Rob Thomas' Savage Wood Pops Up in Court

7/2/2008 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rob Thomas' band may wanna keep their sticks where they belongs -- gripped firmly in their drummer's hands.
Click to read the documents!
Lisa Gelbard is suing Thomas' company Bidnis because she claims a drumstick thrown into the crowd at one of his 2005 solo concerts smacked her in the face -- causing her to suffer a herniated disk.

Lisa's hubby, who's included in the lawsuit and attended the concert with her, says he's suffered "the loss of his wife's services, support, consortium and the care and comfort of her society."

Rob's rep has yet to throw anything our way.

Jennlaw

You have got to be kidding me. That's it, I am going to sue the person in the office next to mine for hitting me with a paper clip that came off of a too-thick stack of papers....

Wow.

Are you effin kidding me? Excuse me while I roll my eyes.

JennInDC

Oh, for Christ's sake! Get a life people! Anything to make a buck. Society is sue happy and it's totally out of control. Sorry, honey, go to a concert, take the risk. Plenty of people have been beaned with stuff at live shows, what makes you so damn special?

JennInDC

PS - if you need money that badly go get a f****** job!

J.

As far as I'm concerned, you're at a concert and bands frequently throw things into the crowd, and if you're there, you are taking the risk, so too bad for you if you weren't paying attention and that something hits you. But unfortunately, people will sue over anything because they think they'll get money...it's sad what this world has come to.

StarrStruck

This is absolutley ridiculous!!!

audra

Stay the F**k home next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!

tmzjunkie

2005? Maybe she hit herself in the head with a drumstick

Uhmm....

Sounds like a money hungry woman desperate for attention trying to prey off an innocent band. I have yet to understand how a drumstick in the face caused a herniated disk - it really makes no sense to me how that can occur - except if the drumstick was as big as maybe a large can of hairspray and weighing three times as much...

puppy balls rock

I LOVE TO KICK THIS BITCH IN THE FACE. LEAVE ROB ALONE YOU LOSER

KELC

Looks like the girl and her husband are looking for free money,they both need to get a job and live in the real world!

Linda

OMG, I should totally sue Rob Thomas for causing me to break out in a feverish sweat, complete with heart palpitations and trembling limbs every time I see him in concert!

dummy

i love Rob Thomas and Matchbox Twenty. This lady is dumb. The End.

BJ

Rob Thomas' savage wood can pop up here anytime he wants!

Sola Di Turno

Well I am seriously considering to sue Matchbox Twenty. I was hit by some confetti during Rob's birthday show in Madison Square Garden and since that day I feel the urge to wear Matchbox tour shirts and that kind of stuff ;-)