"Sopranos" Fans Don't Stop Downloading

6/18/2007 1:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

While a lot of people were upset by last week's ambiguous and abrupt "Sopranos" series finale, there's one group that couldn't have asked for a better ending -- Journey!
Steve Perry and Sopranos
After the '80s band's power ballad, "Don't Stop Believin," played in the background during the last minutes of the episode, fans caused downloads of the song to jump 482%. Don't stop, indeed! The karaoke staple even made it to #1 on iTunes Music Rock Chart -- not bad for a song the same age as Jamie-Lynn Sigler aka the parking-challenged Meadow Soprano.

The 1981 arena-rock anthem is no stranger to contemporary audiences, having been featured in key scenes in Charlize Theron's "Monster" and in 2005 episodes of "Family Guy" and "Laguna Beach." Steve Perry's mortgage thanks you!

BigCupOStfu

It sucks, because I can't tell anyone that I like that song. Stop making it famous so I can listen in peace!!!!!!!!

costaMesaboy

it's FABIO!!!!.........................SOPRANOS........SUCKED,,,thank god it's over!!!!

Tangie

Love Journey, but don't go see em. Steve Perry is not singin with them anymore, some other guy.

Tangie

You really are bored, aren't you costaMesaboy? I see your name everywhere!

Dish

Don't forget the 2005 Chicago White Sox unofficial Theme song, even had Steve at the World Series with them and at the terrific parade here in Chicago, boy we (the White Sox) can sure use him now!

:o)

costaMesaboy

#10,,,,,,,,YEAH, MOM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'M OUTA HERE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,funny chit!!!

CALLMEJULS

AHHHHHHHHH. When music was music! Steve Perry, come back and perform, the world needs real music again........... This new stuff is an absolute joke............ ( Heyo, listen what I Sayo)...........I feel sorry for the young people today....Laughable!

NOT a fan of TMZ

Believe it or not - this was my High School graduation song!! Our "class song" for the event... Someone didn't proof-read the lyrics!! "Singer in a smokey room. Smell of wine and cheap perfume."??!! That's encouraging for sure!!

I bet other options were:
"Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap"
"Cocaine"
"Humpty Dance"

big joe

steve perry is still the best singer.

dude

Met this asshole once, talk about someone who is stuck on himself. They sucked then and they still suck!

joe

THE SOPRANO FINAL EPISODE HAS CAUSED MORE DISCOURSE [ANALYSIS] THEN A BAD MARRAGE

Tangie

Dan is one unhappy person.

dude

sasha Why because Steve Perry is an asshole?

WHAT IS THE RUSH

I LOVE STEVE PERRY STILL, CALL ME.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE HE IS?

WHAT HE IS DOING?

IF HE EVER MARRIED?, MAYBE SHERI

JOURNEY WAS AND IS THE BEST ROCK GROUP! THE WHEEL IN THE SKY KEEPS TURNING FOR JOURNEY! CALL STEVE, PLEASE, I'LL TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE ON THE DIXIE HIGHWAY! HOPE YOUR WELL.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments