« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Boston Celtic Busted for DUI

2/26/2009 9:52 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gabe Pruitt: ExclusiveGabe Pruitt was arrested this morning for suspicion of DUI.

Pruitt, a member of the Boston Celtics, was pulled over around 3:15 AM in the Hollywood area. Sources tell TMZ Pruitt failed a field sobriety test and had a blood alcohol level well over the legal limit.

He was taken to a local jail and booked on suspicion of driving under the influence. His bail was $5,000.

Pruitt, who went to college at USC in Los Angeles, scored three points last night in the Celtics' 93-91 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers.

UPDATE: The Celtic suspended Pruitt for two games for "conduct detrimental to the team."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

I'd be drinking also if Stephan Marbury was about to become my team mate.

KANDIBAR220

With all the money these celebs have you would think they'd have sense enough by now to hire a driver or TAKE A DAMN CAB CAUSE THEY'LL END UP BOTH SCREWED LEGALLY AND HAVE IT FEATURED ON TMZ!!!

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

Leave him alone and catch the real crooks---REPUBLICANS!

Winky Vitalic

Slow news day, tmz?

toofastforyou!

The whole team must have been drunk to lose to the clippers...............

PEPSI Generation

The HOLLYWOOD area???? thats one beg ass area are you sure????.DRUNK in hollywood? thats a joke when 20,000 meth heads are running maddly about in the streets dodgeing the traffic in thier heads.One little old drunk B-ball player should have stayed on the farm and dunked TMZ`s white ass crew in the horse shielt.

L. P.

Blah..blah..blah...

KeeKeePee

TMZ needs to find something better to report on and leave him ALONE. He's a great guy and COME ON the alcohol blood level here in California is ridiculous. Anyone can fail a sobriety test. Get back to the OctoMom news.

Janet

Ball player.

scott u

boy as I 've read comments to you, seems to me you have a lot on angry blk people... at least they read you,

KOBE BRYANT' RIGHT NUT

WHAT A D-BAG....HEY LISTEN....THE CELTICS SUCK DONKEY BALLZ!!!

Los Angeles

Gabe was recently quoted in an interview as saying

SLAM: Fellas give me something on the first time you put on the uniforms. Growing up a Sixers fans, I hated that kelly green with a passion but as I grow older, I’ve learned to have an appreciation for the nostalgia.

Gabe Pruitt: I always do too. Every time I put on this uniform, you get a different feeling. I just want to make sure I perform in it well.

Obviously he wasn't wearing the unifrom when he got his DUI.....