Nicole

Confirms Worst Kept Secret

In Hollywood

7/31/2007 7:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole Richie finally tells the world: "Yes, I am. We are. I'm almost four months."

0731_richie_070731_ms_bn-1
In an exclusive sit-down with Diane Sawyer, the celebutante talks for the first time about the impending birth of her child with Good Charlotte singer Joel Madden.

ABC says in the interview, which airs on "Good Morning America" Thursday and Friday and on Hot mommas -- click to launch"20/20" Friday night, Richie "speaks candidly about why this particular constellation of young female stars -- Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears, among others -- have behaved badly so publicly." She should know!

As for her upcoming stint in the slammer, Richie told Sawyer, "I have a responsibility and it's something that I did wrong, and if I could personally apologize to every single person that has lost a loved one from drunk driving I would," she said of her recent guilty plea. "And unfortunately I can't, but this is my way of paying my dues and taking responsibility and being an adult."

By the way, TMZ told you this tidbit on July 3rd.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jennifer

#69 When I got pregnant with my first child I weighed 93lbs and stayed that way until the six month. Then I put on 30lbs. I had a healthy 6lb 9oz baby boy. There is nothing wrong with not gaing that much weight at this point.

Christina

I like Nicole Richie, I don't think she is nearly as stupid as some of these other women who have children. I don't feel sorry for the baby either. I'm sure Nicole will be a great mother. She has grown up so much in the past year or so.
Who cares if she isn't married.. if she is financially capable of taking care of this child.. why not?

Children do that to women, remember Angelina before her little embassy of tots?

Lana

Cool....

jen

Give her a break. People recover and as a recovering addict I can honestly say people do change so let us focus on positive.

whatever

I think its funny that people have to be negative about Nicole. Its like they are pissed that she hasnt screwed up. Though I am not a fan of hers, Its been nice not to see her going to jail every 6 months. She seems to have done alot of growing up since she split from Paris. She has accepted responsibility for her actions and has the love of her man behind her supporting her. This baby seems to be exactly what she needed in her life right now. This will show her that theres more to life than getting high, drunk and laid nightly. She can also look at Britney and see what she can become if she doesnt get it right. I think she will do just fine as long as she stays away from the circle of people that she was hanging with. Congrats Nicole! Be a good mom and make your child proud.

come on

Nicole 4 months pregnant looks like a normal person who just eat a meal. I hope they don't hype it up and she loses it because of her bad nutrition, that would be very sad.

haveaniceday

At least they look happy together. I hope this works out for her, she seems like a sweet girl, and I don't care what anyone says, I liked HER much better than Paris Hilton anyday!! At least she has a personality and sense of humor, NOT a sense of self. Please get healthy Nicole!!

kim

ah yeah

Not normal for me. That is what I was taught in nursing school. Didn't pull that one out of thin air.

kim

ah yeah

Oh, and if you know of a reputable medical source that says 15 is average...please let me know? Because apparently all my nursing books and graduate books must be mistaken. Thanks.

Tiffany

Dear Diane Sawyer,

You are one of the few creditable journalist left and I know that your great career is winding down and you are sitting on buckets of cash to do GMA and the occasional celebrity interview because, well, you are freaking Diane Sawyer and you can. So I am going to tell you this, look at the end of Barbara Walters career and remember what she is going to be remembered for, 'The View'. Use your clout when the next time that they approach you for a crap 'exclusive' interview with someone like Nicole Ritchie.

Just remember, Barbara Walters.

Okay...Good

Still a fan,
Tiffany

R.Zimmerman

Fat dude + living dead. Just lovely.

♠ Katie ♠

Dammit. Dammit!

I really want to keep despising her completely, but then she says something at least passably mature and responsible-- more so than, say, bitching and moaning about it and screaming hysterically for Mommy-- when confronted with the consequences of her actions.

But why, WHY would she decide to continue that pregnancy? That's so selfish . . . that kid's health is gonna be the definition of FUBAR.

Chris Tian & Friends

Chris Tian and Friends are very proud to hear that NICOLE RICHIE is pregnant and is going to be a mother. R&B singer/songwriter Chris Tian from Portsmouth, N.H., who met with Lionel Richie in Los Angeles 5 years ago with his 5 1/2 octave voice range says that Lionel was very nice to him and Tian can also feel that anyone that is close with Lionel must also be compassionate. Therefore, Tian feels that Nicole Richie is just as human as the rest of us and say's despite the media hype, He is in big support for people trying to heal and live life one day at a time. Most importantly, Tian wants Nicole to be very happy!

Chris Tian & Friends for Nicole Richie

♠ Katie ♠

Just Jamie:

You seriously think choosing to terminate a pregnancy is an "easy way out"?

You are terribly, terribly naive.

missy mckee 3

I can't believe she's pregnant. She's so frail I figured she stopped menstrating. I hope now she will eat plenty of healthy food and have a healthy baby. I pray she gives the little one a decent name.
Say whatever you want about Coutrney Love; at least she had the sense to name her daughter Frances.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments