Abdul's Obsessed Fan OD'd There Before

11/12/2008 4:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Paula Goodspeed, who died of a possible drug overdose/suicide last night, overdosed in the exact same area around one year ago.

We're told cops were called to Paula Abdul's house -- either late last year or early this year -- and found Goodspeed inside her car, unconscious from a drug overdose.

Sources say Goodspeed suffered from "extreme mental illness" that spun out of control in the last two years.

Goodspeed, who was obsessed with Abdul, frightened the "A.I." judge -- LAPD's Threat Management division took the case and there was an active investigation. We're told lots of people tried to get Goodspeed help, but it was all to no avail.

Prince Von A-Hole

Ah that was perfect timing for TMZ Just when the Hudson story was wearing thin a new story to run into the ground. Maybe a new record is in order. I counted 17,569,845 posts on Hudson so youve got your work cut out Harv.

How long before the malicous stories blaming Paula Abdul start aye Harv

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

Very sad - both of them are at peace now.

Fan Since 2007!!!

Guess who's next?

That creepy dude who sang that creepy song to Paula that creeped out Simon and co. I'd say...

Twinker

Crazy attracts Crazy like a moth is attracted to a bare light bulb.
I'm glad Paula is safe.

ANGELA

Let this woman soul rest in peace and stop posting this sh@t. Your not getting any hits on this story a woman died let soul R.I.P damn. Let it go any exciting news not depressing stuff.

Fan Since 2007!!!

You beat me to it, Tangina,

During Britney's meltdown I couldn't believe the mass of screaming whackjobs that came out the woodworks

Like sticks to like

ANGELA

You need to layoff whoever keeps harping on this story again a woman died crazy over Paula Adul so what we get it let her R.I.P.
I think you did enough blogs on this I gonna retire from here for the day if one more story about this comes up. Get some new news something funny this is not. Poor taste TMZ.

Fan Since 2007!!!

Thank God for the ones that take themselves out before hurting others

barry Gordy is genius

Instead of overdosing on drugs, she should've overdosed on this pimpin'.

BigFrizz

Anyone who commits suicide will never have a soul that will rest in peace. Those who choose to take their own lives will live forever in limbo (or perhaps hell). But never again will she have peace.

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

A person with mental illness that causes them to take their own life died as a result of their disease, same as cancer. They will not be in limbo.

ME123

The bible says, thou shalt not kill. That includes yourself. This person is definitely not in limbo. Unless she had a brief moment to call out to God, she woke up in hell. What a sad situation!

chrissstopher

i guess she straight up and told her that she really wanted to love her forever... oh oh oh!

Reta

Glad the nutjob did herself in before she took others out like some of these other freak stalkers do. I don't have any pity for them, drugs, mental illness, who cares? Mt mother was one of them, tried to gas me and my brother 7 sister when I was 2, my dad came home in time and savedd us and she went off to the nuthouse. She got out in time to birth ANOTHER kid five years later and desert HER on a motel bed to go drinking. Luckily the baby was heard screaming and saved. She NEVER sought help but went thru her whole life damaging all those who would have loved her. No pity party here.

Mr. X