Ricki Lake (Yes, That Ricki Lake) Wows the Glossies

5/9/2007 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The words "Ricki Lake" and "Vargas girl" aren't exactly synonymous. But the formerly flab-tastic Ricki, who's dropped well over 125 pounds since her days as Tracy Turnblad in the original "Hairspray," is looking so svelte -- and so fierce -- that she's gracing this week's cover of none other than Us magazine!

When she guest-hosted on "The View" last week, Ro & Co. couldn't stop gushing about Ricki's new look as she shilled for her natural-birth-themed documentary "The Business of Being Born," which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. She looked so good, in fact, that sources tell us that three weekly glossies offered her covers within 48 hours.

Us ultimately won, and now we can finally reveal the goods -- check out Ricki in the red hot bathing suit. Snap!

Don't worry though, Lake's not forgetting where she came from. She's set to make a cameo in the John Travolta "Hairspray" remake this summer.

Christi

Good for her! I liked her heavy and I like her thin- she's true to herself no matter what size. But healthy is definitely better for spending mom time with those sweet babies of hers. I couldn't be happier for her. Go get em, Girl! And send some luck my way for some weight shedding after my baby in November, while you're at it!

Seriously

If you lost that much, where's the loose skin?
Did she have plastic surgery?
Sorry, you don't look that tight after losing that much weight
and exercising doesn't make loose skin go away.

AccordingtoTalia

Hmmm, I wonder if this is legit or fake like how Kirstie Alley "lost weight" but has to constantly stand with her hands pressed to her hips in a very binding black skirt or dress in order to look semi thin.

Good for her, but my guess is she looks like a melting he-man doll under that bathing suit....the skin doesn't go away without surgery!

Kimmie

Is it me or does her head look like a balloon?

Madeline

She looks wonderful.IMO

U.S.C.

She's still an ugly woman. She looked prettier fat b/c her head looks way too big now.

Aspen

Is it just me, or does anyone else think she looks like an older version of Rumer Willis?

Karma

Good for her...she lost alot of weight...but I have one word for y'all ...."airbrush" nice back and chest

allison

That is incredible! she looks great ,healthy and happy.

allison

She looks alot better than that paris hiltongirl!!!!!You go girl!

Marshall Jefferson

Ricki's talk show was just as bad as The Ron Reagan Talk show.

JS

She still has fat thighs and you can see her sucking her gut in.

paige

Yeah right, more like size 8!

Bug

Ya know, WE DON'T PIMP THE BIRTH OF OUR CHILDREN FOR A BUCK!!!

I PRAY SHE DOES NOT GET A JOB ON THE VIEW FOR I WILL TUNE HER OUT AS I ALWAYS HAVE.

SHE SUX!

sarah

that is NOT 123 pounds. that looks more like 140!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments