« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance's Dopey Bike Stealers Caught On Tape

2/16/2009 4:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lance ArmstrongThe idiots who stole Lance Armstrong's bicycle better learn how to runstrong and hidestrong, 'cause it looks like cops are hot on their two-wheeled trails.

The Sacramento PD told us the thieves that jacked Lance's one-of-a-kind bike after a race this weekend -- along with 3 other bikes belonging to his racing teammates -- were caught yellow handed on multiple surveillance cameras.

We're told a combination of video evidence and witness information has given the fuzz enough ammo to put together a list of suspects.

After his bike was stolen, Lance posted a photo of it online and offered a reward for its return.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

PghGirl

FIRST!

Jay D

Geez, you guys get news faster than the media here in Sacramento. I live in Sacramento and it hasn't even been on the news today yet.

steve

Have you seen his bike? It is the only one like it in the world !! His bike is so unique, it will stick out like a sore thumb! There is no where in the world someboby can ride this bike, without being noticed....These guys may have pulled off the big bike hiest but the century but they sure won't be able to sell on the street corner or internet !,,,

Cammie

It's shameful to have occurred in Sacramento of all places....I hope this TMZ information is true. Last I heard on the news was the local authorities were pulling together all the surveillance in the area (near the Capitol). As Lance Armstrong said, somebody would have to be stupid to have stolen it; however, it makes you wonder if it wasn't intentional sabotage with the bicycles of his team members being stolen, too.

LWood

Hey - maybe it's in the basement of the Alamo with Pee-Wee's bike!

PEPSI Generation

I want2ride my bi`key NOW!!!where the F waht the F wheres my Bikey!!!

laura

nice. When my bike was stolen the police didn't do a freakin thing

PEPSI Generation

I lost my little clown bike up my butt and went to jail for eight years for that...BUT I told them it was NC-17 and it was a movie of the weak.

tlynn

8. Laura, tricycles are not eligible! Besides we have 70 Probabtion Officers about to be laid off, sex offenders losing their housing money & prisoners about to be released. I think the people of Sacramento & Police Officers are more concerned with more criminals & sex offenders (PLEASE WATCH & PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN) walking the streets, playgrounds & schools. And seeing that Obama wants to ban guns in the home, we must rely on our Police Dept to protect us. Sad but true.

Janet

Who cares. I'm tired of Lance Armstrong.

Fan Since 2007!!!

I live in Sacramento. I hope the news goes down BIG when these DumbAsses get caught.

SULTAN

MAYBE FRANCIS TOOK IT! MAYBE LANCE SHOULD GO TO CHUCKS BIKE SHOP. I HEARD THEY ARE HAVING A SALE.

ChicagoMark

It was his fav bike. One nut held it all together.