Kiefer Charged with DUI

9/28/2007 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that the Los Angeles County City Attorney's office has charged Kiefer Sutherland with two misdemeanor counts of DUI.

The actor has been charged with one count of driving under the influence and one count with driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 or above after being arrested early Tuesday morning.

The City Attorney's office also asked that Sutherland's 2004 probation be revoked.

He will be arraigned on these charges on October 16 in front of Judge Michael Sauer, ironically that's the same judge who threw the book at Paris Hilton. Sauer sinks Bauer?? We'll see!

If convicted on both charges, Sutherland could face up to a total of a year and a half in jail and be forced to pay a $1000 fine.

Standards are badly needed.

Who the hell does pulls U-Turn when they know they've had a couple? Like THAT'LL keep you under the radar. He needs a slap for sheer stupidity.

notaceleb

Well, the title of the show might go from, "24," to, "A Year and a Half."

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

IMO -- He apparently keeps getting arrested for driving drunk and endangering OUR safety -- LOCK HIS STUPID *SS UP!

Cynic

Maybe this will help him to learn his lesson.

His dad must be so embarrassed.

Cynic

Also, good work TMZ, you are way ahead of The Smoking Gun on this one.

Brother Harold, S.J.

Put him in ail for five years--and then ship him back to Canada.

CA Mom

u turns are legal in some parts of LA

ME

Lock me up and throw away the key. Oh, and, my show sucks!

Democrats are evil

Like it matters. Why waste court time and just give him a fine and be with it. The court system is a joke and everyone knows it. Judge, judge, here comes the judge.

I Love Rock n' Roll

I'd party with him any day!!!!!!!!!!!

Smurfette

Do these celebs think they are just above it all...they have soooo much money...just get a personal driver already.

Mark

I liked this guy. Wish he could have controlled his drinking.

ChicagoMark

And Forbes list him as one of the highest paid TV celebs......only 22 million. Get a driver already dumb ass.

Sharona

I say again and again.....if you are a celebrity or anyone and you drink why can't you call a taxi? You know they have the money....so I think they are just stupid. I wander if STUPIDITY is a crime...........welll now that I have thought about it it couldn't be cause the jails would be full

Sharona