Joan Van Ark's Face --

That's 'Knot' Right

12/4/2007 1:01 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Knots Landing" star Joan Van Ark is living proof that you should never schedule a chemical peel moments before a red carpet event!

Joan Van Ark
The 64-year-old, with tattoo-ish Liza brows and Sharpie eyeliner, was out at a theater event in L.A. on Saturday.

Her new look is in stark contrast to her CBS publicity photo (inset) from a few years ago. Damn!

Jennie W.

Its picures of celebrities like this that women need to see so they can stop beating themselves up over not looking like the celebrities in magazines. Its all good makeup, airbrushing and lighting. Nobodys flawless and this picture proves it!

The Simple Facts

64? In what, Jupiter years??? Which would make her about a gazillion years old here! She could be in a walking-dead movie, playing the lead zombie, just as she is! I agree with poster who said 'quit trying to be something u are not' -- I mean C'MON -- we all want to look our best; but we also all age. Doing so a little more gracefully, instead of attempts to be as 20 & end up looking 2,000, would be a good start.... Ridiculous! and quite disturbing.

Seriously

I guess it is HER. Here are more of the pics - WHO LET HER OUT LIKE THIS?!?

a

that can't be real. must be a photoshop pic.

Hollywood's a Hazard

Come ON you guys! Be nice... Phillis Diller is 90 years old for Gods sake! OOPS wrong photo. Never MInd.

aa girl

No way. Does she not know? WTF?????

jayjay

AAAH!! Is this a Michael Jackson impersonator or is it Michael in drag?!

FlBiker

How did they get her autopsy photos?

Shaka

All that is holy, I am very happy with my wrinkles right where they are, thank you very much. This is one frightening image, it just looks painful.

I NOTICED

LMFAO @ STURGES
FRIGGIN PHYLLIS DILLER I AM AT WORK AND REALLY LAUGHED OUT LOAD AT THAT.
IT LOOKS LIKE HER FACE IS PLASTIC, AND SOMEONE HELD A LIT MATCH UP TO PART OF IT, AND IT DREW IT UP AND PUCKERED SOME OF IT.
THAT IS REALLY SO NASTY

Seriously

Good God, WTF? And she's posing for a pic looking like that?
The eyeliner and eyebrows aren't even close to matching her hair and coloring.
Yikes, that really is just wrong.

my my my

/What a f-----g nightmare. Typical Hollywood scare-let

Veronica

IS SHE A PATIENT OF DR. JAY ADAMS???????????

auramac

Lousy undertaker.

PS NY

My opinion is she recently had a CO2 laser peel. Far more penetrating than a regular chemical peel, and can impair skin pigmentation, but it will usually bounce back in about 4-6 weeks. The dead giveaway is the blanching of color around the mouth. Just looks so wrong when compared to her over Botoxed brow.