Chris Brown Arrested

Caught On Tape

2/9/2009 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown has officially been booked into the custody of the Los Angeles Police Department. He was driven to the station by high-powered attorney Mark Geragos.

Brown has been charged with one count felony criminal threats. His bail has been set at $50,000. He is still being investigated for a possible battery.

Geragos' past clients include Michael Jackson, Winona Ryder and Scott Peterson.

UPDATE 11:42 PM EST: TMZ has learned Chris paid his bail and was released.

videos

Chris Brown Arrested

Story developing...

Next Phenom

What The Hell!!!! He is so freakin talented untill he got with her. I mean as soon as they were out together he just started to slip!! Hopefully they get it figured out!! But Chris stop being an idiot dont even touch a woman!!! and Rihanna or whoever the woman is I hope your O.K. and you leave his ass!!!!!!!

angela

you can't even see who is in the car. and why is he considered guilty before being tried?

diamondprincess09

i think rihanna lyin on chris brown so she can be in the media like every one else. chris brown needs a real woman not a scary lil girl like rihanna but i don't even kno wut happen 4real but rihanna jus stupid 2 me. the only thing i kno iz chris brown turned hisself in and the girl dat wu n the car wuz rihanna . I jus wanna kno what were they arguing about ?

me so hot

FREE CHRIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOLZZ

WE HEAR EVERYTHING THAT HE DID.........NOW LETS HEAR WAT RIHANNA

THERE IS THREE SIDE TO A STORY.....HIS SIDE HER SIDE AND THE TRUTH

Chelss

Hahahaha, I love how questions were being asked, no way in HELL he was going to answer them :P

brittany

Chris Brown is an animal, I hope they throw the book at him! Ill never buy his music again! I cant stand men who hit women, its tottaly unexepable!

silence

Individual with money, seems to think they are untouchable. Regarding to this incident, there is always two sides to a story. I have seen women hit themselves, as well as make false allegations to prosecute there spouse. I really hope this is not the case. there are to many woman really needing someone to believe them when in crisis, I pray for both of them, as well as hoping this is not a money scandal. this economy is very disruptive

DannyMastersonlover

wtf chris brown doesn't weigh 195 pounds...or am i seeing wrong????

tazz

Everyone keeps talking about Chris Brown's squeaky image, like he is not human. I don't agree with violent acts towards women or men, but if his image was all that clean then something must have been really really messed up for him to go off the way he did. On Big Boy in the Neighborhood radio station I heard that she told him that she might have given him HERPES! I might slap a b!t@h on my first reaction. Either way her wrong if he did abuser her and she is wrong if she expected a shrud of the shoulders if in fact that was the reason for his reaction! I'm just sayin'

elyse saporta

duuuuuuuude. i wanna see how rihanna looks now. i heard she got a black eye.

but guyss calm down, give them some space dont tell them what they should or shouldnt do to either of them

its their life not yourss!

Mz_Jackie_Bhalla38

I honestly feel that this is what everyone does they hear the info and make prejudged comments before all the news is out and its true they are stars but they are also human just like you and i so to assume that makes them super human or anything else but normal people is silly on our part the only difference with them is that they are in the lime light and they got alot of money but they put they pants on the same way we do with that being said now let me say this .... NO she dont deserve to be hit if that is what actually happen ... and NO he is not a coward or jerk or joke ... who cares she or he is the most important thing to me is to figure out why did he make the decision he did if he did hit her .. why wasnt it a option to just walk away ....or why didnt she just walk away ...thats the problem with this society today people dont know how to just bury they pride and let things go and walk away ...instead they act on impulse judgements and they end up like T.I. .... and numerous others in the lime light and then they find better judgement ....well irreguardless to me long as they find it ....so i say think first then make a better jdugement.

Meg

im a fan of both their music, but common sense would show anyone with a heart that this was a stupid move on his part! regardless of what dedicated fans say, hes a sick bastard for putting his hands on a woman.

monika

this is sooo sad
i was watching the news and this subject came on and they were talking about his past when he was younger
his step father abused him and his mom
i think that could have something to do ith this
but overall i would never see someting like this coming from him
it makes me sad
i still look at him the same way bcus everybody makes mistakes and this is his first
so i think everyone shold cut him some slck hes ony 19
thats my opinion

ale

duh...oviously she got herpes for whoring around....plus shes fugly n looks like a man....

monika

OKAY PEOPLE

IT WASNT RIHANNA THAT HE HIT!!!
DAMNN