« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

A-Roid Confesses -- Cheater, Cheater, Cheater

2/9/2009 4:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alex "The Fraud" Rodriguez just 'fessed up to taking performance-enhancing drugs while playing for the Texas Rangers during a three-year period beginning in 2001.

A-Rod: Click to watch
Cheater Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons, "When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day."

Liar Rodriguez continued, "Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time."

Ruiner of Sports Rodriguez also said, "I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."

Blah, blah, blah cheater.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mtk

Let's make this clear...steroids had been banned in baseball since 1991 when they were made illegal by Congress. It's just that they weren't tested for until 2003. So they were both banned and illegal at the time he was doing them. Like most baseball fans, I have really mixed feelings about this, but let's at least have the facts straight before debating them.

montereyliving

Well I think its time to step-off Bonds. A-Rod is the biggest dope head of them all. Classy

Sanity

Lets call him A-ROID

cowbulls

The only question left is how many years of “lifetime stats” have to be removed from this disgusting steroid and HGH era? I say Henry Aaron has the lifetime HR record.

Ryoichi Morita

It should be expected from a guy who calls himself a Rod. How else is he supposed to maintain his rod?

Race Fan

oh brother

You gotta give it to this *player for choosing to fess up during the Chris Brown/Rihanna scandal. Nice heavy curtains to hide behind Mr.* lol

Gypsy

33. Wow you guys are tough! So I take it none of you have ever made a mistake? None of you wish you can take something back that you did? Haven't you ever been so ashamed of something and denied that you did it? Forgive and forget!

Posted at 3:34PM on Feb 9th 2009 by Adrienne

Yes we all make mistakes but we don't profit off our drug use by raking in millions of dollars off a professional contract, endorsement deals and public appearances.

That's like saying if I start taking Acid and Ecstacy to highten my design skills and charge 10x's as much for services, its ok. I doubt it.

ps. I know I'm a screw up.. I'd love to be a politician but because of my past, there is no way I'd stay out of the gossip columns.

BW

What difference does it make he will get a slap on his wrist. It is disgraceful how these athletes get away with everything an illegal drug is an illegal drug and if they want to start enforcing harsher punishments now is the time Kids look up to these athletes more then any Celeb so make them be accountable for there actions bad or good whats the difference in a month we will see him on the cover of the sports section and they will be praising him so I think for our kids sake hold them responsible and the NFl has bigger prob;ems then any other sports orginization they need to crack that whip

Lorrrrra

wtf Alex, you're suppose to represent! you're making us look bad especially after to you started seeing Madonnas ancient ass! but F the Red Sox! [:

kanorhar

No suprise for us here in Seattle. Alex lost any respect from us when he left the Mariners. Remember he said he was not going for the highest bid and it was not about the money. Humm, he did take the highest bid and it was all about the money. He was a liar then so what makes you think he changed? He lied to his fans in Seattle, Texas and NY. He cheats on his wife. I have no respect for this player, but he has lived up to every expectation so far that it is all about him and what he wants. He has no morles, but he will get slapped on the hand and be allowed to play.

Hill

Dude. who would want to cheat on frickin' madonna anyways? what a dumbass.

nenab

Hey, they sent Marion Jones to prison for lying and took her medals away. Why not do the same to all these other athletes.

Why because she is a woman. Not fair at all.

k

I think that he should lose all his records and not be allowed in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Also, he should be made to look at Madonna NAKED......

1980 days ago

There is no such thing as reality tv

Gee, what a shock. Another baseball player on "enhancement drugs". I think we should just assume most pro players have tried steroids ect and call it a day.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments