Brad Renfro Dies

1/15/2008 8:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brad RefroTMZ has learned actor Brad Renfro is dead.

The 25-year-old actor was found dead at his Los Angeles home this morning. The cause of death has not been determined, however, Renfro had a history of drug abuse.

Sources tell us Renfro, who had starring roles in "The Client" and "Apt Pupil" had been working valiantly to stay clean, especially since this summer. Renfro had been convicted of several drug offenses, including attempted heroin possession.

Renfro had been filming a movie with Winona Ryder and Billy Bob Thornton. The movie, "The Informers," just wrapped.

Renfro has had a rough time personally since moving from Tennessee to Los Angeles. His parents split, and we're told he did not have real guidance from adults as he tried navigating the treacherous movie industry.

I call Shotgun

How in the hell can these people that make this kind of money, blow it on drugs? Jesus, I'd be out living life and not trying to destory myself.

Britney u suck!

poor guy that sucks.

Potkettleblack

How terribly sad. What a shame he couldn't have gotten some real help. My condolences to his family and friends.

Larry Gable

I was on a plane with this guy from Phoenix to LA about four years ago. He was high as a kite. He then proceeded to challenge me to a fight as we exited the plane because he thought I was picking up his hippie looking girlfriend. I told him to lay off the smack and then maybe the fight would be fair. The TSA had to take him off the plane. Needless to say, the guy was a waste.

Tiff

thats soo sad.. he was a great actor and so adorable.. very tragic, i guess he couldnt cope with hollywood, he was so young :(

cutiepie

30. too young too soon, james dean comes to mind for some reason..................................

Posted at 6:54PM on Jan 15th 2008 by vondog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To me, Jonathan Brandis comes to mind. Thats who I imediately thought of when I read that this yound 25yr old actor died. That was another tragedy.

FIGHT

That's just awful, RIP dude.

Gray Area

Unless you have lived the hell of drug addiction yourself, please don't judge and condemn those who are battling it, or who have failed at their attempt. You have NO idea what it takes. It's not a matter of learning or logic or stupidity.

Justme

If you havent seen "Apt Puple" then rent it caz it is by far the best movie I have ever seen and he was OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG so good in it. Such a waste of young and good talent. He is also in a movie on IFC this month. True talent gone in a heartbeat.

faye

He was such a talented young actor. I remember seeing him in The Client when he was about 10.

It's sad how so many of the young actors seem to not be able to handle stardom at such a young age. There are far too many of them constantly in the news that were child stars, ala, Britney, Lindsey, etc. Too much success at too young an age, I think.

Maria

This is very sad and tragic.

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.

Wow my goodnesss

I can't believe that. He had so much potential. See, you never know how much pain someone is in even if they seem totally fine. God bless his soul and prayers to his family

lalaloo

He could have had an outstanding career. Hearing this makes me just a
bit more sad. Drugs...what a waste.

lmk1979

It's so sad when we lose such talented people too soon. It makes me think of River Phoenix, and how almost 15 years after his death. I'm still saddened at the lose. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

Rosie O'donnel is way too gross for words

Another "young Hollywood" tragedy. How sad! My heart goes out to his family.