Chris Brown Arrested

Caught On Tape

2/9/2009 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown has officially been booked into the custody of the Los Angeles Police Department. He was driven to the station by high-powered attorney Mark Geragos.

Brown has been charged with one count felony criminal threats. His bail has been set at $50,000. He is still being investigated for a possible battery.

Geragos' past clients include Michael Jackson, Winona Ryder and Scott Peterson.

UPDATE 11:42 PM EST: TMZ has learned Chris paid his bail and was released.

videos

Chris Brown Arrested

Story developing...

Annette

#46 - actually those photogs probably just got released from another Country - if you catch my meaning. It's probably challenging to ask intelligent questions in a language they're only remotely familiar with.

Annette

#54 IS A SPAN BITCH.

anthony

sweeet

memo

Never judge a book by it's cover. The reason why things like this get exposed to the public randomly is because God is trying to show people that all the glam, hype, a image people portray is not what it really looks like. It is not what it seems. No one really knows what goes on behind closed doors, and now it is exposed. Sad story,

NievaDaDiva

DAMN CHRIS DAMN...........................

tmz

He has been releadsed and his court date is for next month. It is all listed on inmate information cente. Too bad this is happening. They SEEMED to be such a cute, caring couple.

wtf

He threatened her he didn't hit her. Typical the story gets spin to get hits.

MyOpinion

Didn't she have visible bruising when the officers arrived? That is not a threat, that's doing physical harm and my god, just threatening someone does not constitute domestic violence, felony battery charges and $50,000 bail. You can't be arrested because someone said you did something. That's only hearsay. There had to be visible evidence that this woman was telling the truth.

Kassie

LISTEN HERE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPEND THERE WOULD BE HIM AND THE WOMAN NOT ANY OF US SO FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING THINGS TO BUT HIM DOWN AND THAT HE SHOULD OF GOT MORE THEN THAT WELL U DON'T NO WHAT REALLY HAPPEND ...SO JUST LET IT BE LET HIM BE I AM SURE HE FEEL'S BAD FOR WHAT HAS HAPPEND BUT HE DOES NOT NEED PEOPLE SAYING THINGS ABOUT HIM AND PUTTING HIM DOWN EVEN MORE .... I MYSELF KNOW THAT HE IS A SWEET HEART , LOVING PERSON AND CARING GUY AND WOULDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT PUTTING HIS HANDS ON A WOMAN .. SO SOMETHING MUST OF REALLY HAD TO HAPPEND THAT SOMEONE IS NOT SAYING THAT HAD MADE HIM REALLY UPSET OR MAYBE THE WOMAN HIT HIM FRIST AND HE WAS TRYING TO BLOCK IT AND SOME HOW SHE GOT HIT NOONE REALLY KNOWS BUT HIM AND HER OR SOMETHING ELES HAPPEN THAT PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ... BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS NOMATTER WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT HIM I BELIEVE IN HIM AND HIM AND WILL NEVER LEAVE HIS SIDE I WILL ALWAYS BE A TRUE FAN TO HIM AND WILL STAND UP FOR HIM ..... BECAUSE YOU ALL KNOW THAT SOMETIME IN YOUR LIFE'S YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING THAT YOU WISH TO THIS DAY THAT YOU DIDN'T DO AND I CAN TELL YOU THIS I MYSELF BEING A 19 KNOW I HAVE AND I WISH I COULD TAKE IT BACK BUT YOU CAN'T ALL YOU CAN DO IS KNOW THAT THE NEXT TIME NOT TO DO IT THAT WAY TAKE A NOTHER WAY TO DEAL WITH WHAT EVER IT WAS THAT HAPPEND ..... SO YOU CAN SAY ALL YOU WENT ABOUT THIS BUT I KNOW MYSELF THAT THIER IS ONLY TWO PEOPLE THAT KNOW THE TRUE THING THAT HAPPEND CHRIS BROWN AND THE WOMAN .... AND I KNOW MYSELD BEING A WOMAN THAT IT'S NOT ALWAYS THE GUYS THAT START STUFF IT GOES BOTH WAYS AND I BELIEVE IN FOR GIVEING SOMEONE FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE .....

LOVE YOU CHRIS BROWN AND DON'T WORRIE ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY OR TRY AND DO TO PUT YOU DOWN BECAUSE NOMATTER WHAT YOU WILL STILL HAVE MY FAMILY AND MYSELF BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY AND WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU AS A FAN ....

Pixelz

You know at least he DID what needed to be done.. And CRIMINAL THREATS... that DOES NOT MEAN HITTING!!! All you psycho haters need to give it a rest. He didnt hit that trick... and NO I do not believe it was RHI-Rhi either. Just some groopy wanting her 15 minutes of fame.... And so say what you want but history shows stupid tricks will lie about a situation just to get noticed... We won't be paying attention to the next wacko chick who says " I was the girl he was mean to.. " I just hope no media outlet gives this lying stupid skank any air time.... Thanks to losers like this... people's lives are rouined... And BTW IT WAS NOT RHIANNA!!!!DUH!!!!

K

Ok for all of you idiots who are saying he didn't hit her- A FELONY CRIMINAL THREATENING CHARGE INCLUDES PHYSICAL VIOLENCE. It is a felony and not a misdemeanor charge because there was physical contact. My guess is that he wasn't charged with battery because his attorney is Mark Geragos and they wanted a charge that would stick.

K

Criminal Threatening:

"In most U.S. jurisdictions, the crime remains a misdemeanor unless a deadly weapon is involved or actual violence is committed, in which case it is usually considered a felony."

He was charged with a felony = he hit her.

Me

Okay, the loser has now retained Geragos and nothing else will happen tonight.

Is there a TMZ staffer in Brazil right now, or is that too much to ask?

Who Caresss!!!

LOL, Mark Geragos is Brown's defense attorney?? last I checked he lost the last few cases he defended. Cya in prison Chris! Life's a bitch isn't it..

Ashley

I think it's really sad that his "fans" are trying to defend him.

People need to realize that celebrities aren't saints. Most of them do drugs, etc...

It's like people who are fans of Tom Cruise who refuse to believe he's gay. Whatever...