Nicole Richie

Checks into Jail

8/23/2007 8:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0823_richie_court_2-1Talk about a smart move! Nicole Richie snuck into jail today to serve her sentence for DUI.

She was booked at the Lynwood Jail, where Paris did her time, at 3:15 this afternoon. Great move by her lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley. While all the attention was focused on Lindsay, no one was watching Nicole.

Nicole is being processed right now. Her photo hasn't even been taken. A Sheriff's guy says she's still being processed.

Nicole was sentenced to four days in the pokey for driving the wrong way on an L.A. freeway while under the influence. She was given credit for 1 day because she was in the slammer for 6 hours after her arrest.

Because of overcrowding, it's possible -- but not certain -- Nicole will be a free woman when we all wake up tomorrow.

Miss Richie is pregnant with her first child.

TalkTheTalk

It's only right that this girl is in jail for a bit. She drove the wrong way on a freeway while she was high! Gesh. She's lucky she didn't kill anyone. And, this girl is going to be mother. How sad. Let's hope she'll get a fleet of nannies to take of her child because this trainwreck probably can't even tie her own shoes. I hope she at least feeds the baby, given her complicated issues with food. She's a mess, although really calculated as a media whore, as there's nothing like a pregnancy to sway the public and law enforcement back in her
favor. I don't believe for one minute that she's gotten her act together.

celebuspawn

Atleast Nicole is doing it with some grace. A far cry from Paris! (no pun intended as the image of paris crying in the back of the police car on her way back to jail flashes in my mind!)

jess

according to the LA county jail website she has ALREADY been released!

divalasvegas

I would love to see Nicole get her life back on track. She seems to be in a solid relationship with a baby on the way. I will be extremely disappointed to see her out in the clubs after the baby is born. She appears to have grown up a bit and regrets the mistakes that she has made. Kudos to Nicole for trying to do the right thing. As for Britney, Paris and Lindsay, they need to take a lesson from Nicole and see that ultimately you are the one responsible for your life. Those three could totally turn their lives around with just a little effort and less partying. You don't have to be drunk and puking in public to have a good time. I went through that phase about 10-12 years ago and realized that I didn't like the person I was becoming, so I just stopped hanging out with certain people in certain places and life got better very quickly.

Nikky G

Nicole is trying to change her life. Good for her for taking care of this now. She will be a great mom. I hope that her and Joel can make it last in HOLLYWOOD!

L.A. Native

Nicole was released at 4:37 this afternoon!!

SuperStarSteve

I'm going to sit Shiva on this for a day. Don't worry baby gurl, you'll be out in no thyme.

Fred

Hey Nicole, when they do the cavity search, look out for a hand on each hip

Robin

I really think she is going to be a great mom. Who has not made mistakes in their life? She has always been a great sister to her two younger siblings and there is much love a respect. She was a train wreck waiting to happen. Her behavior on "The Simple Life" was for our entertainment or not. I thought the first season was ok and alittle far fetched, after that it just got down right rude and so unrealistic. Motherhood does change u. She has too many ppl to prove that she has changed. If she gets a nanny so what. Does not mean u r a bad mom. We need a break. I use to pick up my sister to come over and watch my kid(s) while I slept.

Mia

Somehow, I don't think this child will be a future president. So what's up with our real idols, our patriots overseas?

bill warmington

As a former sheriff, I have never seen a travesty of justice. For the last month the tv station,s have been pushing sobriety, what jail is like, scene,s of fatal accidents and it has been powerful and working. The you drink and drive, ( you go to jail ) statement has just been blown away by a spoiled brat that hi powered the system. All the money in the world can,t bring back a DEAD DRUNK DRIVER VICTIM, I,m physically ill reading all this today. The judge and Da have no balls and should be ashamed of ruining all the work of sober living adcocates. So Ms. Spoiled brat, go boy a toy and show your ( I,m so sorry look , so tomorrow, I can look at your pictures and know I won,t be constipated

bill warmington

just ruined the whole summer program, DRINK-DRIVE and GO TO JAIL, because of the results of theda and judge, wou all just opened the book : If I need a rest ,I,ll spend it in JAIL and geet 1mil in PR. The judge and DA ( typical LA ) should be kicked in the ass. So if one of the PR JUNKIES kill someone < be proud > your part of the farce. No wonder smart attornies don,t want to be judges or DA

meow

GRACE E
THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP
NAGASE SEEMS TO HAVE AN ENTHUSIAM FOR ELECTROCUTIONS
MUCH LIKE GEORGE BUSH DID WHEN HE WAS GOVERNOR
GEORGE BUSH HAD AN ELECTRIC COUCH, INSTEAD OF AN ELECTRIC CHAIR

susan

I hope that every, single REGULAR citizen in LA that is incarcerated for similar felonies now demands to be released due to the UNBELIEVABLE spit in the face that these celeb u nothings have gotten away with. What a joke to the US judicial system!

So, you can drive drunk, drive the wrong way down a busy high way -- high as a kite -- in the middle of the night -- hit trees -- run from the scene of the accident -- check yourself into a hospital or rehab center in order to avoid the police --- run from the scene of an accident leaving your busted car just sitting there -- speed up city streets scaring people half to death -- kidnap people -- carry cocaine into police departments -- get drunk and stoned and pass out with abandon AND JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A CELEBRITY -- YOU CAN AND NOTHING, I REPEAT, NOTHING HAPPENS TO YOU!!!

LINDSAY LOHAN WAS TOTALLY RIGHT -- SHE CAN DO WHAT EVER SHE WANTS. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO HER AND NOTHING DID! I ACTUALLY FEEL SORRY FOR PARIS HILTON NOW. SHE DID HARD TIME!

Ed

Who gives a damn in hell or whatever about these overexposed, spoiled idiots like Ritchie. take them out of the media. What has she ever done to deserve this kind of media coverage! Or Paris, or lohan for that matter!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments