Prostate Cancer Victim

Pissed Off at 'Dr. Phil'

8/6/2008 8:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A man who worked for the "Dr. Phil" show is suing CBS, claiming he was fired because of his prostate cancer.

Martin Barsnack claims the show hired him to do "production work" back in 2006 for $29.42 an hour. Barsnack claims in September of 2007 he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He told his supervisor Loma Renee Tanz he would be taking a leave of absence to undergo treatment.

According to the suit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Barsnack alleges his surgery was delayed, but in November 2007 Tanz told him "Your job is here, take your time."

But Barsnack claims when he was ready to return to work last April, he was told "there was not any work for him."

Barsnack is suing for unspecified damages. We're awaiting a response to an email sent to Paramount.

stan

Well I got fired from a job. when my apendix burst. I had the job for 2 months. My apendix burst. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks. I called in sick told them what was wrong but I got fired anyway

Wilson

Hey LOOK!!! A law suit that does not involve Mini Me... or does it? LMAO

Just my opinion

He was diagnosed in September 2007 and started his leave. The FMLA allows him to take up to 12 weeks off for childbirth, adoption or serious medical condition. This guy took off for 7 months!!! why is he suing? If his surgery was delayed he should have gone back to work until he could have the surgery.

And he should have gone back to work within 3 months of surgery.

He has no case and he makes no sense.

Yourouttagas

Are you friggin' kidding with this guy? He was off longer than he worked for the show. This guy was milking it and got called out on his bs.

Panopticon

Good for you, prostate cancer victim guy. Sue Dr. Phil until his lights pop out.

rachelle

# - stan 39520;
DUH, , IT'S APPENDIX!!! Two "p's" Where did you go to school??? Let me guess, you are from the south.

anonymouss

That title is a little distasteful, don't you think?

skeeter

Hey Mitzi or whoever you are besides a dumb ass. Where are you from, that makes you so intelligent????????

perky

"Barsnack"...are you serious? "Barsnack"?? He ought to be suing his father for that name.

MJ ROCKS

Good! Corporate America is EVIL!! I hope he wins big! It's time Americans fought back against the whores in Corporate America! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

MJ ROCKS

To #3. You're wrong. Uhhh, have you heard of Short term and Long-term disability? The FMLA is generally without pay after you use your time, etc. Most likely, this guy was on Short or long-term disability. Have a heart! Wait...let me guess...you are one of the CORPORATE WHORES that is destroying this nation, right? Jerk.

rachelle

#7 - skeeter
I'm from California with a BA, masters and PhD. You can call me "doctor."
But I learned to spell in grade school!

rachelle

#7 - skeeter
I'm from California with a BA, masters and PhD. You can call me "doctor."
But I learned to spell in grade school!

just wondering

all I know is....I ordered pizza and enjoyed it...please continue! hahaha

Joanne

That is absolutely horrible for that poor man. I pray he wins ALOT OF MONEY...!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments