Spector Murder Trial Goes to the Jury

9/8/2007 12:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Five months after it began, the murder trial of crazy-haired music legend Phil Spector ended Friday.

Spector was tried for the murder of actress Lana Clarkson. The prosecution alleged that he murdered Clarkson in February 2003, just after she entered his Alhambra, Calif. mansion. The defense argued that Clarkson committed suicide, claiming that she was depressed and had planned to kill herself. Miss Clarkson, 40, died after being shot in the mouth.

The prosecutor alleged that Spector has a history of terrorizing women, and that on the night of Clarkson's death, he emerged from the home with a gun and said to his chauffeur, "I think I killed somebody." The defense countered that the chauffeur was mistaken and that there was no scientific evidence linking the gun to Phil.

Spector, 67, was charged with second-degree murder, and if convicted, faces 15 years to life in prison.

Give Me A Break

Sadly, at this point I don't expect justice to be served. I think he'll walk. Or have a JOKE of a sentnce handed down, serve a fraction of it and be walking the streets by the time the ink on his paperwork at the jail dries.

lindsay

GUILTY / NO doubt

she had her purse over her shoulder & was leaving... no pretty women of 40 years of age shoots their pretty head off,,she was trying to get away from that creep

Glisten Garbor

"The prosecutor alleged that Spector has a history of terrorizing women, and that on the night of Clarkson's death, he emerged from the home with a gun and said to his chauffeur, "I think I killed somebody."

If I'm sitting on that jury that's all I need to know to convict.

dawn

Here is the thing if they decide man slaughter that won't work it's all or nothing i say he's gonna walk because there gonna be one hold out so they can get on 20/20 and the view and explain why.

Glisten Garbor

I don't like that there are so many male jurors on this trial and that they are probably sharing one brain between them.

Linda

FINALLY IT IS OVER........SICK OF THIS UGLY MAN AND I THINK HE IS GUILTY!!!!!!!!!! BY HIS OWN WORDS.......

LINDA IN
BUFFALO, TEXAS

Truth Teller

Off with this Feak Shows Head!!

what

Congratulations TMZ Just read the news on Drudge. Think the new program on Fox will be great. ...................He is a celebrity no telling what the verdict will be.

she smiled

Of course he's guilty. He has already had to bear unbearable punishment and may have served his sentence. This arrogant misogynist had to sit in court for months and listen to women tell stories of how crazy he is and he couldn't even challenge their words, shout them down or pull a gun on them. That had to be extreme torture for this little man. He just had to sit there and take it, haha!!!

How preposterous to think that this woman would have waited for a chance visit to to Phil Spector's house to kill herself. He is a joke.

Wicked

Did he really do it? Didn't he do it? Either way, I think he'll walk. Or not.

Wicked

Well, if he walks like I did, he's always got me to golf with him. I'm pretty much a party of one on the course. I would sure enjoy having a two-some ifyouknowwhatimean.

Vincent

So that Lana's ghost can be at rest....a guilty verdict, please.

TJ

The defense's strategy that Clarkson was so depressed that she committed suicide is absolutely ridiculous! If she wanted to commit suicide would she go shopping that day for all those shoes, report to work that night as usual and leave with a stranger without taking a weapon along for the suicide?? She was found slumped in that chair, her coat on and purse slung over her shoulder ready to leave his castle. The most credible witness of all was Adriano the driver. His response was right on the mark and his words that his boss emerged holding the gun saying "I think I just killed someone" is the final nail in the coffin for Mr. Spector. I assume the jury are intelligent people and it should not take days of deliberation to come to the just verdict in this case.

Hal

He is a lunatic murderer, and will strike again if set free!

Liz

The man is guilty, but will probably get off (but I hope not). Usually, if someone's going to commit suicide, they do it in private. It's quite obvious that he did it, especially since his first comments to the chauffer were "I think I killed somebody". If that's not enough evidence, than what is? Usually when something unexpected occurs, one's immediate reactions speaks the truth, and in this case he admitted to what actually happened. Now trying to get away with murder and changing his tune. What a loser.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments