MTV's Real World Deforestation Challenge

9/13/2008 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Contrary to the goals of the MTV's current Green Crusade, the most recent MTV "Real World/Road Rules" challenge -- which premiered last week -- seems to pit competing teams against each other in an effort to wreak the most havoc on Panamanian rainforests.

The devastation left behind once the shoot wrapped was described in a recent article from the Tree Climber's Coalition. They say MTV left the formerly pristine area riddled with trash, unstruck sets, and even discarded scripts for the so-called "reality" series.

Apparently when MTV execs see green, they're not looking at the environment.

Calls to MTV were not immediately returned.

Janice

This is disqusting......................Time to cancel Real world...................

Gigi

This show is so lame...They put them on an island "survivor" style with almost nothing AND BOOZE...because they know these people are so uninteresting, they must be drunk to make the show slightly watchable

cbus

Go EERS!

SwordsWoman

M-TV should be ashamed of themselves!

Heatherwoj

Yeah barely any food but plenty of Booze!!
Those shows are the worst of the worst...and I cant take my eyes off of them.
Maybe part of a challenge should of been "Ok now take down your shelter and properly disguard the scraps"...

F*CK MTV!
with thier fake reality shows that hypnotize children...

chin chin

Thanks MTV! You are a CLASSIC example of Hollywood, Liberal Hypocracy & their excessive lifestyles....."Do as I say, not as I do" mentality. They may have more credibility if they lived by their credo.

Just a FEW of their contributions: Hot air (from their big mouths), private jets, movie sets with explosives and fires, idling SUVs, large homes pumping air conditioning & heat, multiple homes and apartments, never wearing an article of clothing more than once.... & now add deforestation to the list. Congrats :-)

Side note: Matt Damon, you should take a break from your silly spy movies. They create an unelievable amount of carbon emissions. How deep is your carbon footprint?.....hmmm?? You're a complete azz and total hypocrite.....

"ROCK THE VOTE" :-)

Mik

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around but MTV to hear it,does it make a sound?

eJay

This is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever witnessed. The producers as well as any other employee that were involved should surely be fired. If MTV has any common sense they whould act fast to save asses'. This is a serious matter and with the concerns over sustainable issues reaching its climax, why the hell... I'll just say MTV= Moron Television.

Danny

Hey Mik,
It does make a sound but you woun't hear it over the noise of the chainsaw.
Hehe

noitall

THIS IS BEYOND DESPICABLE!!! FINE THE BITCHES AND SEND THEM BACK TO CLEAN UP AND THEY NEED TO MAKE A SUBSTANTIAL DONATION TO "Save the Rain Forest" !!!!

START CALLING AND EMAILING MTV ADVERTISERS AND BOYCOTT THE CHANNEL !!!

Steph

Truly appalling....time to boycott MTV!! Clean up your act!! Go GREEN!!!

Big Red

Back in the 90's we had an Earth Day demonstration at a local school. When it finally ended all they left was their trash. I know because I had to help clean it up.

moveover

This is so typical of BS environmentalist hypocrits!

Pat

What a shame! I'm from Panama, now living in the US. If I could get my hands on these folks I'd make them clean it up!!!

Melissa

Shameful. I bet the all support Obama.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments