Bale Busted for

Alleged Mum-Battering

7/22/2008 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0722-christian-bale-ex-2The Dark Knight just got a whole lot darker.

British police sources tell TMZ Christian Bale has been arrested and is still being grilled on allegations of assaulting his mom and sister Sunday, the night before the London premiere of "The Dark Knight."

Bale went to a London police station this morning by appointment and was arrested there.

The official word from Scotland Yard is that "a 34-year-old male" was taken into custody "in the late morning today" in a police precinct in Central London (Bale is 34). They tell TMZ the allegation emanated from another police agency, but that the incident in question took place in London.

Bale once told E! Online, "If everyone really knew what a jerk I am in real life, I wouldn't be so adored in the slightest."

ArizonaLioness

Sounds batty to me. Who would turn in their own son? Hanger-on family-members wanting money.

Jessie

If it's true, that sucks, however, Christian Bale is still the HOTTEST f*ckin' guy EVER. He can assault me all he wants!!

celebutaunter77

~TheTruth,
Well now, don't you think your a smarty pants! Christian Bale starred in the movie "American Psycho", he played a yuppie serial killer in the 80's. Great movie, fun soundtrack.

Kilmerfan

I agree with you Arizona Lioness I think it might be a case of Hanger-on family-members wanting money by extortion. In fact Bale might be totally innocent in all this. This could be a cry wolf case.

joeylease

Sounds like they wanted a piece of the highly-grossing box-office pie. We don't have both sides of the story-Bale has always seemed to be an upstanding guy-I wouldn't assume he did anything wrong here-also, what kind of mother actually calls the cops to resolve this on her sons biggest night. Even if he did blow up-doesn't sound very supportive. Since this is the first story we've heard, I wouldn't assume he needed tough love just yet....

zombie_hands

he seemed angry on the Today show last week. He was not friendly at all. He's whole vibe was cold.

Tom Cruise has landed

I agree with Joey. I heard that Christian has a sister that is an actress and his mom is also some type of performer. Probably jealous of his huge success.

Carlee

Yeah it def. sounds like a load of bs.

NotJustAnotherName

HOLY BAT-SH*t !!!

Kay

If he's violent his family would have known and should have stayed away from him. Unless, of course, they want in on his fame and fortune, in which case I have no sympathy for them.

Dale

Ledger kills himself and Bale beats up his mother and sister..Exactly what happened on that set?

maggie

Are you people insane? What the hell is wrong with you Americans? A man beats his mother and you make jokes? Shame on the lot of you

Mik

Holy Bat Guano!

Dale

Um Truth..American Psycho is a movie Bale was in dumb_ _ _ .

Kelsey

"10. Um #5 or "Retard Ash", Christian Bale is a Brit not an American so that means he's a British Psycho not American Psycho..."

Um, Christian Bale was in a movie called "American Psycho".

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments