'Real World's' Frankie

Dies at 25

6/12/2007 6:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0612_frankie_realworld_sd-1Frankie Abernathy -- the punked-out, boat-phobic rock chick of MTV's "Real World: San Diego" fame -- died at the age of 25 on Saturday at her mother's home in Shorewood, Wisc.

Abernathy suffered from cystic fibrosis, though an official cause of death has yet to be determined, according to MTV News. During her stint in the "Real World" house, Frankie exhibited symptoms of cystic fibrosis, such as difficulty breathing and immune-system impairment, and it was a significant part of her storyline on the show.

Frankie had some tumultuous times on the show, and ended up leaving the house before the end of the season.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Sarah

In response to #279 and other people commenting on how CF is a horrible disease and that ppl who have it, die young. Do your mother freaking research before making a statement on a subject you barely know. It sucks to have CF, but each person who has it, is affected differently. I have CF and lead a normal, healthy life. The only difference in my life compared to a regular person, is that I have to do more things to keep myself healthy. I've only been hospitalized once and when you first see me, you could never tell i have a disease. I may be someone who has CF, but in no way does it define who i am as a person. Just because you're currently a healthy person, you have no right to associate a destiny of a shortened life with people who have CF. Anyone could easily get hit by a car, or get cancer in the next year. All I'm asking is for people to stop saying CF is a death sentence. There's an 81 year old man who has CF!!! Basically stop pittying people with this diease, because a cure is possible and not everyone with CF is miserable and dieing. Ultimately never pity someone with a disease or disability, because they may very easily live a more fufilling and possibly longer life than you. That's all i have to say folks;)

Michelle/Genesis

I just found out about this horrible news this evening. ): She died just a week after my seventeenth birthday. I'm absolutely heartbroken. She is such a lively spirit I don't know how she could ever be silenced. She inspired me from the very beginning--since I first saw her on Real World San Diego years ago. I printed a picture of her then, I still have it and I plan on keeping it with me for a long time. She is one of the most beautiful people I've ever had the opportunity to have known about. I know that everyone who was blessed by her presence--if for even a moment--has something to be thankful for. I hope that she stays alive via the eyes of all who know her and I hope her soul and beautiful mind are still basking in the joys of life.

get a life

May GOD Bless her. AMEN

Josh

Oh damn! This is so sad... R.I.P. Frankie

terry

WOW! THATS REALLY SAD........

lol, morons

How terrible.

LAME

GOD BLESS HER!

KIM

I am so sad about this. Even with all or her problems (or the ones they showed) there was really something in Frankie that made you want to take care of her.

Liz, Chicago

Oh, gosh, I remember her! Wow, that sux, she seemed like a sweet person. RIP.
Liz, Chi

DW

so sad,peace be with the family.

Lisa

My heart goes out to the girl's friends and family. Only one who has experienced such a heart wrenching loss can understand such grief. May she rest in peace, Maybe she was to "Punk Rock" to live on this earth.
RIP Frankie

Skkorp

R.I.P FRANKIE...

Lori_NewOrleans

i hope the best for her and her family!

Jessica

My heart goes out to her family...i never saw the real world san diego but i will have to see now...i to have cystic fibrosis and I know personaly what she went through!

918

Sad really! I was born with CF. You can only do so much RIP!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments