Velvet Revolver:

Gravedancing?

3/24/2008 3:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Velvet Revolver's frontman Scott Weiland and drummer Matt Sorum don't seem to be getting along well lately, sparking rumors that Velvet Revolver days are coming to an end.

Last Thursday night during a show in Glasgow, UK, Weiland shocked the crowd -- and his bandmates -- by announcing they were "watching something special... the last tour by Velvet Revolver." According to several reports, the rest of the band looked at each other in disbelief.

After that "announcement" Matt fired back with heated comments blog: "Being in a band is a lot like being in a relationship. Sometimes you just don't get along." And clearly referring to Weiland, says, "Unfortunately some people in this business don't realize how great of a life they have."

Then Weiland fired back, issuing a statement to Blabbermouth: "I've made many attempts to remain cordial with the members of VR, but mainly, the like of you. Funny though -- this if your FIRST band, as opposed to being a hired gun. I've been making records (now on my ninth), which have sold over 35 million copies worldwide and have maintained a level of professionalism regardless of how many drugs I've ingested into my system."

Is this the beginning of the end? A rep publicist for the band kept mum when we asked.

Cigarman

I have lil Scotty on my death pool!

Big D

The "hired gun" refers to Sorum not being an original member of either the Cult or Guns N Roses. He came on after both bands were well established.

While those Slash Snakepit albums are atrocious, I have to disagree on the comment about the Duff solo album, "Believe in Me". That was a great album. The Neurotic Outsiders project (featuring Duff and Sorum) was decent as well.

Seen VR twice and both shows were lackluster. Both of their albums are lackluster as well. Alice in Chains should have been headlining that summer tour they did!

CoolGirl2008

Any band that does lengthy guitar and drum solos should be destroyed.

sE X. p I sT O L s.

Buster

WHO CARES VR SUCKS big time. The only thing worse than VR was STP. Buckcherry would kick their ass.

JDM

Weiland's comments about this being Matt's first band was meant that he was a hired gun in both The Cult and G'N'R, not that this is the first band Matt was in. Sorum wasn't an original member in either band.

JDM

However, that being explained, Weiland still needs to does us all a favor and fade away. Hopefully the other guys will now get a REAL singer!

tomaum

35 million records sold? i dont know 1 person that owns a stp or vr record. hes such a d bag

bh

Did everyone miss the fact that STP is back together?? First show is in Columbus (i believe), ohio. Rock on the Range Festival this May. Perhaps fronting two headlining bands would be a bit much??

Shannon

I have always been a fan of STP and VR from the begining! VR was suppose to come to San Diego last month. Turns out the day of the show Scott checked into rehab AGAIN! Pretty lame scott! Not to mention, VR had a show the night before in L.A.. It was as waste of money. Thankfully ticketmaster gives refunds. In all honesty, VR is better off without him. Do not get wrong, I do like Sott, has a good voice, Scott and the rest of VR sound awesome together. If you want your fans to support you then play music and get over yourself. It is a shame that a good band like STP and VR could not keep it together. It is like history is repeating itself. I wonder what the problem is....

stud

the only real road tested grundge core memeber ...who paid his dues in 15 bands...is dave kushner...the humble heart and soul of that band.....matt sorum is a jerkoff.....and scotch weedland is afew months shy of bieng dead anyway....the rest ...slash and duff are superheros...legends...who dont deserve either of those two role players....whats up with axle these days....nuthin

TheChimp.net

Dave Kushner is the sickest guitar player ever. He is completely under-appreciated!

stud

matt scrotum is a complete and blitthering idiot.....he cant get chicks...unless there hookers or coke hores...he has hair plugs...he a average drummer at best....and he blew all his money...at least 3 or four times...he should be licking scotts asscrack....and i have seen him do that more than a few times to dudes....and he is closing in on fifty...botox...hgh...and lipo cost $$$$ he should be begging his meal ticket for forgiveness....so shut the hell up lard ass....tatum

VRlover

I saw VR at Mohegan Sun and really enjoyed the show. I had previously seen footage of Scott sounding horrible, but I was not disappointed by his performance. However, if Scott is leaving, I would LOVE to see a Neurotic Outsiders project again. Duff can sing, and bring JT back from Duran Duran.

Petie

Hey Hab, I say this as someone who bought VR's first album but wouldn't really consider himself a fan: most VR fans I know like them DESPITE Scott, not because of him. The big drawcard for VR is not Scott, or Slash, or Duff, or any one member. The main thing is the combination of those three ex Gunners, and the fact that VR is closer to G'n'R than Axl's current line-up is.
I say Scott should go back to making terrible solo albums nobody buys, while VR should get Jizzy Pearl or John Corabi on vocals. Or perhaps it's time to swallow their pride and ignore their personal differences like Van Halen and Motley Crue, and milk that glittery 80s cash cow for all it's worth with a full G'n'R reunion until they get sick of each other and have it out on stage in a hail of whisky bottles.

oyeah1968

Weiland was most likely high as usual. At least Slash had a good run with them. I love "Dirty Little Thing" though. Weilands days are numbered with whoever he plays with. He can't stay sober.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments