Lewis and Clarkson:

Who Will and WON'T Perform Tonight

5/23/2007 3:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelly Clarkson may be feuding with her label head Clive Davis, but she's got nothing but love for "American Idol."

TMZ has learned that Kelly -- and all winners from seasons past, except Fantasia -- will be back performing on the "American Idol" stage for tonight's finale.

Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Carrie Underwood and Taylor Hicks are headed to the Kodak Theater, but Fantasia Barrino won't be, since she is headlining Oprah Winfrey's production of "The Color Purple" on Broadway.

Sources tell TMZ Gladys Knight will perform "Midnight Train to Georgia" with the top six female finalists, while Smokey Robinson will join the top six male finalists for a rendition of "Ooh Baby Baby." Most recently booted finalist Melinda Doolittle will sing with brother and sister gospel duo BeBe and CeCe Winans, while the hairiffic Sanjaya duets with Aerosmith's Joe Perry to the Kinks' "You Really Got Me." It's sure to be an unbeweavable night!

Beat-boxing finalist Blake Lewis will show off his mad skillz against rapper Doug E. Fresh, and then duet with fellow finalist and probable winner, Jordin Sparks, to the Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There." Since producers were able to finally get clearance to use Beatles music, a medley of Fab Four hits will be performed as well.

Luckily, we're told no one is expected to be exhumed a la Elvis on tonight's finale!

UPDATE: A well-placed source tells TMZ that anti-establishment rockers Green Day sold out and will be on the "American Idiot" "Idol" finale too!

costaMesaboy

I HEARD SANJAYA WAS ACTUALLY A TERRORIST NAMED "AL QUEDEA!!!", haha..................................it worked he single handedly ruined that show,,, HILLARIOUS

jenny

You are not saying that Greenday will NOT be performing nor are you saying that they are - are they or aren't they? Anyone hear about the rehearsals because I'm not wasting my time watching this crap if they aren't.

Rob G

All the winners except underwood and clarkson are washouts, and if flake wins that trend will continue. Go SPARKS!!!!!!! Even though melinda should have won.

Crystal

As hard as it may be to believe..not everyone lives for AI !! I can't stand it myself...

stretch

They can't top last years finale with Prince surprise performance.

JENNIFER

I have to say that AI is getting very old. I was really upset when my husband would balk at me wanting to watch it at the begining of this season, but after 2 episodes and then the Sanja-who? thing, I was over it. Honestly the "whole" reality TV thing is old, let's get back to real entertainment??!! Please??

love what about brian

too bad cause the elvis thing was awesome. I need some Bo Bice too.

hurl

If Green Day performs, it is to raise awareness of the John Lennon tribute/charity CD that is coming out called Instant Karma. It is artists covering John Lennon songs.

Green Day sings the first single from the album, Working Class Hero. It wouldn't call raising money for a good cause and promoting it 'selling out'.

If you weren't more worried about insulting people than giving facts, you may have actually researched a bit and found this..

Victoria

I'll be watching LOST

Julie

All of sudden Kelly Clarkson wants her name linked with America Idol. Remember how she really talked bad about the show and Simon and that she was breaking away from the Idol image. Now her records are not selling and she needs help. To hell with her, she should have thanked American Idol like Carrie Underwood always does and remember where she got her start. Let her go sing in some bar down the street.
I don't like her!!!

huntlynn

Thank God Fantasia will not be performing...I don't think I could handle it!!!! I think I will tune into something else it sounds boring and we all know who will be the winner!

Inspector Gadget

Hey where did my comment go ?????

Dont tell TMZ is gonna start moderating these comments - cause that would suck worse then Brit lip sync'n in street walker clothes.

marqy

what green day!!!

Debra

Hey...I loved the Elvis performance...it gave me cold chills...and I never liked Elvis. That has to be the best funeral song EVER...!

shirliana

why did carrie underwood LOSE SO MUCH WEIGHT????????????????? SHE DOES NOT LOOK THAT GREAT LIKE BEFORE.. THAT'S MY PERSONAL OPINION

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments