D.A. Will Not Charge

Orlando Bloom

10/26/2007 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that the L.A. County District Attorney will not file charges against actor Orlando Bloom over the accident he was involved in on October 12 that injured his two passengers.

In the D.A.'s Charge Evaluation Worksheet, the D.A. states that they are declining to prosecute the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star because of "insufficient evidence."

According to the document, Bloom "was being pursued by 4 vehicles containing paparazzi and one vehicle containing fans." Bloom "took evasive action resulting in a collision."

As for walking away, they say he "walked approximately 60 feet from the scene in an apparent attempt to avoid paparazzi's continued pursuit." They say "[Bloom] was not D.U.I. but was dazed."

More Today in TMZ History

mommyof4

You are all stupid as hell. Glad to see someone has brains and they did not file bogus ass charges. Get a grip all you haters.

Mike

Another case of special treatment

Mike

I seriously have no life and I cover it up by using dry sentences to put people down. Plus Kobe Bryant touched me in my no no spot

Anon2

I wonder what would have happened to his career if he had been charged. I wonder what he would have done if the paparazzi had just let him keep going to wherever he was going. I wonder if he would have gotten into an accident that night with some other parked or moving vehicle if the paparazzi and crazed fans hadn't been chasing him. I wonder if he could have avoided this whole situation by avoiding going to yet another trendy hotspot night club. If you give some celebrities enough rope, they eventually hang themselves. No additional assistance required.

Baseball Junkie

#57
You are clearly the one with no life if all you can find to do is pretend to be someone else. If my sentences are dry, it's because the subject is as well. If you have objections to grammatical, correctly spelled English then it's no wonder you have no life. If you'd actually gotten an education, you too could have a job which consists of more than "Would you like fries with that?"

FYI The last guy that tried to touch me when I wasn't interested has been singing soprano for several years now. Do you have an ambition to be a castrati?

BartmanLA

GOD YOU'RE ALL WRONG, This took place in WEST HOLLYWOOD, the LA County Sheriff Dept responded and handled the accident, the LAPD has nothing to do with it, the Beverly Hills PD has NOTHING to do with it. Why do you constantly twist the facts and OUT RIGHT LIE about this story??? The papparazzi caused this accident by chasing him down, running red lights, and BLOCKING THE STREET he tried to turn onto forcing him to either hit a HUGE SUV head on or take the curb and hit the parked car which is what he did. The LA COUNTY Attorney has declined to press charges, the Sheriff's did not arrest him, his friend was injured and he went to the hospital with her becuase she is a very close childhood friend of his. So far TMZ and ALL the other sites have failed to get the facts on this story CORRECT!
This was the RIGHT CALL, get over it all you haters!!!!!

rebel

I LIVE ONE BLOCK FROM WHERE THIS HAPPENED, AND I SAW IT ALL..

I WAS TRYING TO PICK HIM UP BUT HE HAD A FISH WITH HIM...

rebel

#61 this did NOT take place in West Hollywood, it was in Hollywood.

ON Lexington and Highland Ave. LAPD not tHE SHERIFF

Baseball Junkie

VON
That comment was so stupid I can't believe you actually wrote it. Oh yeah that's right, you're a reverse bigot.

Shonee

That was BS. Are they saying that avoinding getting his pic taken was more important that helping his friend bleeding on the ground? How do people get away with lying like this? Honestly, I never agreed when people said that lawyers were liars, but I'm really starting to think so (sorry, Harvey -_-"). And what does this say about the judges who believes that Lying-Lawyers?

Shonee

(My previous post CONT.)

I agree with gagal, Kaylia, Starting to hate LA

BartmanLA

#63 GET your facts right, this accident happened at the intersection of Fountain Ave & Vista St! This was reported in MANY places as the location by the mainstream media. The photo's and video prove that the officers that responded to this location wore BROWN uniforms of the LA County Sheriff's Dept NOT the blues of the LAPD. I live 40 FEET from where this happened, I SAW who was there and what happened, this is on the border of LA/West Hollywood and the WEHO Sherriffs got the call. Your facts are WRONG this happened NO where near where you said.

Kayan Phoenix

Didn't think they would prosecute considering Orlando was there when the cops arrived!! Glad they did the right thing!!

Baseball Junkie

Scarlet, You're repetitious and wrong. Check the facts before you comment. She was not sitting on the street with her head cracked open. In fact, her head was never "Cracked Open" she had a minor scalp wound which she didn't even realize she had until someone pointed it out to her. And she was still in the car when Orli walked away. You're just plain lying when you said you voted for "not celebrity justice." You're just another one of the haters and liars.

margtud

I think Orlando is a cute looking guy-and that doesn't excuse his behavior. He clearly walked away from the scene of an accident with two of his own friends hurt in the car. If that had been Joe Shmoe caught on tape walking away from a car accident-he would have been charged with hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments