« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adenhart Crash Suspect Charged with Murder

4/10/2009 6:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nick AdenhartAndrew Gallo, the man behind the wheel of the van that killed Nick Adenhart and two others, has been charged with three counts of murder.

He faces a maximum sentence of 55 years to life.

In addition to murder charges, Gallo is charged with driving under the influence and causing bodily injury, driving with a blood alcohol level above .08% and causing bodily injury, and fleeing the scene.

The Orange County D.A. says Gallo's blood alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit.

Gallo was driving on a suspended license because of a prior DUI. He fled the scene and was eventually arrested.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Octowelfaremom

Dr. Dave - I have a better idea! Let's not DRINK AND DRIVE PERIOD. HOW'S THAT???? THIS WAY WE DON'T HAVE TO DEFEND CELEBRITIES TO NON-CELEBRITIES WHEN THEY KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE OR CRIPPLE THEM

Chucky

#14 by Dong Hang Lo

You are an IDIOT, It is not the same thing at all. This is a TRIPLE HOMOCIDE. This guy should spend the rest of his life behind bars with NO Parole.

wowpeople

Ryan,

You're a f'n idiot...well said Tracy...they should lock this bitch up for life

Me

Some of you are idiots here. He is an illegal it says so on the paperwork they scanned and posted online!
The loser that said he would be deported if he was illegal must be on METH. The are NOT deported!!! He will serve time then be deported. Ignorant people piss me off!

Pissed off in Georgia

To #14.. Nick Hogan should have enjoyed more time in jail. It's not the fact that this dude is Mexican.. it's the fact that he drives while drinking. GROW THE F*** up people. If you drink, BE RESPONSIBLE! My heart breaks for these young people. In the prime of life, cut short. Personally, I think those how receive a DUI should be punished MUCH harsher than they are. Let's make an example of these idiots. PLEASE!!

Pissed off in Georgia

Celebrities or not.. there are innocent, decent human being being killed daily by these idiots. I am smart enough to know if I drink don't drive. Why can't these people understand this. Is it really worth the loss of life and the time bending over to get the soap in prison?!?!?! Grow the F*** up and realize what life is all about.

Pissed off in Georgia

Perhaps one time with a DUI a mistake, WITHOUT LOSS OF LIFE. Subsequent times.. MANDANTORY jail time.

Joanne

I agree with No. 14. Nick Hogan should be in prison for the rest of his life. And so should Andrew Gallo. It's time the law changed for drunk drivers-- one time caught and the person is in prison FOR THE REST OF HIS OR HER LIFE.....

JakeMan

Tracy you are CORRECT. Every race has their own problems....BUT....

Prison Population:

Mostly Blacks and Mexicans (takes up 85 % of the prison population)
It's a shame....being the Minority in the General US population but the MAJORITY in prison.

I'm not saying anything....I'll let you guys draw the conclusion

Btw: I'm not white or asian (just in case you guys call me white/asian racist)

Jill Goessling

If the courts didn't catch his prior suspended licenses maybe he
would not have had the chance to murder 3 people and
critically injur another.
The authorities need to really check carefully before these
criminals are allowed to get away.
#11 You are exactly right!

moonray

So what does it matter if a famous person kills or gets killed... or the colour of their eyes for that matter ? This is a repeat DUI offender who killed three innocent people.

It's time society gets feed up and gets tough with drunks who keep driving. Period. End of story.

Glen Alan Garner

I used to drink and drive back in the day, but at least I never killed no one, thank God. But I'm now clean and sober for quite some time, and this guy ought to be in jail for the rest of his life without parole.

Papa D

This is such a TRAGEDY... Unfortunately it happens too often. Lets all remember To commit Murder you must have attempted to cause it or pre-meditated it. I completely disagree with the charge of MURDER...Vehicular Manslaughter would have been more appropriate. The charge is been driven by the anger and bigotry... This is just as appalling as when the Police officer in La Habra drove through the intersection and killed two people just last week .. A new witness has indicated that the cop did not have it's LIGHT'S and SIRENS....I don't see any public outcry...

Hans

tragedy knows no bounds - it affects everyone. But you know what I don't like? I don't like all the fame, celebrity, adulation and so forth heaped on some kid simply because he happens to be deemed good at some game which consists primarily of adult men chasing a little BALL around. it seems ridiculous and unfair. There are literally thousands of kids hurt maimed or injured every year, and many far worse off or from far less privileged backgrounds, and some undoubtedly at least as, if not far MORE "deserving" So it chafes me somewhat to see all the empathy thrown out just because this guys popular. Our society is pretty messed up and has skewed priorities.

Papa D

Andrea , you stupid bitch.... Alcohol drinking is not a mexican problem... I hope you are as angry as when a white serial child molester is prowling the streets. Since that seems to be your kinds forte...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments