Boy George

Charged with Allegedly

Chaining Model

11/13/2007 9:51 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Boy George, 46, was formally charged in London after a 28-year-old man accused the Culture Club's cross-dressing crazy of false imprisonment and common assault.

Multiple reports from the UK claim that George (real name George O'Dowd) was ordered to appear in court on the charges on Nov. 22. The reports also claim that the incident in question took place back in April, when a Norwegian man reportedly accused George of chaining and threatening him at his home, where he went as a "photo model."

Earlier this year, Boy's brother Kevin told NME that Boy "was not annoyed" by the arrest and thought the allegations were "hilarious."

More Today in TMZ History

Spurs

omofmom

Why would you assume that you hit a nerve. Because I called you out on your comment. I just think one should have all the facts before they call people a stupid f***, you stupid f***.

Erik

It is known in the NY club scene that Boy hires young escorts to photograph and spank.

Todd

I don't believe for one min. that this was for a photo shoot. And if it was I've seen photo's that involved handcuffs. This man is male escort trying to get money off the media for his story. I would hope the legal system could see this as well.

TMZ reader

Check out the single, "Cold Shoulder" on youtube. It was Culture Club's last hit and I just recently discovered it. I think it's their best.

toomanydoggies

Its good to see George back in the limelight again. Oh wait, that's not the limelight its the glare of TMZ!

STORMY7

I FEEL SO SAD FOR THIS ONCE VERY GIFTED MAN.

DeLayne

Is it my imagination or does Boy George get uglier every year? Ew, gross! Can you imagine having sex with somebody who looks that repulsive?

Keester

He looks like an older Michael Stipe....REM....

Robert

Amazon Gift Card Giveaway.

Earn $3 Amazon Gift Card.

Only 20 gift cards available.

Complete a quick survey and earn free $3 Amazon Gift Card.

Go to http://bit.ly/TDklWu , pick a quick survey and get $3 Amazon Gift Card upon completing it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3