger begets more anger.
Where is the love? There can be no fear where love is.
Everyone say they are sorry and stop the madness.
Be a hero to our children and show them the way.
We all have a choice in our actions and words.
a parent, Mom, grandmother, and once a child of an angry parent.
Jean

Jole

OKAY GEES.........

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO JUDGEMENTAL.... THIS MATTER IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS... ITS NOT MINE EITHER, BUT I'M SO SICK OF YOU "PERFECT" PEOPLE WHO SEEM TO NEVER MAKE A MISTAKE, COMING ON HERE AND JUDGING ALEC. YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF THE SITUATION THATS GOING ON.

I BET YOU PEOPLE HAVE LOST YOUR TEMPER A TIME OR TWO? OH WAIT, I FORGOT, YOUR ALL PERFECT...! (note the sarcasm)

^@^

Sorry Alex there is NO excuse for YOUR verbal abuse of your daughter as she is a pawn in the middle of your wifes & your fighting. She as a child acts like one and when she is being manipulated by either side is going to act accordingly right or wrong. Its so sad that your child has to be the middle of this and for the sake of your daughter start acting like loving parents instead of two hate filled people wanting your own way and putting your daughter in the middle having her pick sides. For the sake of your daughter you both either have to learn to put the past behind or you will see what you BOTH by your actions have done to your daughter as children live what they learn and SEE as she will be the brunt of your fighting of it and LIVE IT OUT later in her life. Stop now for her sake.

pookie

I CAN'T HELP BUT NOTICE THAT HE TOOK THE TIME TO MENTION HIS BOOK...

ISN'T HE IN ENOUGH HOT WATER??

SupportAlec

Poor Ireland- she is stuck between two bitter parents. I think Alec's rage was towards Kim not to Ireland. It is a mother's OBLIGATION to make sure that her daughter speaks to the father on the SCHEDUELED TIME AND DATE. I think Kim is a bitter woman who is not aware how much damage she is doing to her own blood. I think Alec is a good dad, for God's sake, I wonder how many calls he had to make and not find her daughter picking up the phone, to get this desperate. Poor guy, really

Stan

TO: Juliet Bosch FROM; Stan

Ms Bosch...had the Dad's phone calls been allowed to occur routinely, there would not have been an inappropriate message like that.

Think of what the child is being told about the Dad by the Mom. How the child knows when phone time is yet Mom takes her somewhere...or does not ensure that she is available, etc.

Things like that eliminate Dads. Most divorced Dads don't abandon children, they love them but are blocked.

I am in CT and in this state at least...not once have endless visitation obstruction, phone issues, false allegations, etc ever lead to any issue for my son's Mom. She is allowed to do as she pleases with zero accountability. That leads to missing Dad's and high stress for the Dad's trying to be Dad. Like Baldwin.

He's right.