Chris Brown: So Sorry

2/15/2009 4:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownIt only took Chris Brown a week since we broke the story of his alleged beatdown of Rihanna to release a statement... but here it is.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person. Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong. While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writing under my name are frauds."

A spokesperson for Rihanna declined to comment.

lourdes

no..ua..hes just saying that so ppl can think hes a nice guy and i bet he didnt even mean what he said.If you ask me hes a loooser.Whoever likes him is gay alright.rihanna should get a restraining order for CB c ya

Kara

That's great, Chris. But your friends and pastor can't help you the way a professional psychologist can. You need SERIOUS anger management counseling and to come to terms with whatever it is from your childhood, perceived or real, that is holding you down. Trust me, I tried to deal with my own issues the easy way for 2 years and ultimately my marriage fell apart and I had a breakdown. No matter how good your friends are, noboy has the objectivity and training that a therapist does. While I never hit my ex-husband, we were in an emotionally abusive relationship and the scars can be just as real. Get professional help STAT, and don't EVER raise your fist again.

Respect

It's so funny how people are so quick to judge Chris Brown before actually knowing all the facts on what happened that night. When are you people who feed off the media and other people's lives gonna stop and ask yourself..."Is this even any of my business?" It's too bad he's human and he may actually have issues just like all of you who seem to be so self righteous. How about you all try this... STAY OUT OF CHRIS BROWN'S BUSINESS !!!!

You weren't there and if you haven't spoken to Rihanna to know exactly what happened...why don't you get back to your own life. Put down the magazines, the computer and turn off the television...Do something constructive and stop trying to live in a famous person's light.

Aliss

His statement sounded to edjimicated to be coming from his mouth.

TKay

I am not happy with what happened at all and though I have always loved Chris Brown's music and his "image" I am appalled at any man that finds it necessary to prove his "manhood" by hitting any woman. However, I just want people to know that as a victim of domestic violence once, try to understand that the abuser's apology is always sincere as far as he is concerned. But, if abuse was ever a part of his history, he does not really know himself where the circle ends. Hey CB, you are a talented young man and I do hope that you can overcome this, but you may want to take a few years and start dealing with the internal issues you have slid under that rug your whole life. The cycle has to stop somewhere and why not let it end with you.
One.

Angel1461

I Still LOVE you chris brown!!!!!!!Your still awesome and i still love your music!

Dee

He needs to go to the Tool Academy!

eyes glued opened

Want til Chris gets to meet his cell MATE..... He'll be beat'n on something..... He'll be made the B%$&tch he is.... Grab dem ankles little itty man.......punk!

Fabian Starr

You don't hit a woman, but since he is the child of abuse what do u expect? And Rhianna is just as guilty for letting this ass do this to her. When you grow up in a home of abuse, you play it out in your personal lives, These are 2 people who come from abusive backgrounds. So the real people to blame are their parents. Let this be a lesson to those who come from abusive homes, get help, and trust in yourself, love yourself first, then love someone else!

CYNTHIA

He has to mean what he says and it doesn't matter how long it took him to come out and make a statement .. i mean has rihanna came out and made a statement ... WE ARE ONLY HUMMAN WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES .....

AJ2000

he probably hits her all the time. he just sorry he got caught this time. its just like ike and tina turner, ike beat the hell out of tina. youve seen the movie. tina was ok with it for a while. no big deal

E

For everyone complaining about how long it took for CHrist Brown to comment on the Facebook and MySpace insinuations, it's called having a life. You know, that one thing that everyone does every once in a while that doesn't invovle overanalyzing a human being's defense mechanism?

It's plain and simple, really. He reacted in a way that triggered his actions, Rihanna didn't supply Chris with the "I have AIDS" card. If the two determining factors would have been satiated, we wouldn't have this. Furthermore, we wouldn't have the list of people complaining about how long it took for Chris Brown to explain himself. Those same people would wonder why Rihanna didn't explain her side of the story before they had sex. =)

Imotay

how could he do dat 2 her??

thesmartone

I don't why people are so negative toward Chris Brown when
there's so much abuse going on out there between couples.
Sometimes it's worse than this. Why don't we chastize them?
Leave Chris Brown alone. He's only human.
It's sad how people put him up on a pedistal and then throw
him away at their disposal as if they are so prior to everyone else
that they feel the right to do so.

CuttheCrap

Please! He beat her down. Now his people will try to hush it up and then the fans of Chris will continue to buy his music and we can just watch the cycle repeat itself. He's a dumbass!