Chris Brown Investigated

For Alleged Assault

2/8/2009 7:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alleged AssaultLaw enforcement sources tell TMZ Chris Brown is being investigated by the LAPD in an alleged assault on a female.

According to police, Brown and a woman whom cops refuse to identify were arguing inside a vehicle around 12:30 this morning when suddenly things allegedly turned violent.

Cops say they received a 911 call, and when they arrived they noticed the woman had visible injuries. We're told she then identified Brown as her attacker. Cops say Brown had left the scene by the time police arrived.

Cops say they are looking to speak with Brown and may arrest him when they find him.

When we called reps for Brown's girlfriend, Rihanna, for a statement, her people told us, "Rihanna is well. Thank you for your concern and support."

UPDATE
: Grammy officials have just announced that Rihanna will neither perform on the show tonight -- as scheduled -- nor walk the red carpet for the event. The same announcement has been made about Chris.

Story developing...

Brian W.

"Poor fellow. He got mixed up with a Third World Witch. Wow. She drove him to the edge with her controlling azz! He shoulda stuck to the fine American-bred girls instead of that Islander trash."

jo

I just wanted to tell luvmykids67 to STFU.

WTF are you the HIPPA police?

Bentley

I love you both, and sincerely hope there is no truth to this story. Hang in there Rihanna Barbados loves you no matter what, remeber there is no place like home. God bless

Leticia Cabrera

Wait, is it her he beat up? Or is it someone else?

72_smiles

SOOO much I would like to say - I'll keep it short. I persoanlly like them both and have nothing bad to say about either. If they argued and he hit her (whoever "her" is) and she did NOT initiate the violance, there is NO EXCUSE. You don't throw a punch at a woman. HOWEVER - I also believe that if a woman starts beating on a man - she has opened up the can of worms. Of course it is ALWAYS better to walk away - but sometimes even the best person can only be pushed so far.

1) There is always TWO sides to everey story. I'm not condoning abuse - in ANY situation - but I've seen women file reports of abuse against a man - when in reality it was an equally matched fight that she started, or on occasion, she inflicted obvious injuries to herself to get him in trouble - I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN. I'm not saying that is what happened here- just sayin' don't be TOO quick to judge. 2) Abuse isn't a race related crime. I'm white - my grandfather beat my grandmother regularly - and brutally. Fortunately my mom was wise and married a very even tempered man - who rarely even raises his voice - even to his kids. Even more fortunate - I learned from the stories that I heard - and never let a man beat on me - if i saw signs that made it clear it could escalate to that - I walked away. Domestic violance does NOT have race boundaries.

I also agree with the other people on here - white black or somewhere in between - who are offended by the racism. Making racist comments about THIS particular situation - only shows your ignorance, your lack of self constraint - and makes anyone white look as foolish as you, so please, bite your tongue and keep the racial slurs to yourself. I will also say that my abusive grandfather was extremely racist - and from what I have seen - racist personalities seem more likely to be disrespectful and abusive towards their own friends and family - therefore from your comments about it being a "black" thing is equivalent to the pot calling the kettle black. :) please keep the racist comments to yourself - It makes all white people look ignorant.

swoove

barrack obama is a socialist pig like hitler, marx, stalin. he is a piece of garbage who has made this great country so much weaker already. All he did is receive votes from da biggest fools , idiotic lazy unproductive people this country has and they showed up in perspective. fools no fools those same fools dont even care about nor understand politics they are the most undereduacated, and dont even understand nor care about benifits of education

Sparticus

their animals anyway ,let them lose their souls!

samantha..

IS THAT PIC NEW?????????
:O:O:O

gumby

TNB plain and simple TNB!! At least there were two less thugs on the show!

old school daddy

Tired of all those so called rappers. they are giving a true black men a bad name. they act like wild barbarians no class. they sing songs that go on and on about nothing. just on and on about nothing.

Phil Mickelson Fan

The "no air" Comment #9 by Studio really made me laugh. Thanks Studio.

This is appalling. Now Chris Brown has to go to REHAB.

Chicago Legend

To the guy that called her "Islander Trash" you are the real trash. What an ignorant biggot! You're also dumb as hell to consider Barbados a Third World country, it's apparent that you've never been.
On to the issue at hand....I am shocked to see people defend Chris Brown for this. If he assaulted Rihanna then he is the one in the wrong, not her. Is she insecure? Who knows? Not you, so stop having to much faux insight into the lives of people that you don't even know. Even if she is insecure or controlling, does that give him the right to lay hands on her? I think not! Let the evidence speak for itself. This is not the first time that Chris Brown has allegedly gotten physical with a woman. Back in 2007 an African heiress, Khanyi Mbau claimed that she got into a scuffle with him because she didn't want to go to his hotel room. All I have to say is that it doesn't look good, and those old claims are starting to have weight behind them.

Net

#166 get a life azzhole what Obama have to do with this, again this is about domestic violence. Please get a life he's in office not you,

Danni

My mom just saw on the news that the unidentifed woman was Rihanna.

LEXii

OKAY LETZ B REAL...DO U RLLY THiNK HiM...OF ALL PPLZ...WULD DO SOMETHiNG LiKE THT i MEAN RLLY

iTZ ALL RiHANNA
SHE WUZ PROB DONE WiT HiM&&WANTED TO GO B A LiL HOEE SOMEWHEREZ ELSE
SO BEFORE SHE LEFT HiM SHE WANTED SOME MONEY...SO THiZ iZ HERE iDEA...

SO MMM...COPZ GROWN SOME BRAiNZ&&GO AFTER THE REALL HOEE....i MEAN CRiMiNAL...RiHANNA