Obsessed Fan's Car a Fixture in Paula's Hood

11/12/2008 2:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A neighbor of Paula Abdul's tells TMZ she saw the car belonging to the deceased obsessed fan of Paula Abdul several times over the last few weeks.

The woman says she generally saw the car in the early mornings, and the woman inside -- who died near Paula's home last night -- would just sit. Neighbors thought she might be a paparazzo.

The neighbor also said cops came out to deal with it a few months back, to no avail.

As we reported earlier, the car had a license plate that read "ABL LV" and a picture of Paula hanging from the rear-view mirror. The woman was a contestant on the fifth season of "Idol."

audra

so sad!

Adrienne

Maybe this can be a wake up call for Paula, she does seem stoned all the time. Of course, she could just use this as an excuse to be even more messed up.

Lee

This isn't the first incident of an emotionally unstable contestant falling apart after public rejection. The nontalent episodes are funny but the truth is that some of those people truly believe in their ability and are not in the right frame of mind or prepared for such in your face rejection. If only there was some way for AI to evaluate their contestants emotional strength......probably too daunting with so many entries.

Eww

This is actually pretty sad. People laugh at the 'rejects' on idol, but what happens to them when they go home and their families and friends see the show? I can't imagine how embarrassed I would be! They need to try something new because seven years of putting these people through hell is enough. I was with everyone else in the beginning and thought it was funny, but enough is enough. They are people, too, and we see where this level of rejection can do to people. I don't think I'll be watching the show this year for this reason. I like all the judges and I appreciate what they do, but I wish they could do it in a more sensitive way instead of making fun of them...especially for something like having braces!

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

This is really sad and though I am not a fan of Paula's, I am sorry she has to deal with all of this from a very unbalanced woman. I see her profile said she is wiccan - she seems to have had a very loose grip on reality, especially in her Idol episode. Ah well, takes all kinds.....even the nutty ones.

Mike Hawk

Good riddance. Her headstone should read "I was a no-talent loser and I couldn't handle it."

America is dripping with these over-codled, self-obsessed crybabies. Too bad they can't all go the same route...and soon!

Goldie Hand

she was hot, I'd tap that

wise1

What is wrong with people today??????????? R u people serious when you suggest that shows like Idol should do mental evaluations or somehow protect people from who? Themselves? Auditioning for shows like Idol where you showcase your talent or lack thereof is totally up to the contestants. So people can't handle rejection so they do what -- kill themselves? What happened to taking full responsibility for your own happiness or lack thereof? Boy we live in a country full of wusts. This is so nuts. It is sad and perhaps unfortunate that this young lady has passed on in a car in front of a strangers house because what, she was a huge fan of Paula's. Paula Abdul is a celebrity, ever heard of taking that for face value. What was Paula suppose to do. What did this young lady expect of Paula? This is so nuts!!!!!

Prince Von A-Hole

Ah that was perfect timing for TMZ Just when the Hudson story was wearing thin a new story to run into the ground. Maybe a new record is in order. I counted 17,569,845 posts on Hudson so youve got your work cut out Harv.

Prince Von A-Hole

How long before the malicous stories blaming Paula Abdul start aye Harv.

CandyMcCane

Paula had neck surgery when she was 17 years old and has lived in constant pain ever since. She just underwent another surgery in August. She has four titanium plates in her neck, and has had 14 surgeries over the years. I'd like to all of you who belittle her live with the pain she's been living with for the past 29 years. Paula honey, you ROCK!!

Buster

"Straight up tell me do you really want to love me forever". See, Paula was practically taunting her. Paula, how can you live with yourself. The guilt. You are so "cold hearted". She will now be "forever your girl".

Al P.R.

It is sad to see these folks we read about in the news become obsessed with movie stars or celebrities. What's missing in their person? What about the parents or family members who are seeing this and not doing something to make the individual realize that this is compulsive obsession is damaging? In part I blame the family.

Smax

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is ...being Wiccan has nothing to do with one's grip on reality or anything to do with this at all.

Aaron

That chick pwnt herself. I bet she's like "wtf? i didn't respawn?".

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments