Snoop Dogg's Wife

Gin and Juiced

While Driving

6/14/2008 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

061408_snoop_mug2-1Hopefully the Doggfather has some pull at the station.

Snoop's wife, Shante Broadus, was arrested at 12:15 AM PT this morning in Fullerton, Ca. for driving under the influence.

She was released with a citation -- there's no bail needed for DUI arrests in Fullerton.

Snoop and Shante are high school sweethearts.

Auntee Flow

Garyridgway, you are wrong wrong wrong, today's brothers lick everything but postage stamps (cause they are self adhesive now) that was an old taboo, they are realizing that women aren't going to stand for that one sided crap anymore

HasBeens

Unlike you, I believe that this is a REAL issue in the "black" community. That's fine though, I'm not looking to argue with you. I find it interesting that you have a somewhat different opinion about things than I do. However, I think the root of the problem(s) runs much deeper than (to misquote you) "their credibility is based on my being offended." In some cases (like the blogs I see), this may be true, but in others--No. Sometimes the words are used to deliberately offend someone, but many times they are used out of ignorance, and in this instance, I believe it was out of ignorance. Hence my reaction. If I had thought that person was deliberately trying to offend, I wouldn't have gave him the satisfaction of responding to his/her comment. Note he/she didn't respond again; I believe the point was well taken. Therefore, I think my comment was appropriate as well as effective.

Thanks for the History lesson though. It was interesting.

Kelli

Hey FIGHT, how the heck are you?

FIGHT

I know, La Mom. I'm 1/2 black, 1/2 white. Growing up, it was my white mother who taught me not to use those words, and I remember being very confused, thinking "but dad says it all the time".

HasBeens

No Diane. I don't recall those words from social studies. Not being sarcastic, but I don't. It may be because when I was in elementary these sorts of subjects were taboo. However, I do remember a lot of heated debates in my Sociology class in college about certain subjects. But they were interesting discussions that let us learn from one another...although I'm sure some of the people felt uncomfortable talking about these things.

Also, I remember exactly the first time my daughter was exposed to the "N" word. It was in daycare--from one of the caregivers at that. That "p"eed me off and I let her have it (the caregiver) for teaching young children this word. As soon as I found another daycare, I removed my daughter from that one!

Kat

I studied those terms under the anthropology section in our 5th grade social studies class. It is still used today in anthropology in studying the cranium.

Kat

*when I was in 5th grade many years ago*

Kat

Negro and colored are antiquated words which are not used much. My mother used to say "colored" back in the 60s. The United States Census used "colored" up until 1930. It wasn't being used in a hateful manner back then.

Kelli

LOL at Auntee Flow.

FIGHT

Because they were deliberately trying to offend, you just had to be offended?

The use of the N word in the world, and in the black community, is an issue if it genuinely upsets people, but it's just not something you should waste your intellect on. Fix all the major issues and that one will work itself out. Complaining about racial slurs now is like trying to seal off the bottom of your car so the oil won't hit the ground, rather than just fixing the actual leak.

How about the fact that prisoners are counted as residents of whatever county the prison is in, not the community they come from ... meaning the money to help impoverished people isn't going to impoverished neighborhoods. How about ranting about black people receiving harsher sentences in court. But, probably to start, you should help change the fact that low-income housing neighborhoods have the crappiest schools.

What do you do offline to help the cause? I'm just curious.

Kat

Auntie Flow: What is your flow like?
You say: linoleum.

garyridgway

auntee flo,

it ain't from no bro;

once you go white, you KNOW
you've finally been licked right.....

Kelli

hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

juscus

snoop must have ran out of the herb..but damn snoop its time to trade up

garyridgway

auntee flo;

RELAX;

take an aspirin;

but make sure you pick the
cotton out of the bottle first.