OctoMom

Scores a House!!!

3/9/2009 9:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

OctoMom don't need no publicist, because she's about to get a new home.

0309_aaaaa-1

We've learned her dad is the purchaser of the 2,583 square-foot house for Octo. It's located in La Habra, near where OctoGrandma lives now. It has four bedrooms and three bathrooms, a large master bedroom with a walk-in closet and a large backyard. It's listed for $564,900. The buyer paid near asking price.

It's listed by Mike Patel of Prudential Realty in Anaheim Hills in the O.C. We're told the deal was just inked and it will close on Friday. Sources also say the "substantial down payment" came from money that OctoMom has been scoring over the last few weeks. As one source put it, "the money has been coming from all over the place -- $15,000 here, $25,000 there." We're told the seller is financing the deal.

We're told Octo will either move in over the weekend or early next week.

sako

Octograndpa is a Liar!!!
Isn’t this the same beggar that went on Oprah’s show saying “I only have a $100 in the bank”
Also another lie of his is “ I have to be back in Iraq in a week or two”. We all know everything
These scammers say is a lie. Grandpa took $110,000 and made the house down payment.
Do you really think this hustler is going back to Iraq now, to drive a truck? Octomooch /pimp
Learned well from her parents.

jdub

yep...that's 4 streets down from where i live. JOY!!

demongirl88

she needs a bigger house than a 4 bedroom for all those kids

metal mulisha fan 4 life

ugh she just moved into my city

Cindy

So sad..all you have to do is pop out 8 babies to become a homeowner. What has this world come to. Please go away Octofreak!

southsidechicago

For WiseOldOwl -

"316. To Southsidechicago...In the Davis/Sterling Act of CA , new guidelines went into effect regarding how many can reside in a home. This new law took effect around 2004. You can have any number of people living in a home BUT at the same time, there was also a new law put into effect in 2004 that states it now becomes a nusiance issue with regard to noise, trash, loitering, etc. these would be grounds for removing occupants from a house, but as slow as the Government is on these things, she'll be here for a while. I am now wondering how much the monthly association dues are on this home as it appears this little cul de sac of homes does have an HOA...Bet its gonna run her dad another $300- a month extra for common area upkeep-wait til the city hears about this! She's gonna just love La Habra and all their strict rules-ha ha ha!. Danged. I'm So Mad I could spit! Why my neighborhood, why me? Was bad enough she was in the same area as my fave stores in Whittier, bad enough to see her infiltrate my tv, now this is too much!-My neighbors are just going to love this!!!"

Thanks for the info on local occupancy guidelines. But I think the companion law may give the neighbors SOME recourse. The HOA may end up with some very legitimate complaints about the noise, congestion, and litter that will be brought into the community by the paparazzi... I've read that neighbors on the block in Whittier had some issues with this. People should have the right to peaceful enjoyment of their homes, and safety on their streets.

It's possible. Really. The neighborhood in which I live was physically occupied at 7:45 AM on the morning of November 4, 2008 by the FBI, the Secret Service, and the Chicago Police Department. One of our main streets was blocked off for 4 blocks, buses were immediately rerouted, concrete barricades were placed at tne ends of the residential portions of the street, and military sharpshooters were stationed on rooftops. Pretty hectic day! But within 24 hours, alternate routes had been identified for card and buses, security staff was put in place to allow residents easy access in and out of the area, and we all got adjusted to our new lifestyle here. This was the first time in recent history that authorities had actually tried to secure a President'-elect's family home in a busy city neighborhood, so of course there were some momentary glitches. But everything worked out fine, and still does. Point is, if the rights and conveniences of neighbors are worthy of respect and consideration when trying to protect the First Family (who also happen to be wonderful neighbors very involved in the community), the local authorities should certainly be willing and able to support the community in any challenges they might face with an UNWANTED media circus, and its affect on their lives. And, holding the Suleman family to the same "good neighbor" policies now in place with the Homeowners Association is fair also.

Alice

This has been nothing but a scheme for money all along. If you guys (all reporters ) had not been pursuing her,and paying for interviews, etc., and that's what she was planning. Face it -she's taken the american public. If she wants that many kids, let her support them-maybe she could get a job! ( I know she's only had one)but if she can't support her own kids - GIVE THEM UP.

Itsallgood

I am so glad that the octo-mom finally got a bigger house for all those children. How else are they going to move around in such a tiny space? I wish that whoever needs help, gets help. Believe it or not, even in this bad economy, there are still generous people out there that give from their heart. Come on, let's stop hating this woman... She seems very charismatic and she seems to genuinely love her kids. You know, some women collect purses and shoes, but this one love kids. In time, I hope very soon, before the donations run out, that she figures out a way to make a good living. She seems very intelligent and she's educated. She'll make it!

mommyof2

I think this woman is UNBELIEVABLE!!!! If she can get away with getting donations, welfare, pretty much everything given to her............EVERY WOMAN IN AMERICA should go have 14 kids. She is no diffrent from anybody else in the world, nobody new her untill she had 14 kids. Why is she so damn special to recieve money from strangers to support her kids???? I think all of us other americans should put up websites and cry boo hoo I dont have a big enough house and no job, and dont know how Im going to support my kids and myself, and see how much we can rake in!!! Its only fair right?? I find it sickening that the father of my kids goes to work everyday and busts his ass so she can live off of student loans and our tax money!!!! SHE MAKES ME SICK AND SHE SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO BE A MOTHER AND NOT BE ABLE TO SUPPORT HER OWN KIDS!!!!!

Nadia

Nadya Suleman is a big liar. Because yesterday, she said on entertainment tonighr(ET), on TV. that the house she is moving to, is renting it with option to buy. Today on same chanell 2 (ET)March 10. We hear that she is closing for the house , that she bought. Obviously she is not paying for it. But, why lie about it. She never said the truth , always she admits later the truth.How about that, she said the other day, that she admited that she had a plastic surgery after lying about it,but, she did it 20 years ago. That means when she was 13 years old. hahahaha, she makes me laugh!!!!!!!!I want that plastic surgent to come forward, and hear that from him. I wonder if the TV. chanels & the interviewers believe her. I cannot stand this psycho women. All her plans worked out perfectly, just the way she wanted. ALAS!

Nadia

I thought she rented the house with option to buy! Now i hear , the closing for the house is tomorow. What alie!!!She thinks we are stupid. Plus, she finally admited that she had a plastic surgery. But, she says 20 years ago, that means , when she was only 13. hahahaha that is very funny. Nadya, u really make me laugh.

acook

I think this is crazy. I dont understand why would you put yourself in that sitaution I am a single mom of 4 due to divorce and I bust my butt to take care of my kids why shouldnt she have to do the same thing. Its like ok go have alot of kids and you get a new house body gaurd and nanny. Come on this has got to be a joke. I am glade the kids are getting help but somewhere she needs to be the one taking responsibility for her OWN just like everyone else who struggles to make it everyday. SO what all the other kids whose mom is barely making it dont get the same treatment because there mom decided to make a logic choice and not have 14 kids that she cant afford or heck that any two people can afford. Wow. EXTRA EXTRA read all about it have 14 kids and you will be taken care of

jwoolman

Other parents of high multiples got free houses and money to pay nannies to help with the multiple bundles of joy, too. They all say that public begging is essential, since nobody can deal with such costs alone.

Other multi-parents also got nasty snailmail letters from the same types of folks who now post on the net, spreading the hate faster than in simpler days. The mother of the McCaughey septuplets said she figured about 10% of the snailmail they received (pre-net) was the same sort of garbage I'm seeing here.

How nice of TMZ to practically draw a map for the crazies making the death threats to find the house. But 4 bedrooms should do fine otherwise - they need one big bedroom for the octuplets and all their gear and room for nannies and volunteers to move around, but having 3 other bedrooms is fine. The first 6 kids will have plenty of room, my friends shared bedrooms with siblings all the time - even had to share beds until they were old enough to leave the house. There are economies of scale and space savings in large families.

Judging from a description I've seen about the prior bedroom arrangements, I don't think Grandma was actually living in the 3-bedroom house except while Nadya was in the hospital (for about 2 months at least, mostly before the birth on strict bed rest). Nadya was renting from the parents, which might explain why they were okay with letting it go into foreclosure or for taxes (whichever it is) - others have done that also, there can be tax advantages. Also what can happen is that the house is bought at a much lower price than current appraisals, so it becomes too expensive to keep up the taxes. I'm not at all convinced that the parental money troubles are because of Nadya and her kids, but sure makes a nice excuse.

Grandma isn't exactly the best candidate for sainthood, so you might want to hang on to the halo. She didn't want a big family herself - quite possibly she was reluctant to have even one kid. Her husband wanted several more, so that must have been a continuing conflict (he also might have been unhappy not having a son). So it's not surprising that she is stressed out by all of this. Another woman with a different background and temperament might have coped much more easily, especially since Grandma was definitely not the only one dealing with the kids even when Nadya couldn't be there. Six is not an unusual number of kids in the real world and the age spacing isn't so odd either - many people have their kids close together like that.

So Nadya and her mom don't agree on family size - big deal, families disagree all the time, and they call each other "crazy" all the time. But saying such things to media was a major, major, major mistake -- and judging from things the reporters were picking up from the kids (what decent reporter interviews a five-year-old, anyway?), Grandma and/or Grandpa were scaring the kids by saying certain things in front of them, just ask yourself if the reported comments from the kids were believable for their age. Methinks some distance between grandparents and grandchildren will be a good thing.

One final note: I can't understand why people keep trashing Nadya for "not having a job". She continued to work at least part-time at her original post-high school job until 2008, but to get a good desk job in that field she needed more education. She went back to school in her twenties for both college and grad school. Going to school (with or without 6 kids) is a job. I was in grad school full-time for 5 years, and it was like working 2 shifts 7 days a week. That's why parents in school often are on public assistance programs (food stamps, medical care programs for low-income families, even the regular welfare program sometimes) and why they get student loans and grants (which are used for everything, not just tuition and books) so they are paid to go to school. They get daycare and housing subsidies on campus, too. It's a benefit for society to keep families together and the parent in school -- the investment is repaid many times over later.

BrendanBehan

I love octomom. She brings so much joy and happiness to the world. Reading these heart felt missives about her bouncing bounty and the good fortune bestowed upon her has restored my faith in humanity

1995 days ago

Wendy

Is that the house from Poltergeist??

1995 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments