Chris Brown: So Sorry

2/15/2009 4:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownIt only took Chris Brown a week since we broke the story of his alleged beatdown of Rihanna to release a statement... but here it is.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person. Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong. While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writing under my name are frauds."

A spokesperson for Rihanna declined to comment.

kingo

lets give him chance
noone really knows what happen lets wait untill she actually comes out and says he
put his hands on me give the kid a break

Gutierrez

I think he's only sorry he got caught! Young Boy You mest up! NO MAN SHOULD HURT NO WOMAN! PERIOD.

al

worst part is the a-hole is not even sorry...he´s just worried cos people wont forgive him for this ..ROT IN JAIL WOMAN BEATER!

Trachelle Brown

well i say everything happens for a reason and i kno that everything wasn't his fault im not sayin that what he did was right but sometimes you dont kno what people have gone through.To be honest i'ts not his fault all the way but maybe he just needs some counseling and things will get better!!!!!CHRIS IM BEHIND YOU ALL DA WAY LOVE U YA BIGGEST FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stand up

I don't care what she did. Real men don't hit women. What a Coward!!!

gemlady

the87man- she must of done something... girls like to provoke .. she must be some kind of drama queen.. screw dem girls and rhianna and gay z

OK idiot.. let's just hope you don't have a daughter...and if you do, god forbid if it happens to her.. will your comment apply to her as well?

Amanda Womack

Well i want to say Chris all u can do is pray and ask god to forgive for what u have done, but i knw eveybody have there up's and downs,but hitting a women is not going to fix anything,only make things worst. I love u and i forgive u and hope u and ur family are ok.Amanda

KLGAviation

I like how celebrities NEVER take accountability for their actions. You're sorry over "what transpired"?If you're sorry, say you're sorry for what you DID.

Ree

I really think it's more to the story. That's why it's a hush hush situation. There'e never an excuse for abuse. My beliefs are that some cheating occurred and something was spread..um yea.. and ultimately transpired the situation.

klgjjn77

What a big douche bag, he should try that on a man if he is so tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Sisqo

Only a bitch hits a woman... nooit my man ... nooit

Angela

Everybody is sayin what took so long for him to put this out to the public, people have to realize he has to be carefull what he says cause when it goes to court they can definitely use it against him. I bet mark gargos has a tight leash on what he can say as well.! it really legal. It would not have been a good idea for him to put this apology out in the first few days after the attack, i kno it sound crazy but it a legal thing.

jen jen

what an ass! HE IS A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A MAN

wow

wow rihanna got f**k up... chris browns sorry is all bs

Fireman Zo

Thought he was a player....got caught, and couldnt handle it so he flipped out! Thats basically what happened. Instead of him playing it cool like i would have did, he panic and hit her...i guess he figured, "if i cant have her, nobody can!"...i dony know lol..