'Real World's' Frankie

Dies at 25

6/12/2007 6:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0612_frankie_realworld_sd-1Frankie Abernathy -- the punked-out, boat-phobic rock chick of MTV's "Real World: San Diego" fame -- died at the age of 25 on Saturday at her mother's home in Shorewood, Wisc.

Abernathy suffered from cystic fibrosis, though an official cause of death has yet to be determined, according to MTV News. During her stint in the "Real World" house, Frankie exhibited symptoms of cystic fibrosis, such as difficulty breathing and immune-system impairment, and it was a significant part of her storyline on the show.

Frankie had some tumultuous times on the show, and ended up leaving the house before the end of the season.

me

Frankie was a junkie !!!!!!!!!!!!

So Sad

I remember her on the show. I always thought she was so pretty. And I remember she exhibited some behavior that her roommates said was not good for her because of her health issues but when you are young, you often think you are invincible. I know she lived each day doing what she wanted to do and in the end, that is all that really matters.

God Bless Frankie and her family, may she rest in peace.

Sean

Sad to hear, but does anybody even watch "The Real World" anymore?

catheadmoon

frankie went to hollywood...

Cleonyc

I never saw the show, but that disease is horrible. Most people don't live longer than their mid-twenties. Our neighbor's daughter has it and it breaks our hearts. My love to her family and friends.

Jbo

Gosh, I got chills... This is very sad! I actually watched that season and felt bad for her b/c I thought the housemates didn't understand or thought she was faking...

Rest in Peace and may your family family find some kind of solice....

Robin

I am very sorry to hear about Frankie. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends. Robin

Kimmi

I hope people like Chad could just realize that even if she did overdose she was still loved by family and friends that will miss her. I would hope that nobody in her circle of friends or family read your crap remarks.
I lost 4 cousins about 15 years ago to CF and it isn't a laughing matter. Some people are not able to take the pain they go through everyday which may unfortunately lead to drugs or in her case cutting. Please respect her the way I would think you would want it for you family.
God Bless Frankie and her loved ones! RIP Frankie :)

me

Why do you people continual to worship a crackhead and meth head whore like Frankie

j

may god bless her and i pray that she is or will be in heaven

j

#20.
you should of kept your mouth shut if you didnt have anything nice to say. hopefully karma doesnt come back at you for being such a b***h

hes a crack head

TRY, SORRY FOR THE TYPO....IM SURE ILL HAVE EVERYONE UP MY ASS FOR THAT...

me

Try using meth like Frankie to subdue the pain.

oh really

justice, go to bed, it's way past your bedtime...

biblica